Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Elsie Efsie

Was it even a Foul?

Seems that VAR just looked at whether the alledged foul was in or out of the box. Correct decision whatever the contact was it was outside the box, however, from the limited veiws they gave all I saw was the Chelsea player clip his own legs?

Attacker's leg was touched by Doyle lightly before he kicked his own leg.

It's a pen. Definitely.

Edit- just re-read this.  :facepalm:I meant it's a FOUL, definitely.

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 1

Anybody got any idea why the ref gave penalty yellow, but then when it’s outside the box it became red? A foul on someone clean through is a red, end of surely? Or did VAR correct the very poor Madley on both counts?

4 minutes ago, ceebeefox said:

Anybody got any idea why the ref gave penalty yellow, but then when it’s outside the box it became red? A foul on someone clean through is a red, end of surely? Or did VAR correct the very poor Madley on both counts?

It’s the double jeopardy rule. You can’t lose a man to a pen 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

and a peno ? 

Yes 

No attempt to play the ball and denied a goal scoring opportunity 

the ref gave the red after he was called by the var to review that he hadn’t given the pen. 

Edited by st albans fox

problem i have is that the contact was fractional and didn't seem enough to bring a player down - which, i admit, doesn't make any difference these days: any contact seems to equate to a foul - but my problem is that chelsea must have made a dozen or more challenges that were worse than the red card where the ref didn't even give us a free kick, including several when we had just won possession and were countering.

So, by the ref's own general standard of 'what is a foul?', the red card should not have been given as a foul.

• Like 2