Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Who is in charge?

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brighton have issues with Roma etc and their chief exec is already on the radio doing interviews about the events and the season in general.

Last we heard was top telling us we were in the wrong lol

Top has spent his life holding his dad’s hand and being told by senior execs, advisors etc. nothing but positives and compliments. He has this perception that criticism is an “insult to his honour”. Which is ridiculous. As a result, he has never grasped the importance of client relationship, customers or in case of a football club fans. That painfully poor statement which he agreed to sign at the end of the season is enough evidence of the fairytale he lives in. 

We are worst off for it. We have to massage his overinflated, unwarranted ego. Him being a part of this football club is disastrous and will add little to no value to us but plenty to our detriment. 

21 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

The hierarchy which entrusted Whelan is gone. 

The one who enthrusted Susan was Vachai, She's been with him virtually since he set up the Company many years ago.

I short she's been the Financial Brains of the operation and do a good job so far considering how wealthy KP is.

It seems she negotiates player sales as well as many other things.

What's changed is a Board makes the main decisions not one person Vichai. Even for Susan thing have changed.

Because she was his right hand man so to speak I bet he had her Back within the Board because he trusted her.

Now she even has to wait for the Board to make some decisions and we know how difficult it can be getting agreement with personalities involved.

After we sold Wesley Fofana, chief executive Susan Whelan. reassured “As we look to continue to compete with more established opponents, profits from player trading and continued successful recruitment will continue to feature prominently in our strategy,”

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

After we sold Wesley Fofana, chief executive Susan Whelan. reassured “As we look to continue to compete with more established opponents, profits from player trading and continued successful recruitment will continue to feature prominently in our strategy,”

And then Brendan did his thing.......

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Please find one single post where I said you shouldn't speculate about his responsibilities. 

I know it's hard for you, but you just fail to grasp the basics. There is a massive difference between discussing someone's potential responsibilities and absolutely slating someone about certain things when you have ZERO idea of their involvement. Do you not get that?

Not only that, but they are also provable facts or literally listed in articles that people post as "proof" that she doesn't touch the football side. If you want to keep trumping up John Percy articles, I'll just do the same. He listed most of those things in his article. 

Haha don't condensed me now that it's coming out that the people you've been excusing for years are turning out to have ****ed it. Take a look closer to home accusing others of not "grasping the basics".

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Haha don't condensed me now that it's coming out that the people you've been excusing for years are turning out to have ****ed it. Take a look closer to home accusing others of not "grasping the basics".

It's spelt condescend. Sorry, couldn't resist. 

Look, if you are going to chuck around accusations and accuse me of saying x, y and z, then at least quote an actual post. Because, once again, you are just wrong. 

I have said over and over and over again that they share a collective blame. 

All you ever do is misconstrue what has been said. I believe in collective responsibility because we don't know the facts of the situation, and thus I generally won't point fingers at individuals. 

17 hours ago, iancognito said:

For all the talk of King Power and Rudkin and who's to blame, don't forget the "Faceless 8" that sit there presumably advising and coming up with ideas. Operations Director? Strategy Director? General Counsel ? ?

When anyone talks about sacking the board - this is the board. I'd challenge anyone to define exactly what any of these people do.

Screenshot_20240202-213221-845.png

i see a lot of dead weight

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Now we hav accusations s of a coach having a relationship with a player....

Any ffp breach should have been seen a mile off.... george Hirst on 30k per week shows you how things were ott.  It ended up with being unable to bring players in and relegation.

Imo top needs to get a new chairman in

Edited by foxinsocks

If we entertain the thought that Whelan has one of the weirdest CEO roles on record (where she has no oversight above a department), that puts the chairman/vice chairman right in the firing line, because there would still be someone responsible for giving Rudkin that much of a free reign, even worse if he isnt reporting to anyone, it would perhaps make him the most powerful DoF in the game.  No matter which way you look at it, there is someone above Rudkin's name on that directors list who is culpable.