Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or we got relegated and Jannik wasn’t playing, in a poor system with an uninterested manager. I don’t know if he can cut it, but I would have more faith (or hope perhaps) in his smarts (he is nothing like Maguire in that sense) than any other CBs we have. The fact Maguire still gets in a (admittedly, awful) Man Utd side does tend to suggest pace is not everything.

Do good managers make players quicker or smarter? Pretty sure it’s more the latter.

Not tied to Jannik, he can go. Just not sure in which direction people expect us to go if Jannik leaves, Enzo would get a direct replacement, surely?

Agree 100%.

These days everyone talk about attackers being the first line of defense - the opposite is true for us as well. And JV is an integral part of that. He’s been the best defender in the league in a team that might break the point record. And he’s played at the highest level for years with some success before joining us.

The problem is some fans will be on him from the first game blaming him for everything from every goal conceded to bad weather and soggy fries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I reckon Vesty is without doubt the most improved player this season, rejuvenated in fact. I for one would be happy to see him stay.

I just don’t understand sarcasm anymore.  :unsure:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Vestergaard has been a premier league and international defender for years.  He’s plenty good enough for a team where finishing 17th would be considered a success given the obvious constraints. 

Anyone wanting to see him go is a bit silly. 

Oooh I hope you ain’t gonna eat these words next season 

👍

20 hours ago, iancognito said:

Hermansen, Coady, Winks, Ricardo, Vardy, Stephy, Fatawu. The spine plus the match winners.

Look at the likes of Hamer, Mikey Johnstone, Szmodics and youth.

Accept offers for the rest, cap our wages at 90k a player and get back to what we do best - buy cheap, sell big, rebuild with the profits. No deadwood.

We are not giving out 90k contracts that's a cert. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We should try to renew Nacho for 2 years. We can’t buy someone better with FFP and if we renew for 2 years hopefully we can still sell him for value next year.

Renew Vardy and Albrighton at lower wages to keep some of the old guard spirit for another year. Plus they can still do a job.

Release Ward, Vesty, Doyle and Yugun.

Retain Fatawu.

If we are not going to play Soumare, Thomas, Kristensen and Souttar please sell them. Otherwise reincorporate them into the team properly.

Personally I'd keep YUGUN.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Winstonthedog said:

With the exception of Vardy ... who should be offered player coach position and KDH who signs a new contract or sell him... anyone who was in the last prem squad that got relegated and didn't have the guts for a fight can be released ... need a fresh back for with some pace and mobility .. and a new striker who knows how to finish to take some pressure off Vards 

Vardy wants to be  a coach? 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose with Jannik it depends if people feel his pace is an unresolvable problem for the team. I don’t think it is irredeemable, but it will add a problem to be solved or accommodated.

I don’t think that just the issue, JV will be 32, and as we know funds, and salary will be limited. If it’s a case of that 60-70k can be used to sign a younger cb on a lower wage with potential to be sold at a profit at a later date then i’d opt for that option depending on the cost of that player, but if he ends up staying it’s because Enzo has faith in him and his role in the system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I don’t think that just the issue, JV will be 32, and as we know funds, and salary will be limited. If it’s a case of that 60-70k can be used to sign a younger cb on a lower wage with potential to be sold at a profit at a later date then i’d opt for that option depending on the cost of that player, but if he ends up staying it’s because Enzo has faith in him and his role in the system.

A Young CB on a low wage  aree able to sell for a profit who costs next to nothing?

Do you not think every club in the land would not want the same?

Hummm. Not many of those about. This is not football manger. 

On 30/04/2024 at 06:48, Gazza M said:

To highest bidders:

Iversen

Ward

Thomas

VK

Soumare 

Soutar 

Release:

Nacho

Praet

Doyle - return

Albrighton 

Akgun - return

Keep:

Vardy

Vestergaard 

Fatawu

Ndidi

Completely agree with this.

I'd just have Vestergaard and Ndidi as more squad players, or to be rotated more often depending if we can bring in some sensible and inexpensive players who'd be an upgrade as starters. 

• Like 1

Without a doubt those players on loan, Luke Thomas, Kristiansen, Iversen and Soumare will have to go. They aren’t good enough and will not improve us. Add to that Souttar, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Ward and Praet.

It will then be collectively, how much can we get for them and how quickly can we get it done?

Then we look at our main squad, Doyle will return to Man City and I don’t think we’ll get him in, I can’t see Yunus coming back and Fatawu will sign.

The rest we look at with them as the basis for the squad are they good enough to get more points than the other two promoted team, plus one the teams who manage to survive this season.

Players out of contract like Wilf, Vestergaard etc. we’d have to consider can we get better for cheaper?

Taking into account transfer fees, wages and signing on fees not sure we could.

There’s a lot to work through, but our best 11 can definitely compete at the Premier League level.

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'd just have Vestergaard and Ndidi as more squad players, or to be rotated more often depending if we can bring in some sensible and inexpensive players who'd be an upgrade as starters. 

I think Ndidi will be key for us in the premier league if we can keep him as I expect him to play a little bit deeper in a slightly more rigid setup and support Winks in the defensive role.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

A Young CB on a low wage  aree able to sell for a profit who costs next to nothing?

Do you not think every club in the land would not want the same?

Hummm. Not many of those about. This is not football manger. 

I didn’t say next to nothing? 
There will be some funds or it could be a loan to buy option for the following season like Fatawu.but the player would need  game time.

31 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don’t think we are going to be able to afford to have them resign new deals as squad players. Ndidi will have offers and will we be able to match those terms?

If we need to reduce our losses by a 3rd our wage bill needs to come down to less that 70m 

Posted (edited)

Souttar, Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Iversen, Thomas all to go. 

Cannon, Wanya and Nelson out on loan. 

Keep the rest (including Soumare and Kristiansen). 

Edited by pmcla26

53 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Cannon and Nelson will be needed next season and won't be let out. 

14 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I reckon Vesty is without doubt the most improved player this season, rejuvenated in fact. I for one would be happy to see him stay.

He may make a half decent player one day if he keeps improving . 

I'd be looking to loan Alves and Braybrooke out to championship sides. We need them to be playing football regularly at a high level. Ben Nelson has shown in the few games that he's played that he should be able to hack it at this level and I'd send him out on loan to the championship too. 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Without a doubt those players on loan, Luke Thomas, Kristiansen, Iversen and Soumare will have to go

Really? Without a doubt? That’s bold, considering some of them are doing very well. Thiago Motta recently praised Kristiansen and said that he reminded him of himself at Barca, for instance.

But if you feel that confident and follow every one of our players on loan that closely, who am I to question your wisdom 🤷

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Victor will go too. Worried we wont be able to find anyone for Souttar. I don't think he is sought after at all. Was a bad buy.

Cannon and Nelson to stay and get a 'proper' pre season in. These 2 will be key next season and Cannon didn't get the correct prep for this season.

Not sure i want to see Soumare lumbering around the pitch. Going to take a huge leap of faith from manager to fans, probably more so than with Jannik.

Edited by Chelmofox