Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
infoman

local info for those heading to Bristol City

I live in rural Somerset just over 20 miles from Brizzawl and although I have seen the comment about it being a copy-and-paste job I think it is largely fair and accurate. Bristol is a nightmare to drive through because of the traffic, once you are in the city expect London-slow-style point to point times. The ULEZ is a shambles because it is not based on anything logical like a inner ring road, because there isn't one. But the cameras are not a shambles and are everywhere, don't chance it, plan your journey otherwise you will get caught and fined. Parking is also a nightmare and despite the advice about not parking on corners people in Brizzawl do it all the time because parking is so difficult to find in most inner city areas. Honestly, I would park somewhere with a good service past Ashton Gate like Long Ashton and get the bus. 

I didn't know about the block of flats from Only Fools and Horses but I do remember it being ever so familiar.

I saw the comment about bringing your camera and one thing that gets me every time I go through the city is the graffiti. There is even a shop in the city centre where people who do street art buy their cans. To me, living in an environment of un-graffitiable things like fields and hedges and old stone walls (and sheep and cows) the bottom end of the M32 looks like the Bronx and I always heave a sigh of relief once away from the city and on the M5 northbound.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

I live in rural Somerset just over 20 miles from Brizzawl and although I have seen the comment about it being a copy-and-paste job I think it is largely fair and accurate. Bristol is a nightmare to drive through because of the traffic, once you are in the city expect London-slow-style point to point times. The ULEZ is a shambles because it is not based on anything logical like a inner ring road, because there isn't one. But the cameras are not a shambles and are everywhere, don't chance it, plan your journey otherwise you will get caught and fined. Parking is also a nightmare and despite the advice about not parking on corners people in Brizzawl do it all the time because parking is so difficult to find in most inner city areas. Honestly, I would park somewhere with a good service past Ashton Gate like Long Ashton and get the bus. 

I didn't know about the block of flats from Only Fools and Horses but I do remember it being ever so familiar.

I saw the comment about bringing your camera and one thing that gets me every time I go through the city is the graffiti. There is even a shop in the city centre where people who do street art buy their cans. To me, living in an environment of un-graffitiable things like fields and hedges and old stone walls (and sheep and cows) the bottom end of the M32 looks like the Bronx and I always heave a sigh of relief once away from the city and on the M5 northbound.

All cities are a nightmare to drive through. Too many vehicles on the road, and cities not designed for the very large volume of traffic. Plus the inevitable road works. 

• Like 1