Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They are a point behind a poor Everton side who have had 8 points deducted.

They finished 9th last season and will likely finish 16th this season.

Where do you think they will finish next season?

Better than 16th most likely. They’ve been extremely unlucky with injuries this season and they’ve missed their best player for half of it. Don’t you think you need to consider circumstances at all?

32 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

Better than 16th most likely. They’ve been extremely unlucky with injuries this season and they’ve missed their best player for half of it. Don’t you think you need to consider circumstances at all?

Footballs all about opinions, just feel 9th last season was their peak, they are beginning to have their better players picked off by the bigger clubs.

Thomas Frank has been in the job a while, things go stale at some point.

Time will tell.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Footballs all about opinions, just feel 9th last season was their peak, they are beginning to have their better players picked off by the bigger clubs.

Thomas Frank has been in the job a while, things go stale at some point.

Time will tell.

I agree that they’ll probably not beat 9th, I just don’t think their results this season are bad considering their injuries. The fact they managed to stay in the Prem with one of the lowest budgets and so many key players out tells me that they are a very stable, solid club and well coached team. So maybe their not on an upward trajectory, but it’s certainly not downward either IMO.

Mavididi will struggle to have any impact next season, definitely needs competition for his place as he’s been guaranteed to play despite poor form for months now.

We can’t play Ndidi as an attacking midfielder either

• Like 4

I hope Enzo is quite ruthless over the Summer. 

We probably need x2 starting CBs and a LB with Ricardo the only one who should be starting in a back 4 in the Premier League. Justin to cover RB/LB.

Happy with Winks, Ndidi and KDH for now, but we need a very capable player to push Ndidi for that number 8 role and a bully of a DCM.

Daka and Iheanacho should be off, and Vardy and Cannon should be competing against a new No.9 bought in to start. 

Happy with the two GKs with Ward hopefully being locked out Seagrave once and for all. 

I would like a couple of wingers to come in to push Mavididi and Fatawu for starts. 

Likely need a player with Wink's skillset as although I would keep Hamza for the squad, he is not at the level to start most games in the Prem. 

Hopefully, we will see a lot of players being pushed out, some ruthlessly with the likes of Faes and/or Veste plus Daka sold etc.

If we stay largely as we are, with only a few additions, I think we will go straight back down. We need to treat this as a mini clear-out and reset.

Posted (edited)

You people who think players take pay cuts and new players coming in will play for peanuts in the PREMIER League shou;d go and get some medical help.

Next year is going to be a very tough year without the nonesense of demoralising anyone playing for us by talking about big pay cuts.

What the team is missing is a stevie Walsh type who can drive the defense or Midfield as club captain.

Edited by steveb

17 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mavididi will struggle to have any impact next season, definitely needs competition for his place as he’s been guaranteed to play despite poor form for months now.

Said this all season. He’s nowhere near the level. And has no speed of thought to create space. Not much different to Gray

• Like 2

For me for sure:

Hermansen

Jakub

Riccy

Justin

Coady

Winks

Hamza (bit part)

Kdh

Mavididi (as a sub, not going to step up imo)

Fatawu (have to sign this guy)

Cannon

Vardy (1 more year I hope)

Maybe:

Wilf (think he will walk)

Faes (purely because may not have a choice)

Everyone else, bin, sell, return to club or loan out

Not seen enough of Alves and Braybrook, especially due to injuries, so surely they'll need a season in the championship

Going to be a HUGE rebuild, loans freebies etc 

52 minutes ago, Mark said:

Spot on re Mavididi

I expect a great, unplayable performance, followed by 3/4 games where he goes missing.

Needs proper competition 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I expect a great, unplayable performance, followed by 3/4 games where he goes missing.

He's never been unplayable in this league, apart from maybe a couple of away games in his first few months 🤔

Fatawu on the other hand has everything you want in a winger and can go as far as he wants.

Not sure that's true about Mavididi. He just has to check back in and think as he doesn't know whether Daka or our lone striker will be in the box. He's got all the pace and tricks he needs to be succesful. 

For me i think Mads, Stola, Ricardo, Nelson,  Justin, Winks, McAteer, Alves, KDH, Mavi, Fats, Vardy have all got something to offer. Everything else is up for grabs in a big way. Think we need the Enzo way but with some proper tough nuts down the spine. Can't be a soft touch like last time. 

On 03/05/2024 at 19:54, Foxy DK said:

It will be interesting to see how their new Brazilian gets on

• Like 1

Abdul, not bothered about any of the others if we get decent money. We lost 11 games this season with that squad. It will be a gamble with a lot of new players, but I don’t trust this squad to put up much of fight.

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Abdul, not bothered about any of the others if we get decent money. We lost 11 games this season with that squad. It will be a gamble with a lot of new players, but I don’t trust this squad to put up much of fight.

They won 31 games....... but what the hell! We won the league, got promoted had the best goal difference, but let's horse-whip them!

• Haha 1

With the exception of Mads, Nelson, possibly Winks and Riccy P, I would take money above the PSR break-even threshold for any of them. We need to unfortunately do absolutely everything we can to meet the target loss this season as if we are relegated next year starting the following one with the EFL declaring open season on us would be horrific. The idiots we’ve got running the admin side of the club had better not be downing tools over the next couple of months. It’s time for them to get deals negotiated and in place ready for when players come back from a few weeks off end of this month / early next. 

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I hope Enzo is quite ruthless over the Summer. 

We probably need x2 starting CBs and a LB with Ricardo the only one who should be starting in a back 4 in the Premier League. Justin to cover RB/LB.

Happy with Winks, Ndidi and KDH for now, but we need a very capable player to push Ndidi for that number 8 role and a bully of a DCM.

Daka and Iheanacho should be off, and Vardy and Cannon should be competing against a new No.9 bought in to start. 

Happy with the two GKs with Ward hopefully being locked out Seagrave once and for all. 

I would like a couple of wingers to come in to push Mavididi and Fatawu for starts. 

Likely need a player with Wink's skillset as although I would keep Hamza for the squad, he is not at the level to start most games in the Prem. 

Hopefully, we will see a lot of players being pushed out, some ruthlessly with the likes of Faes and/or Veste plus Daka sold etc.

If we stay largely as we are, with only a few additions, I think we will go straight back down. We need to treat this as a mini clear-out and reset.

Oh yeah please, I wish Leicester sells Wout preferably to an Italian team…but that’s only my wish…I guess he will stay, everything to do with our national ( Belgium) team…

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Definitely Vesty which is mad but he has to stay

Vestergaard shown today exactly why he should be moved on. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Trent Steel said:

Don't keep Faes he will get torn apart... again

Sell him to an EU country….back to France, where he performed so good ( mentality you see) when France was at that time world champion, I would love Italy also…when was the last time that England was world champion??? With such a huge population…should be often…

1 minute ago, hfaes said:

Sell him to an EU country….back to France, where he performed so good ( mentality you see) when France was at that time world champion, I would love Italy also…when was the last time that England was world champion??? With such a huge population…should be often…

Calm down wout ffs

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, adam said:

30 minutes ago, adam said:

Calm down wout ffs

I am Hilde Faes, what does that mean “ffs”?.   

Edited by hfaes
  • Haha 1