Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS foodbank QPR (H)

7 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Bit of a short term view .We need to help folk with their future and to fend for themselves.Not much point giving away crisps choc biscuits and cans of pop

Again, plenty of other items on the list you can bring...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Bit of a short term view .We need to help folk with their future and to fend for themselves.Not much point giving away crisps choc biscuits and cans of pop

god forbid an unhoused person enjoys eating some crisps. not exactly gonna cook them a stew that last for 365 days are they.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Do you have a better suggestion? No? Thought not.

Maybe you could join Union FS and offer your insight in person, rather than just sniping here.

• Like 3

I am offering insight which again is lets run a foodbank if really required but educate and help people look after themselves not rely on the state and charity .Very often other issues involved not just short of cash for food, Im talking health smoking gambling mental stuff unemployment.Need short term help with long term solutions.I hope it goes well and the charity does help folk all round.

15 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Need short term help with long term solutions. I hope it goes well and the charity does help folk all round.

I don't think anyone would deny that long term solutions are necessary, but given the awful people in power, and their sneering at poverty and the causes behind it, we should fully support the kindness and humanity of those doing this. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Did the same last year too.

It's sad really - people have the right to vote however they like, but sadly some allow their awful views show in what they say on matters such as these.

Anyway, I have put my money where my mouth is this evening

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dynamark said:

I am offering insight which again is lets run a foodbank if really required but educate and help people look after themselves not rely on the state and charity .Very often other issues involved not just short of cash for food, Im talking health smoking gambling mental stuff unemployment.Need short term help with long term solutions.I hope it goes well and the charity does help folk all round.

Stop moaning and thinking you can do better or offer your expertise.

If you dont like something they are doing positive why diss them?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I mean I think they would take it but perhaps not really the done thing.

Ok thanks, probably should've added more context. It's unsold food from the co-op which will be collected tonight. Pastry items and bread which has been baked  today, as well and packaged sandwiches etc. i will bring it and explain.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Ok thanks, probably should've added more context. It's unsold food from the co-op which will be collected tonight. Pastry items and bread which has been baked  today, as well and packaged sandwiches etc. i will bring it and explain.

Not packaged sandwiches, as they will have a use-by date, and will need to be temperature controlled.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Please don't forget this, stick something in your pocket on the way out.

Cash and card donations being taken at both collection spots.

Definitely taking card payments  yeah?