Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS foodbank QPR (H)

7 hours ago, Union FS said:

Foodbank - QPR (H).

Last year, demand for The Bridge's hub services increased 21% on the previous year.

The number of families in our city living in temporary accommodation has tripled in the last 18 months.

You can help by donating the following items, or cash on Saturday.

received_420833767140377.jpeg

This is a fantastic initiative, I will definitely grab a bag to bring down.

It's absolutely disgusting and terrifying that the demand has increased nearly 1 quarter in the last year 😳 

Just trying to think of some wholesome meals I could make from the list and there is a few , No pasta which surely should be there and a few less healthy items that really should be off limits to educate how to eat well for little.I saw a lady in the coop recently put a probably £4 value pack of washing capsules in the foodbank  maybe food would be preffered.

58 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Just trying to think of some wholesome meals I could make from the list and there is a few , No pasta which surely should be there and a few less healthy items that really should be off limits to educate how to eat well for little.I saw a lady in the coop recently put a probably £4 value pack of washing capsules in the foodbank  maybe food would be preffered.

Feel free to bring as much pasta as you like. It'll be gratefully accepted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel free to bring as much pasta as you like. It'll be gratefully accepted.

If this is a foodbank chariiity I would hope they have a dietician on board to help with items required and maybe some paperwork going out to educate and advise which surely has to be a big part of their work.Not just come along and collect but this is how you can help yourseff manage.

29 minutes ago, dynamark said:

If this is a foodbank chariiity I would hope they have a dietician on board to help with items required and maybe some paperwork going out to educate and advise which surely has to be a big part of their work.Not just come along and collect but this is how you can help yourseff manage.

https://www.bridgeleicester.org/what-we-do

There you go, you can read about their work above.

• Like 3

Ta that looks pretty organised . used to work for a Housing Association and you would be amazed the number of people who just cannot deal with day to day stuff.Incrediby some would rather/can only cope and be in a bus shelter than a flat.Sadly I have also seen through work how some charities utterly waste money Cancer Research was the one I came across directly and they were throwing money around .Its got to be about giving folk the ability and advice to look after themselves longer term 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dynamark said:

It’s a foodbank not a weight-loss clinic. People who need food deserve it without having go along with someone else’s prejudices.

Bravo to @Union FS for all of the impactful and non-judgmental work you do in the community with The Bridge. 

Edited by The_77

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

It’s a foodbank not a weight-loss clinic. People who need food deserve it without having go along with someone else’s prejudices.

Bravo to @Union FS for all of the impactful and non-judgmental work you do in the community with The Bridge. 

Bit of a short term view .We need to help folk with their future and to fend for themselves.Not much point giving away crisps choc biscuits and cans of pop