Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Elsie Efsie

Was it even a Foul?

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

There is nothing in the rules that states a foul has to be done on purpose. Imagine a ref having to decide if a player  has intentionally decided to foul an opponent lol

It has to be deliberate as opposed to accidental. An accidental coming together is not a foul though I've seen planty of Refs giving them.

The best example is Hand Ball accidental is not a penalty anywhere on the pitch. Tht's how they made a mess of it when they changed the rule afew years back and are looking for away out now.

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Frame just before he trips himself up, wheres the foul? 

I cant see on video any contact. Doyle nearly pulls him with his arm but pulls back

Screenshot_20240317_230557_Gallery.jpg

He never fouled him. in the game and in this picture it looks like he pushed him in the back, But in real time he's actually pulling his arm away from him.

The attacker fell over his on feet when he kicked himself in the leg. A poor decision alround. 

I thought the purpose of Var was to correct mistakes in the game so as we get fair results. Clearly not when your playing the big Clubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He never fouled him. in the game and in this picture it looks like he pushed him in the back, But in real time he's actually pulling his arm away from him.

The attacker fell over his on feet when he kicked himself in the leg. A poor decision alround. 

I thought the purpose of Var was to correct mistakes in the game so as we get fair results. Clearly not when your playing the big Clubs.

yep, been trying to post a video but having no joy, it's so easy to see, we should be appealing the red card

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

What are defenders meant to do in that position? It was the slightest of touches and cos Vesty got skinned. Don’t blame Doyle at all for that one 

It's a bit of a rubbish rule really, but the rule is clear. Seems daft to me that an accidental trip trying to get the ball gets the same punishment as punching someone, but them's the rules.

I reckon denying a clear dogso outside the area should result in a penalty. No need for any cards if an identical offence wouldn't merit a card in other circumstances.

Having done referee training two weeks ago, it was quite amusing to me knowing that a red was coming as soon as the free kick was given, and everyone started cheering, not knowing that outside the box it turns to a red. It is soft but it is a foul and therefore a red for DOGSO

I don't want to brag, but I occasionally played as a striker at an extremely low level - but even there you know that in Jackson's position you get yourself between the goal and the defender because any contact is a foul.

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Then how is some hand balls not a foul for instance if the ball hits you in the hand without sticking out a hand to block it.

We're not talking about a handball, we're talking about a trip. The laws clearly say that if a player trips another player by being 'careless' (among other things like reckless, but Doyle's would clearly come under careless), it's a foul. No mention of it having to be deliberate.

Handball is a different kettle of fish, and even more crap. Handball used to have to be deliberate and everyone knew how it worked. Now there's all the nonsense about making your body larger and nobody really has a clue. They should just go back to deliberate or not.

Edited by BertFill

6 hours ago, BertFill said:

We're not talking about a handball, we're talking about a trip. The laws clearly say that if a player trips another player by being 'careless' (among other things like reckless, but Doyle's would clearly come under careless), it's a foul. No mention of it having to be deliberate.

Handball is a different kettle of fish, and even more crap. Handball used to have to be deliberate and everyone knew how it worked. Now there's all the nonsense about making your body larger and nobody really has a clue. They should just go back to deliberate or not.

The handball law seems little different to that of a foul, it is saying if you make yourself bigger by placing your arms away from the body then you are being carless with regards to  the risk of the ball hitting your arm. Personally I like the law. On the other hand treating attackers different to defenders when it comes to handball is madness.

Edited by Robo61