Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

11 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I don’t think that just the issue, JV will be 32, and as we know funds, and salary will be limited. If it’s a case of that 60-70k can be used to sign a younger cb on a lower wage with potential to be sold at a profit at a later date then i’d opt for that option depending on the cost of that player, but if he ends up staying it’s because Enzo has faith in him and his role in the system.

You had me thinking Jamie Vardy had discovered the elixir of youth for a second there

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Victor will go too. Worried we wont be able to find anyone for Souttar. I don't think he is sought after at all. Was a bad buy.

Cannon and Nelson to stay and get a 'proper' pre season in. These 2 will be key next season and Cannon didn't get the correct prep for this season.

Not sure i want to see Soumare lumbering around the pitch. Going to take a huge leap of faith from manager to fans, probably more so that with Jannik.

Souttar probably gets a loan to a playoff chasing Championship club.

A lot depends on what happens with Ndidi and KDH. If they both leave I can at least see Enzo giving Soumare a crack at one of the no.8 roles.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Souttar probably gets a loan to a playoff chasing Championship club.

A lot depends on what happens with Ndidi and KDH. If they both leave I can at least see Enzo giving Soumare a crack at one of the no.8 roles.

Enzo expects his players to press. Soumare will go the way Nacho did.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Would offer contracts to Vardy, Ndidi and Vestergaard.

Signing Fatawu is a must. Doyle and Yunus can go.

Release, Praet, Albrighton and Iheanacho.

Try to sell, Ward, Kristiansen, Thomas, Souttar and Soumare.

Keep rest of squad and sign/loan 2 CBs, 2 CMs, 1 wide forward and a CF.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Enzo expects his players to press. Soumare will go the way Nacho did.

Nacho was a starter for the first third of the season. Not saying it would work, or it's what I would do, but I think Soumare gets a shot at the role (If KDH and/or Ndidi are gone).

I can see Soumare being a backup for either the Winks or Ndidi roles.

If KDH stays I really struggle to see who we can shift out for profit. Maybe we can cash in on Hamza whilst his stock is relatively high? Maybe Patson could command a decent fee?

Just now, LVFox said:

I can see Soumare being a backup for either the Winks or Ndidi roles.

If KDH stays I really struggle to see who we can shift out for profit. Maybe we can cash in on Hamza whilst his stock is relatively high? Maybe Patson could command a decent fee?

Patson back to Austria / German club I reckon.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Cannon and Nelson will be needed next season and won't be let out. 

I imagine that means we won't be signing a striker in the summer then? As JV new deal and can't see much interest in Daka. 

Nelson, fair enough, could see him coming good before long anyway. Means Vestergaard possibly released as I imagine we're looking at new centre-back with a bit more pace? (I hope) 

30 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Victor will go too. Worried we wont be able to find anyone for Souttar. I don't think he is sought after at all. Was a bad buy.

Cannon and Nelson to stay and get a 'proper' pre season in. These 2 will be key next season and Cannon didn't get the correct prep for this season.

Not sure i want to see Soumare lumbering around the pitch. Going to take a huge leap of faith from manager to fans, probably more so than with Jannik.

Hope he doesn't, had a good season at Bologna - Champions League money might mean they can afford him, though. Yeah, Souttar was a bad buy. 

Soumare I just think because we need numbers in midfield - but if someone comes in who can cover his wages on another loan or sign him then I suspect he will be gone.

Edited by pmcla26

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Nacho was a starter for the first third of the season. Not saying it would work, or it's what I would do, but I think Soumare gets a shot at the role (If KDH and/or Ndidi are gone).

Its the reason Nacho dropped down the pecking order though.

I expect we will see Bouba pre season for enzo to decide if he thinks he can manage him.  He wasn’t a bad presser but he was naive. He often went high when he shouldn’t and vice versa.  In the PL where opposition are clever, they will lay traps for him and exploit that trait. could enzo help to solve that ? Rodgers either couldn’t or couldn’t be bothered to try.  Maybe he’s been coached well at Seville to rectify that?

3 hours ago, Winstonthedog said:

No idea ... but his experience,attitude and passion needs to be kept within the club somehow

"Experience, attitude and passion" don't command respect - results do. Vardy is respected because of what he continues to deliver on the pitch. Once you remove that, you have something that becomes an instantly waning asset as young bucks seek to assert themselves - it requires a whole new set of skills over attitude and pashun.

I expect we'll extend Ndidi and Vestergaard's contracts. Any replacements will almost certainly require a fee + similar wage (albeit lower wages). It also means we have to recruit two fewer players.

