Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

Guest leatherhead32

think its more who moves on and daka nacho  guess set to leave ward iverson not needed the loan outs should not return in a hurry , luke needs game time imo, if vardy n albrighton are set to move on its with best wishes but think jamie would stay to be player coach and a gudun same with mark tbf . the rest are fine tho preat needs to play more so a move be good for him , any1 rings up rgd kdh just hang up.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Nah, I feel like if I did that the site would collapse :ph34r:

I'll just wait till the realisation kicks in for most.

Anyway I don't think it'll be an issue as I reckon both parties must know that it's best to part ways at this point.

I appreciate what he has produced for us this season but I feel the time is right for an amicable divorce. We are are going to need some very clever recruitment in the Summer as we are losing  quite a few players. Hopefully Enzo's buddies at Man C can help us out .

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

However for fairness and consistency he also was absolutely magnificent against Bournemouth, whilst he is slow, I actually think this season he has looked more aggressive and quicker in his transitions. 

He is literally our play maker and I really can’t see us releasing him, he has been integral to how we play and therefore think he will get at least 12 month if not 2 year deal enabling us to recruit and bed in his long term replacement. 

Depends on the pay cut too. From his point of view, he’s worked hard all season to get promoted and then gets a pay cut. Saying that, would another prem club come in for him at his age? 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, scinnell said:

Mads 

Stor 

Ward - let's face it, nobody wants him. 

I'm thinking Wrexham potentially could be interesting for both parties? Back to back promotions in league one now, Ward's childhood club etc.

Edited by Mike1983
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

I'm thinking Wrexham potentially could be interesting for both parties? Back to back promotions in league one now, Ward's childhood club etc.

I'd genuinely be really happy for him if he got that move. Just not sure Wrexham have the budget to afford that purchase.

Edited by CloudFox

My first thought is we have to keep KDH.He's probably the only player who could fit in to most Prem teams. We need another player of his type as a back up, because I dont think Akgun has the quality. We can't rely on Vardy forever and Daka is not up to this standard, Nacho seems to have dissapeared over a cliff. Haven't seen enough of Cannon, so we really need to strengthen up front.

Buying Fatawu is a must and I think Mavididi will do well. A fit Justin and Pereira are still Prem players. Not sure if Vesty has the legs for it and Faes can be a liability.

All in all we need 4 players min, but whether we can afford it or are allowed to is another thing.

On 30/04/2024 at 19:31, Col city fan said:

Vestie is Too slow for the Prem. Would be found out time and time again

We know he is slow. He's always been slow. If we continue to press high next season it will pose a bigger problem than this year - but despite this obvious weakness in defense, we currently have the meanest defense in the league. 

My point is just that if Vestergaard was ahead of Coady because the latter wasn't notably quicker, then we are either looking at a weaker defense (should Vestergaard leave) or Coady being the next 'Vestergaard' who cannot get a look in and will cost half a fortune in fees and salary. If given a choice, would you rather keep Coady over Vestergaard or would you get rid of them both?

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I'd genuinely be really happy for him if he got that move. Just not sure Wrexham have the budget to afford that purchase.

Honestly should be one where even if we still have to cover a good portion of his wages still let him go

Better than him sat on his arse here doing nothing and us paying the full amount

• Like 3

On 30/04/2024 at 06:48, Gazza M said:

To highest bidders:

Iversen

Ward

Thomas

VK

Soumare 

Soutar 

Release:

Nacho

Praet

Doyle - return

Albrighton 

Akgun - return

Keep:

Vardy

Vestergaard 

Fatawu

Ndidi

Think this is it in a nutshell.

It is ONLY about finishing 17th or higher, 8-9 wins & the same number of draws keeps you up.

This is the team OFF the pitch's biggest close season for 10 years, they have to outperform. 

Understand the financial picture asap (should be working 24hr days NOW), identify who is going and what they want EVERYONE must be an upgrade or squad player if not.

And get it down quickly like the Maddison close season, NOT Adrien Silva & Sensi!!!

Down to you Rudkin & your team!!!!:sweating:

10 hours ago, shen said:

We know he is slow. He's always been slow.

Exactly! This “he’ll be found out” is laughable - as if the other clubs suddenly wake up and realize he’s not Van de Veen. All players have strengths and weaknesses, the question is whether they fit your style of play. 

I just can’t see anyone buying Ward so he’s by default our 3rd choice keeper.

Iverson, Soumane and Kristiansen I’m hoping have all done well enough in their loans to tempt someone. 

Daka I’d sell for a reasonable fee but he does have some use if we want to play a pressing game.  

Nacho will score lots of goals in a team built around him but that isn’t us. 

Souttar as 4th or 5th choice CB is a bit of luxury so if we can move him on then great.

Wilf keep if we can given how light we are in midfield.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I think Soutter could do a great job in the prem. Soutter, Faes, Nelson, Coady and a new quick CB. That would suffice.

So you'd keep Coady and Souttar over Vestergaard simply because of the contract, when neither have gotten more than courtesy games the entire season in a division lower? 

You could make a case that Coady could *maybe* replace Vestergaard next year, but Maresca clearly thinks he is not at the same level. 

So either Maresca adapts or he needs a new centerback which we can ill afford.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

So you'd keep Coady and Souttar over Vestergaard simply because of the contract, when neither have gotten more than courtesy games the entire season in a division lower? 

You could make a case that Coady could *maybe* replace Vestergaard next year, but Maresca clearly thinks he is not at the same level. 

So either Maresca adapts or he needs a new centerback which we can ill afford.

