Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

who do we lose-if we don’t go up

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There’s a big difference between staying down and going up 

in addition,  even if we stay down it won’t be as easy as you think to get rid of some players who are still earning more here than they could elsewhere. 

you know janiick is out of contract ?   His good season will get him a two year deal somewhere 

Yeah you’re right, it will be a battle to get rid of some, regarding Vesty I’m not sure how much he’s on in the champ but I assume he had a relegation clause so he might be affordable, and at this level he’s good enough so might be worth a contract since he’s been one of our best players, but wouldn’t be the end of the world to see him go. 

If we don’t go up we’re in serious trouble. 

We will get a 12 point deduction and have to cut our outgoings massively.

We will have to get serious bang for our buck for every player we keep and every single player is on wages that are way too high.

I’d have a serious fire sale. Teams are going to low ball us and we are going to have to suck that up because our desperation will be obvious. It’ll be seriously important to get players off the wage bill lest the club go bust.

I would try to keep Hermansen but he will be one player we might be able to drive a hard bargain for and we’d likely have to take anything over £10m. I’d probably say the same for Justin. I quite like Doyle but he’s not good enough for the money and I think we’d have to change our style of play.

Faes and Vestergaard have been mainstays but they’re not good enough to justify their salary and I’d accept any offer. Choudhury the same, he’s not nearly effective enough for his salary and I’d let him go on a free if it came to it.

It would be nice to keep Winks but he will attract offers and we need the cash. Dewsbury-Hall will want to go and it doesn’t serve our interests to keep unhappy players who we can make money on. Ndidi will go on a free as will Iheanacho. I’d try to keep Mavididi unless we got a good offer. No way we can afford to sign Fatawu unless we go up.

Daka can go for anything if it gets his wages off the bill. Vardy. I’d keep Vardy if he can accept a sensible wage. Probably no more than £40k. If not, sadly he should go.

That should give room to manoeuvre and get together a good solid young and hungry championship side with a handful of talented players. Use the academy, that’s what it’s for, the academy and training ground are our fixed assets and we need to use them. And I think we just have to start again.

I think everyone will be up for sale if the right offer came in and we'd likely have to build a new squad around the academy players (Stolarczyk, Nelson, Braybrooke, Mcateer etc.) and then supplement those that we cannot shift with free's and loans. 

Regardless of what division we're in next season we're gonna be skint from a PSR perspective for the next 2 seasons anyway and need to cut our cloth accordingly

On 04/04/2024 at 15:46, cityfanlee23 said:

In reality most of them will have to be shipped out, our financial situation is perilous and I think we will seriously be looking at moving on anyone who’s on over 20k a week.

Hermansen will go to the prem or a top flight club in Europe. 
Ricardo, 

Vardy, 

Winks,

Fatawu won’t sign, 

Albrighton 

Faes is getting minutes for Belgium so he will get a club somewhere 

Ndidi 

Daka 

Kristiansen has done okay at Bologna so he will get a move 

Iheanacho is gone 

Coady I actually think might stay, his options are limited after his failed move and I have a feeling a new manager will come in and utilise him. 
KDH will be the big money move

Praet. 

I imagine going into next season of the players on our books who will be playing/bench if we stay down will be: 

Vesty 

Coady

Souttar 

Justin 

Nelson

Wanya 

Braybrooke

Alves

Mcateer

Mavididi (gut feeling he stays) 

Hamza

Cannon

Danny Ward on a 10 year deal 

This is about right (maybe Vesty goes).   You can add Iverson, Stolarczy and Thomas and a few loans

• Like 1

https://www.football365.com/news/leicester-city-stars-reassigned-ffp-man-utd-25m-target-newcastle-defensive-crisis

Leicester City stars reassigned due to FFP: Man Utd land £25m target, Newcastle solve defensive crisis
Lewis Oldham 24 minutes ago

Leicester City are the latest club in FFP hot water after following Everton and Nottingham Forest in breaching Profit and Sustainability rules.

Enzo Maresca’s side returned to winning ways on Easter Monday against Watford to get their promotion tilt back on track, but a summer fire sale could ruin the positive vibes brought about by a potential immediate Premier League return.

The Telegraph‘s John Percy recently revealed that the Foxes are ‘under pressure to sell players this summer’ even if they get promoted, while they are facing a points deduction next season after being charged for their PSR breach.

So while Leicester were ‘too good to go down’ last season and have been among the standout teams in the Championship this term, Maresca is at risk of losing a couple of his best players in the summer and this will make their return campaign in the Premier League way more difficult than he would have hoped.

It will surely be to the relief of Foxes supporters that we’ve kindly reassigned five of their priciest assets (fees taken from transfermarkt) to Premier League clubs, with Manchester United and Newcastle United among the teams to profit from Leicester’s misdemeanours…

Patson Daka (£12m) – AFC Bournemouth
Previously linked with Manchester United and Manchester City, Daka – who was a prolific goalscorer for RB Salzburg – did not reach previous lofty heights in the Premier League as he was regularly behind Jamie Vardy and Kelechi Iheanacho in the pecking order at The King Power Stadium.

