Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

I'd love to see Winks boss it in the Premier League. With less games and more quality around him, he could go up a level from what we saw this season. 

I suspect the rare occasions where he struggled this season, was more down to fatigue and not having more high calibre players around him. 

As good as KDH has been, you'd have to say Winks will also be just as vital to how we do next season. I just wish he had more goals in him. 

• Like 3

On 05/05/2024 at 08:44, Chelmofox said:

The same Vesty that looked amazing against Bournemouth?

Also, has he signed a new deal or something?

I really hope he doesn’t sign a new deal. 

On 05/05/2024 at 08:42, Foxy DK said:

Feels like this discussion gets nowhere. We all know that Vesty is slow. The question is whether his strengths outweighs his weaknesses - even if some in here seem to exaggerate the former and disregard the latter.

I’m confident that if he stays Enzo has a plan for him. And, as said before, it’s not like he hasn’t ever played top level football 🤷

You can’t have a plan for someone who is slow unless the whole formation changes and he just sits on the edge of the box and there’s no chance of him playing that way. Get him gone 

Posted (edited)

Definites:

Hermansen

Stolarcyk

Ricardo

Winks

Mavididi 

Fatawu

Justin

Faes

Nelson

Alves

Braybrooke

McAteer

KDH (unless we get a very good offer)

Would offer new contracts to Vardy, and Ndidi. Personally I think versatility from Akgun could be useful so wouldn't mind bringing him in if the fee is right.

Coady is a weird one. Wouldn't mind him around as an option but I think we've got too many CBs who aren't Prem starters.

Ones who I think should be sold:

Daka

Soumare 

Thomas

Iversen

Souttar

Kristiansen

No new contract:

Nacho

Praet

Vestergaard 

Albrighton 

Edited by Number 6

To be honest any contract renewals or sign ons should be performance incetivised. So for example, basic 25k a week,  plus win bonus, plus goal bonus, assist bonus, cleansheet bonus etc. Players need to be encouraged to deliver on the pitch. If players sign up for that, that's the kind of player we need. If they are good, we are good. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be honest any contract renewals or sign ons should be performance incetivised. So for example, basic 25k a week,  plus win bonus, plus goal bonus, assist bonus, cleansheet bonus etc. Players need to be encouraged to deliver on the pitch. If players sign up for that, that's the kind of player we need. If they are good, we are good. 

Unfortunately, you are competing with other clubs for signatures. I agree in the past we have overpaid, but you still need to be competitive. The ley is to pay the right players the right salaries.

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Sure players will go for that, what happens when the fall out with the manager then earn 25k a week for a season?

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Unfortunately, you are competing with other clubs for signatures. I agree in the past we have overpaid, but you still need to be competitive. The ley is to pay the right players the right salaries.

I think clubs are going to have to think about this more, so many clubs are paying players who do not perform look at Rashford for example, nearly 400k a week for what? Ever likely you aren't arsed on that much. 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sure players will go for that, what happens when the fall out with the manager then earn 25k a week for a season?

25k is still pretty good if you are doing naff all. My point is players should be paid for performance. Like we have Danny Ward on god knows what doing nothing. 

32 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Definites:

Hermansen

Stolarcyk

Ricardo

Winks

Mavididi 

Fatawu

Justin

Faes

Nelson

Alves

Braybrooke

McAteer

Would offer new contracts to Vardy, and Ndidi. Personally I think versatility from Akgun could be useful so wouldn't mind bringing him in if the fee is right.

Coady is a weird one. Wouldn't mind him around as an option but I think we've got too many CBs who aren't Prem starters.

Ones who I think should be sold:

Daka

Soumare 

Thomas

Iversen

Souttar

Kristiansen

No new contract:

Nacho

Praet

Vestergaard 

Have I missed something or is KDH gone?

• Like 1

Just now, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

To be honest, someone will come in for him, its just whether we can afford to refuse if its good.

Agreed. I feel like he'll leave a big gap if he goes, but at the same time it may be a good time to sell as his stock is high and it would allow flexibility with players we need to bring in and balance the squad.

6 hours ago, dannythefox said:

You can’t have a plan for someone who is slow unless the whole formation changes and he just sits on the edge of the box and there’s no chance of him playing that way. Get him gone 

Of course you can. Clever positioning and cover from a quick cb beside him for example.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

IMG_0337.jpeg

I don't think you can argue with that. I think he does have more talent then this post gives credit for, but he looks a grafter when I've seen him play and he has the determination. That is something you can't coach. 

Edited by fox_favourite