It is all about opinions. Maresca recruited Coady. Vestergaard retained his place because Coady was injured. Soutter was disregarded by Maresca just like Vestergaard was by rodgers. On the few occasions I've seen Soutter play for us or australia I've been impressed. Vestergaard could well leave on a free this summer. And don't get me talking about Soyunchu.

Honestly, a fit Ricardo (which is a big ask) is the only defender I think is definitely good enough for the Prem. I think we need a completely new back line but guessing we ain’t going to be able to afford that.

Probably a lot of it isn’t down to who we keep, it’ll be who we’ve got with the money available. That’ll probably include a lot of loan signings (presuming we’re allowed to).

2 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

It is all about opinions. Maresca recruited Coady. Vestergaard retained his place because Coady was injured. Soutter was disregarded by Maresca just like Vestergaard was by rodgers. On the few occasions I've seen Soutter play for us or australia I've been impressed. Vestergaard could well leave on a free this summer. And don't get me talking about Soyunchu.

Maresca was in place and likely involved when we recruited Coady, but I highly doubt he was handpicked by Maresca and instead was someone our recruitment team identified with the requested abilities (leadership and experience). Coady came back early enough in the season to win back the place, but despite his hefty cost he wasn't able to - which again leads me to think he did NOT quite fit the profile Maresca wanted as he bemoaned the lack of pace in our backline. 

Souttar is the same as in he's the worst option of the three, so he'll never get a look in. 

Selling both Coady and/or Souttar will be nigh impossible and even if we did, they would represent huge losses in PSR terms... 

And I see no point in talking about Soyuncu :huh:

22 hours ago, CloudFox said:

They just need to pay his wage. We should give him away without a fee, or like 500k?

Keep

Hermansen

Stolarczyk

Vestergaard

Coady

Faes

Nelson

Justin

Pereira

Choudhury 

Winks

Dewsbury-Hall

Mavididi

Fatawu

McAteer

Cannon

Vardy

Unsure

Doyle

Akgun

Sell

Ward

Iversen

Thomas

Souttar

Kristiansen

Soumare

Daka

Walk

Ndidi

Praet

Albrighton

Iheanacho

=========================

• Can we replace any of our CB with someone better, on equal wages or less, and who doesn't come with a huge transfer fee? I'm not confident we can. 

• Sign Fatawu. Do it. Now. Re-sign Vardy for something reasonable. 

• I like Akgun, but is the value there if we buy him? What's his fee? I wouldn't mind Doyle on loan again, but do we have other/better transfer options? 

• How much could we realistically get in fees if we sold all those "sell" guys? Maybe 40-50m? That would help. Obviously a few would only bring back peanuts compared to the others, but just get their wages off the books.

• We'll have to be creative with incoming players on loans and frees. And I'm kind of excited for it. Just need to hit on a couple to see a benefit. 

• We're probably going to breach PSR again, right (2022/23 and 2023/24)? So, the way I see it, there's no point in selling Dewsbury-Hall. Take the second deduction, try to stay up, then sell him next year. (Maybe his value is higher now, but his value to the club in helping us stay in the Prem is surely worth more than however much his transfer fee could decline.) They're changing the PSR penalties in a year anyways. 

I’ve heard that Brentford are interested in and have made an offer to JJ

All subject to an agreed transfer fee and him accepting their offer of course and now that we have been promoted he may be less likely to go unless they are offering a higher salary 

Source is the grapevine so I’m not ITK by any means 

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’ve heard that Brentford are interested in and have made an offer to JJ

All subject to an agreed transfer fee and him accepting their offer of course and now that we have been promoted he may be less likely to go unless they are offering a higher salary 

Source is the grapevine so I’m not ITK by any means 

I am not sure you would go to Brentford at the moment as they look to be on a downward trajectory at the moment unless they are offering more money.

However, it could be a good move for us, he has around 1.8m of our transfer amortization, so if we could get 10-15m, we would see a good chunk of profit.  

I'm not sure he really fits the Enzo system and is probably on decent wages, so I think it would be a good move on our part. 

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I am not sure you would go to Brentford at the moment as they look to be on a downward trajectory at the moment unless they are offering more money.

However, it could be a good move for us, he has around 1.8m of our transfer amortization, so if we could get 10-15m, we would see a good chunk of profit.  

I'm not sure he really fits the Enzo system and is probably on decent wages, so I think it would be a good move on our part. 

Agree - not sure anyone would be thrilled to go to Brentford at the moment. But i do agree that JJ has been picked not because he is Enzo's first choice, but largely because of Doyles lack of pace. 

He's been here over 4 years now (i think) and he's 26 now. Reality is it's probably the best time to move on for everyone, especially when you are not setting the world alite.

I think if JJ is potentially available then there will be other interested parties in and around mid to lower end prem teams, which potentially does then strengthen a potential rival but I agree we have every chance of getting circa £15m for him which would be pretty much all profit for a player who is possibly deemed as expendable 

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Brentford has probably had the worst injury list in the PL - their entire back line was out for a long period as was some of their best midfielders. Add to that Toney’s ban and you can’t help but be impressed with their results this season. Also, since they got a couple of their starters back in the spring they’ve been on an upwards trajectory, so I don’t think you’re right about that.

1 hour ago, Foxy DK said:

Brentford has probably had the worst injury list in the PL - their entire back line was out for a long period as was some of their best midfielders. Add to that Toney’s ban and you can’t help but be impressed with their results this season. Also, since they got a couple of their starters back in the spring they’ve been on an upwards trajectory, so I don’t think you’re right about that.

They are a point behind a poor Everton side who have had 8 points deducted.

They finished 9th last season and will likely finish 16th this season.

Where do you think they will finish next season?