Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stephen85

Norwich - 1st April Question

I’m hoping to get myself and son over to see another home game before the end of season , the game on Easter Monday what’s the chances this game stays to 3pm Easter Monday kick off ? I see they play on the 29th March as well so is it likely the Easter Monday will stay ….. just trying to work out flights / hotel etc 

Thanks 

I’m no authority on this whatsoever, but my assumption is that games mainly get moved for TV.  So if they were at 3pm on a Saturday originally (which can’t be televised), but turned out to be potentially more interesting (relegation scrap, title challenge etc) , then they get moved so the TV companies can have them.  Maybe I’m totally wrong.  But if I’m right, I doubt that match would be moved, as presumably being on a bank holiday it’s already been booked for TV.   No idea what impact the FA cup would have though, although I doubt we’ll still be in it by then. 

20 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

TV fixtures for the Easter period (29 March  to 1 April) are supposed to be announced on Friday 1st March.

So long as they stick to their planned "release date", you should know by the end of 1st March.   That's the theory, anyway.

This guy is 100% right.

Here is the full schedule in case anyone needs it.

https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/tv-game-selection-process/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

I’m hoping to get myself and son over to see another home game before the end of season , the game on Easter Monday what’s the chances this game stays to 3pm Easter Monday kick off ? I see they play on the 29th March as well so is it likely the Easter Monday will stay ….. just trying to work out flights / hotel etc 

Thanks 

High chance this being changed to earlier or later ko as will be close to confirming our return back to the premier league and Norwich may still be pushing for play offs, having said that I expected Hull away to be televised.

23 hours ago, Foxoffice said:

High chance this being changed to earlier or later ko as will be close to confirming our return back to the premier league and Norwich may still be pushing for play offs, having said that I expected Hull away to be televised.

Yeah when looking at the fixtures I hope they put the Ipswich vs Southampton or Leeds v hull on tv , earlier kick off would be grand as I would plane to fly the day before, I guess it’s just a matter of wait and see and me to be patient lol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stephen85 said:

Yeah when looking at the fixtures I hope they put the Ipswich vs Southampton or Leeds v hull on tv , earlier kick off would be grand as I would plane to fly the day before, I guess it’s just a matter of wait and see and me to be patient lol 

Just bear in mind ... it's only if we're selected for TV, that the club will explicitly say so.   Otherwise they usually say nothing, and you work it out from seeing which other games have been televised.  (if that makes sense).

As I think Sky are the only ones to televise live our games, you can check their website directly:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky

or use this useful website:

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I assume there would be no chance of a bank holiday fixture going to booking history unless if there are quite a few who cannot make it due to travelling home after being away for the bank holiday weekend?

Being a category A game I would assume they would not do a booking history.. 

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I assume there would be no chance of a bank holiday fixture going to booking history unless if there are quite a few who cannot make it due to travelling home after being away for the bank holiday weekend?

23 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

How many Championship games get picked for this day? Is it 2 or 3? Ipswich v Southampton I'd expect to be nailed on. Then if it's only one more I'd expect it to be either us or Leeds v Hull.

Won’t be Leeds v Hull as Leeds are away at Cov lol 

Can see it being that game along with Ipswich Southampton, if they just have the lunch and evening games. 

With it being a Monday, they could televise a 3pm game also. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bert said:

Won’t be Leeds v Hull as Leeds are away at Cov lol 

Can see it being that game along with Ipswich Southampton, if they just have the lunch and evening games. 

With it being a Monday, they could televise a 3pm game also. 

It's definitely Leeds v Hull. Cov v Leeds is on Saturday 6th. Just checked.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

Confirmed as 12.30 for TV earlier today.

Excellent, just a matter now of waiting until the 8th to book tickets! Think we will fly out on the Sunday and home on the Tuesday just to make the weekend of it! 

Is any ST members able to check and see if there is still tickets available in j1-3 ? (3 seats together) as I’m hoping to get 3 seats together when on sale Friday morning for members.

thanks 

10 minutes ago, Stephen85 said:

Is any ST members able to check and see if there is still tickets available in j1-3 ? (3 seats together) as I’m hoping to get 3 seats together when on sale Friday morning for members.

thanks 

Quite a few seats still in j1, but quite sparse in 2/3.. 

• Thanks 1

Can anyone help me with a kids reference for this game. I'm a member and want to take my son to his first game. He's 6 btw. Don't want to pay out for a membership just to buy this ticket and being close to the end of the season. Much appreciated if anyone can. Thanks in advance 

Edited by JoachimWasMyHero

1 hour ago, JoachimWasMyHero said:

Can anyone help me with a kids reference for this game. I'm a member and want to take my son to his first game. He's 6 btw. Don't want to pay out for a membership just to buy this ticket and being close to the end of the season. Much appreciated if anyone can. Thanks in advance 

If you wait until Monday you can buy a guest ticket as a member. So do the following:

Set your son up an account (you can use your email for the registration).

Link him to your account.

Monday buy your ticket and buy him a ticket as your "guest".

That should work. So you don't need to buy him a membership.

• Like 1