This was also the case during the opening few months of this season after a proposed summer move to Bournemouth fell through on deadline day. But credit needs to go to Daka, who has taken his opportunity with both hands after injuries to Vardy and Iheanacho afforded him a rare run in the first-team.

The Zambia international has seven goals and four assists in his 15 Championship appearances this term and during an interview with The Athletic in February, he insisted that he would return to the Premier League as a “different player” following his experiences in the division below.

And Daka could show he is a “different player” at Bournemouth, who could renew their interest in the 25-year-old with 16-goal forward Dominic Solanke potentially on the move.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (£25m) – Manchester United
Leicester City star man Dewsbury-Hall is the player they can make the most money from this summer, with transfermarkt likely under-pegging his valuation as the 25-year-old has been tipped to cost £40m this summer.

Having previously gone under the radar compared to James Maddison and Harvey Barnes, the drop to the Championship has allowed Dewsbury-Hall to show his class and he has been sensational for the title-chasers.

The midfielder has stepped up for the Foxes in moments of need and 24 goal involvements in 38 games is a stunning tally for a player in his position.

Brighton and Tottenham Hotspur are already being mentioned as potential destinations for Dewsbury-Hall in the summer but Man Utd are also understood to be keen. With co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe said to be emphasising signing English talent, the new-look Old Trafford recruitment structure could do a lot worse than look at the Foxes star (and Jarrad Branthwaite) as a priority summer addition.

Wout Faes (£17m) – Newcastle United
Leicester City’s lack of transfer activity last season contributed to their downfall last season as Faes was one of only three players to join the Foxes for fees during their relegation campaign.

Faes has proven to be a worthwhile signing for Leicester as he was one of their better performers last season and he has remained an integral figure following their relegation from the Premier League.

Despite competing with summer signings Conor Coady and Callum Doyle, Faes has earned Maresca’s trust and has featured in all but three of Leicester City’s Championship games this term.

If Faes were to move on, it is easy to see him heading to St James’ Park, especially amid Newcastle United’s ongoing injury crisis. With centre-backs Sven Botman and Jamaal Lascelles suffering serious knee injuries, the low-cost addition of Faes would be a welcome remedy for Eddie Howe’s selection headaches.

Harry Winks (£10m) – Everton
Leicester buying Winks from Tottenham Hotspur was one of the coups of last summer’s transfer window as this signing firmed up the theory that Maresca’s side would be the team to beat in the Championship this season.

We expected Winks to sign for a lowly Premier League team and tipped the England international to be a class above the rest in the Championship and this has proven to be the case.

The 28-year-old has only missed one league game this season as his selfless work rate has enabled Dewsbury-hall and Leicester’s abundance of attacking options to take most of the limelight.

Winks’ Tottenham career did not end as he would have intended but his valuable learning experience in Serie A with Sampdoria rejuvenated him upon his return to England and most bottom-half Premier League sides would surely be happy to have him in their squad.

He joined Sampdoria on loan during the 2022 summer window but before this move came about, Frank Lampard’s Everton wanted him but a £20m deal did not end up being completed. They could get him for around half of that fee now…

Stephy Mavididi (£9.5m) – West Ham United
Speaking of transfer coups, Leicester invested around £6.5m to sign winger Mavididi from Ligue Un outfit Montpellier last summer and he has already proven to be a bargain.

The former Arsenal academy product returned to England last year after cutting his teeth in Europe with Juventus, Dijon and Montpellier. Like many others, the 25-year-old has benefitted from honing his graft away from the limelight and he’s taken the Championship by storm this season.

Mavididi has contributed with eleven goals and five assists this term and he’s ready to become a regular in the Premier League.

West Ham are already spoilt for choice in attacking areas with the frightening combination of Lucas Paqueta, Mohammed Kudus and Jarrod Bowen, but *at least* one of the three will surely leave this summer.

While Mavididi is not yet to the calibre of the current Hammers trio, a small portion of the reported £85m fee from Man City for Paqueta can go on stealing the Leicester City standout as they repeat last summer’s rebuild following the sale of Declan Rice.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

very weird given our situation that iversen has come out and said he asked to leave in the summer and we said no to a sale,  and no to a loan.

He never looked in competition for a spot. 

Edited by Lambert09

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

very weird given our situation that iversen has come out and said he asked to leave in the summer and we said no to a sale,  and no to a loan.

He never looked in competition for a spot. 

Just shows the absolute car crash of a club we are behind the scenes, it was clear as day that Iversen was never going to get a look in given how we want to play and the fact it’s a real weakness in his game so not cashing in and getting £4-5m in to help the finances is absolutely mind blowing. 

• Like 1