Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Who do you keep for the Prem

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

They won 31 games....... but what the hell! We won the league, got promoted had the best goal difference, but let's horse-whip them!

Well the question was who would you keep

Posted (edited)

I'll tell you who I definitely wouldn't start in the Premier League 

Vestergaard 

Faes

Daka

Iheanacho 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, hfaes said:

Sell him to an EU country….back to France, where he performed so good ( mentality you see) when France was at that time world champion, I would love Italy also…when was the last time that England was world champion??? With such a huge population…should be often…

What an earth does the mentality of a national team have to do with club football? Why did Manchester City win the Champions League last year then? Why do Belgium do well in international football but don't have any teams in the latter stages of the Champions League? Why haven't PSG won the Champions League.

The answer is because of the quality of the players. The reality is that aside from the very top teams in France, the difference in quality of Ligue 1 and the Championship isn't that much at all largely because of the money involved. Faes has struggled at times in this league and the step up to the Premier League was clearly too much for him last year so there are major doubts over him next year.

I know that English isn't your first language but I genuinely have no idea what point you're trying to make? Are you related to Wout to be so defensive of him?

19 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't think we should be keeping Vestergaard, Faes and Coady for the PL. We need to replace at least one of them with a CB with some actual pace.

I think you need to take a look at the finances! We’ll be making the most of what’s already there, even big Jannik I suspect will be offered a new deal. He’s been integral this season tbf.

Vestergaard has been good this season but nowhere near as good as some would make out. Got such an easy role in this team and you saw how embarrassing it was when he went up against anyone with pace (Jackson in the FA cup). Still, with money tight, and a bit of continuity, I'd keep him. Rather Faes go tbh.

Reckon Coady will work his way back in next year with a proper pre season

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What an earth does the mentality of a national team have to do with club football? Why did Manchester City win the Champions League last year then? Why do Belgium do well in international football but don't have any teams in the latter stages of the Champions League? Why haven't PSG won the Champions League.

The answer is because of the quality of the players. The reality is that aside from the very top teams in France, the difference in quality of Ligue 1 and the Championship isn't that much at all largely because of the money involved. Faes has struggled at times in this league and the step up to the Premier League was clearly too much for him last year so there are major doubts over him next year.

I know that English isn't your first language but I genuinely have no idea what point you're trying to make? Are you related to Wout to be so defensive of him?

That I am related or not doesn’t matter ….i follow him from when he was young, i have seen him in Belgian clubs, Dutch clubs, French club…..the moment he started playing for Leicester, his play changed…tell me why is Thielemans so good now after he left Leicester…..( remember the last match Belgium -England)….you supporters also killed him, wel he is gone….look now..be honest with yourself people….and really I hope Wout moves…but that will probably not happen… and your question why Belgium ( small population) does well in international football…. Simple answer…. Those players are all Belgian… club level no 🥹

Edited by hfaes
Had to add
  • Haha 1

I’ll tell you what will happen 100% Vesty will cost the gaffer his job because there’s no chance he’ll drop him because he’s too stubborn and he’ll get battered every week just like the first goal today. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hfaes said:

That I am related or not doesn’t matter

You’re right, no bias here at all 😂

I, for one, am grateful to all our players - even the Belgian ones 😉

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I'd like Enzo to be ruthless in this regard with two new starting CBs coming in. I'd actually keep Coady in the squad, but look to move on Faes and/or Veste. 

They did a job this season for us, and especially adapted well to the passing game, but both will struggle in the Premier League to defend to the level needed. 

Both are far too slow is more the problem 

9 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I’ll tell you what will happen 100% Vesty will cost the gaffer his job because there’s no chance he’ll drop him because he’s too stubborn and he’ll get battered every week just like the first goal today. 

Feels like this discussion gets nowhere. We all know that Vesty is slow. The question is whether his strengths outweighs his weaknesses - even if some in here seem to exaggerate the former and disregard the latter.

I’m confident that if he stays Enzo has a plan for him. And, as said before, it’s not like he hasn’t ever played top level football 🤷

9 hours ago, dannythefox said:

The same Vesty that looked amazing against Bournemouth?

Also, has he signed a new deal or something?

