Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Who is in charge?

Look back... keeping Rodgers,  Kasper going, sacking Rodgers,  hiring Enzo,  loaning players out, buying or not buying (at the last minute).

There must be gossip from these events... who has overruled who? Who is calling the shots?

Edited by foxinsocks

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that no one is genuinely leading the Club. Top of course is the chairman, but one senses he has lost some interest and focus, but is still all powerful, and all the senior employees dare not act without his approval. But if he is somewhat removed from the business due to waning interest, that creates a vacuum. Thus we're existing, but we're drifting. You do tend to see this in various organisations. Everything derives from leadership. If that leadership is engaged, proactive and clear what it wants to achieve your chances of success increase. The opposite also applies.

That's just my rather pessimistic take on where we're at, not based on any kind of inside knowledge whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that no one is genuinely leading the Club. Top of course is the chairman, but one senses he has lost some interest and focus, but is still all powerful, and all the senior employees dare not act without his approval. But if he is somewhat removed from the business due to waning interest, that creates a vacuum. Thus we're existing, but we're drifting. You do tend to see this in various organisations. Everything derives from leadership. If that leadership is engaged, proactive and clear what it wants to achieve your chances of success increase. The opposite also applies.

That's just my rather pessimistic take on where we're at, not based on any kind of inside knowledge whatsoever.

My take too.

But evidence?

I think it's a good question. Rudkin gets a lot of stick, and rightly so for the most part, but how much power does he actually have? When it comes to signing players/not signing (eg Sensi) is this kind of thing solely down to Rudkin or is he being given the shit end of the stick as in he's no budget to work with? The answer is, nobody knows. We know very little as to the day to day running and who's in charge of what. Failure to sack Rodgers though, lands firmly at Tops door. Many on here said that Rudkin didn't particularly like Rodgers and was keen to get rid of him but it was Tops decision to stick with him. If Top has lost a bit of interest and focus with LCFC but wants to stay in charge, he'd be better bringing in some new faces to deal with the day to day running of the club but no doubt he'll stick with what he's got. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At times it feels like it's a Forest fan who has hacked us on a Football Manager game. Ryan Bertrand......big contract...... hwa hwa hwa

I think the question is raised because of the issues of transparency and communication, there's not a constant or consistent dialogue from anyone so there feels like a huge distance between us and when there's no official communication speculation and rumour takes over. When Top does speak / write it's interesting and seems very sincere, the piece re-assuring us they would not be walking away and what the club means to them was the kind of dialogue that's appreciated. The piece in the programme several games into last season explaining why we'd spent FA was well written but wrongly timed, it would not have affected my decision but announce that before selling the season tickets maybe, not after, at some stage of that summer the decision was made, Rodgers was told, Rodgers sulked and I do have some sympathy, no Premier League Club has ever done less in the summer market and survived (or ever done less full stop) so we'd written our own death knell and it was left to a sinking individual gut feeling that it was happening rather than a clear confirmation. In short they know more than they let on about our situation, at times it is prudent to keep it internal to ward off cheap bids for players, avoid deflated morale etc but if you want us to buy into something tell us what it is we're buying in to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

I agree we are drifting badly   need someone to steady the club. If not top he needs to put someone to run the club for him. 

1 hour ago, Pita said:

I agree we are drifting badly   need someone to steady the club. If not top he needs to put someone to run the club for him. 

My though too.  But I cant figure out if top is in or out... and if out then who is in charge?

on the pitch despite the last 3 games enzo and imo doing a good job, off it the club is in many peoples inc mine being run by none football puppets who don't  have a clue about history of our club or football in general , some of you will know people who work at club now in various rolls and wonder how  and why , they strike me as people who once worked as accountants h.r   h and s  and alton towers and are putting their ideas forward and sadly listed to, the fanstore and build up fan fayre appears to be more important than the game maybe why hundreds leave early with their club shopping bags as tired out by pre match crap , the boss and top i'll always appreciate but behind them it's mostly very bad.  

Genuinely think Top just defers to Rudkin, and Rudkin basically runs most of the show.

If I was the owner I would be looking at the likes of Brighton and doing everything in my power to replicate how they're run - Top just seems happy to coast along without any real long term strategy as to what we should be doing.

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/08/04/leicester-championship-pre-season-tour-premier-league/

Percy has more insight than most and there was some telling stuff in here.

I'd add to this - only one member of the board was invited to tops wedding and other members have been sidelined since the internal review.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1