Wouldn't be surprised if we loan Doyle again as he's a perfectly able depth option.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Patson back to Austria / German club I reckon.

Would take about £15m to get him. Maybe a Bundesliga side but I think it's more likely to come from the PL, Bournemouth were sniffing earlier on weren't they 

Can see our first XI looking something like this for the first game of the season.

Mads

Ricardo Faes New CB Justin

Sensi Winks New CM

Fatawu   Vardy   Mavididi

Subs: Jakub, Coady, Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke, Cannon, Hamza, New Winger, New CM

KDH to be sold, sadly. Vesty and Ndidi let go, Vardy signs a new contract. I'm not wild about Faes but can't see any takers for him and Enzo seems to like him. I think Nelson will be a regular starter by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

If we do keep Vesty I'm definitely getting a nice collection of "told you so" memes ready. 

image.jpeg.76718b61142e2eec5ebcf6c4b1fac399.jpeg

And you’ll flash them as soon as he makes a mistake, won’t you?

Mads 

Stor 

Ward - let's face it, nobody wants him. 

Faes 

Coady

Nelson

Vesterguard

Justin

LCB - Lloyd Kelly (would be perfect as a left footed free option). Tosin is another free option, but like Kelly, I think he might be out of our reach now.

Ricardo

Hamza

Winks

Brownhill

KDH (would love him to stay, but think he's being forced out) 

Barkely

Quality number 8??

Fatawu - 14 million 

Mavididi 

Another quality winger to add depth in that position

McAtee

McAteer

Alves 

Vardy

Daka

Cannon

That's the bare minimum squad from me, would like it strengthened further, but I don't know how tight our finances are. We need to desperately sort out the set piece issue, as this has been an ongoing issue for seasons.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

And you’ll flash them as soon as he makes a mistake, won’t you?

Nah, I feel like if I did that the site would collapse :ph34r:

I'll just wait till the realisation kicks in for most.

Anyway I don't think it'll be an issue as I reckon both parties must know that it's best to part ways at this point.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scinnell said:

Mads 

Stor 

Ward - let's face it, nobody wants him. 

Faes 

Coady

Nelson

Vesterguard

Justin

LCB - Lloyd Kelly (would be perfect as a left footed free option). Tosin is another free option, but like Kelly, I think he might be out of our reach now.

Ricardo

Hamza

Winks

Brownhill

KDH (would love him to stay, but think he's being forced out) 

Barkely

Quality number 8??

Fatawu - 14 million 

Mavididi 

Another quality winger to add depth in that position

McAtee

McAteer

Alves 

Vardy

Daka

Cannon

That's the bare minimum squad from me, would like it strengthened further, but I don't know how tight our finances are. We need to desperately sort out the set piece issue, as this has been an ongoing issue for seasons.

Tosin is going Newcastle apparently. Lloyd Kelly is shite so not sure why he’d be out of our reach?

Edited by South Shire Fox

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Tosin is going Newcastle apparently. Lloyd Kelly is shite so not sure why he’d be out of our reach?

Articles linking Kelly to Newcastle, so I just assumed he would be out of our reach

21 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He will struggle in the premier league. He’s been outstanding this season but he’s been outstanding playing a system that is absolutely perfect for his game where he’s not exposed. We saw Chelsea away what happens when he is exposed. Football is a ruthless business unfortunately. We aren’t going to have the ball anywhere near as much next season and that leave him exposed and teams will know his lack of pace. 

However for fairness and consistency he also was absolutely magnificent against Bournemouth, whilst he is slow, I actually think this season he has looked more aggressive and quicker in his transitions. 

He is literally our play maker and I really can’t see us releasing him, he has been integral to how we play and therefore think he will get at least 12 month if not 2 year deal enabling us to recruit and bed in his long term replacement. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

However for fairness and consistency he also was absolutely magnificent against Bournemouth, whilst he is slow, I actually think this season he has looked more aggressive and quicker in his transitions. 

He is literally our play maker and I really can’t see us releasing him, he has been integral to how we play and therefore think he will get at least 12 month if not 2 year deal enabling us to recruit and bed in his long term replacement. 

I agree with this 100%. We need to find ways of playing which doesn't expose Vesterguard's weaknesses as much and we need the two centre backs either side to have pace. Obviously, we'll be caught out a few times, but we need to now work with what we've got rather than recruit the finished article. Some of our best football played this season start with Vesterguard at the back

• Like 2