The strike force needs two top quality players and the defence  is going to leak like the Titanic, need some top class recruitment.

Faes and Vesty in the EPL will be like lambs to the slaughter.

• Like 1

Hermansen

Stolarczyk

JJ

Ricardo

Faes

Coady

Kristiansen

Winks

Ndidi

KDH

Fatawu

Mavididi

Vardy

These are the only players I would be confident are good enough for a PL squad, obviously some to a higher degree than others. Others such as Cannon, Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson might be but some time out on loan is probably most beneficial if we can afford it to them. If not, they’ll have a big part to play.

KDH is potentially going to be sold, Kristiansen might stay at Bologna and Wilf might not stay. It’s clear to see we’re going to need to sign a good few players, especially in midfield. We probably need as an absolute bare minimum:

2 x CB

1x LB/LCB

3 x CM

1 x L/RW

1 x ST

And that’s assuming we keep squad players like Choudhury and McAteer around. Going to be a massive summer. I’ve only listed 8, but we may end up needing 10-12 players dependent on the potential departures listed above. 

• Like 1

The problem with letting Vestergaard go is no one passes the ball better from defence. The only person who may be able to make that role their own could be Doyle. He's a little faster (not much) than Vesty and has a good range of passing. He certainly ain't a left back or a wide centre half. Be interesting to see if we go back in for another loan as a purchase seems unlikely in our current situation.. 

• Like 1

Faes I would say can cope at that level but not Vesty  just on pace sadly.A proven front man and Im afraid that is all we are likel;y to get assuming we move a few on and have a kitty to work with 

On 29/04/2024 at 23:29, HankMarvin said:

Tough decisions lie ahead, when you potentially have to offload high earners and KDH to try and balance the books the squad is going to look pretty decimated  by next year.

Braybookes and Alves Squad members, is Victor worth at punt at left back.

Justin and Ricardo? Luxury players past their best for a club that needs to trim the fat?

image.thumb.png.caac202be092880d8a9f2daada528b71.png

Or why don’t we just get rid of everyone and be totally pessimistic. KDH will still be here and there isant a right back we could afford better then Ricardo

Okay, 25 man squad.

1. Hermansen

2. Faes

3. Justin

4. Ricardo

5. Jorrell Hato - £35ish … he could be world class

6. Ndidi

7. Winks

8. Dewsbury-Hall

9. Vardy

10. Fatawu - sign

11. Mavididi

12. Stolarkzyk

13. Choudhury

14. Doyle - Loan again

15. Coady

16. Vestergaard - renew but as a backup

17. Eren Dinkçi - loan if possible! 

18. Brownhill - Free transfer

19. McAteer 

20. Sensi- Free transfer

21. Rocco Reitz - Loan if possible! 

22. Gabriel Barbosa - Free transfer

23. Cannon

24. Daka

25. Ward - 3rd choice! 

Nelson, Alves, Brakbooke and Marçal out on loan please.

Selling:

Souttar, Kristensen, Iversen, Soumare - £35m -ish

Released:

Albrighton, Praet, Akgun, Iheanacho

Hato fits into the same model as Fofana to be honest. If we could get him, he’d be a major add loads of up sale potential.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Pace isn’t everything for a cb, wish people could understand this. 

Exactly.

8 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Faes and Vesty in the EPL will be like lambs to the slaughter.

It seems like people don’t read the thread and just post their gut feelings thereby repeating the last 100 posts. So tiring.

Vestergaard has played in the Prem for several seasons and in the Bundesliga before that ffs. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll fit in our team next season, but it’s not like he’s a glorified league 1 player. Step up people!

1 minute ago, Foxy DK said:

Exactly.

It seems like people don’t read the thread and just post their gut feelings thereby repeating the last 100 posts. So tiring.

Vestergaard has played in the Prem for several seasons and in the Bundesliga before that ffs. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll fit in our team next season, but it’s not like he’s a glorified league 1 player. Step up people!

Seen him in the Prem, will not cut it, you keep dreaming though :)

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Your opinion but in my opinion, still wrong lol

It’s fine, but would be nice if opinions took reality into consideration though. Maybe he won’t cut it, but he did in the past for many years so “lambs to the slaughter” and other such phrases are just ridiculous