Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Team GB football

Posted (edited)

Would Jonny Evans start in front of the England options bar Stones? We know he'd be 100% fit for it considering it isn't a City club game.....

Edited by Nalis

24 man squad:

GKs - Pope, Pickford, Ramsdale

DFs - Walker, Stones, Colwill, Shaw, Braithwaite, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, James

MFs - Bellingham, Rice, Palmer, Saka, Foden,  Grealish, Maddison, McTominay, Grealish

FWs - Kane, Watkins, Ferguson, Rashford

Might not be everyone’s, however it won’t be far off! 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

24 man squad:

GKs - Pope, Pickford, Ramsdale

DFs - Walker, Stones, Colwill, Shaw, Braithwaite, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, James

MFs - Bellingham, Rice, Palmer, Saka, Foden,  Grealish, Maddison, McTominay, Grealish

FWs - Kane, Watkins, Ferguson, Rashford

Might not be everyone’s, however it won’t be far off! 

From a biased Scottish perspective, I'd have Tierney in over Shaw and McGinn 100% ahead of Mctominay.

Just now, Scotch said:

From a biased Scottish perspective, I'd have Tierney in over Shaw and McGinn 100% ahead of Mctominay.

Yes, fair comments. 

I think Robertson gets the left back slot in an XI. 

McGinn is an interesting one, as he’s definitely in the mix.

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Yes, fair comments. 

I think Robertson gets the left back slot in an XI. 

McGinn is an interesting one, as he’s definitely in the mix.

Definately. He's been the heartbeat of an over-performing Scotland AND Villa. 

Posted (edited)

Isn’t there a rule that means anyone that’s played in a major international tournament can’t play in the Olympics?

And you can only have 3 over 23’s?

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

Isn’t there a rule that means anyone that’s played in a major international tournament can’t play in the Olympics?

And you can only have 3 over 23’s?

I’ll need to overhaul my entire squad if that’s the rule!!

28 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ll need to overhaul my entire squad if that’s the rule!!

You can defo only have 3 players over the age of 23. 

51 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Isn't McTominay the reason you're in the Euros?

I'm not downplaying his part in our recent success but he wasn't our star player. Mcginn was. 

I would actually Play Mctominay as our striker for the Euros. We have an abundance of good CM's (Mcgregor, McGinn, Ferguson, Gilmour, Christie, Armstrong) but no decent striker and as he proved in qualifying, he can score when it matters. 

• Like 3

Again, I'm very biased but Mcgregor goes under the radar in England, and Gilmour is the type of player England missed v Italy in the euros and France in the WC. 

I still don't see that type of player in England's squad, Mainoo maybe. 

11 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Again, I'm very biased but Mcgregor goes under the radar in England, and Gilmour is the type of player England missed v Italy in the euros and France in the WC. 

I still don't see that type of player in England's squad, Mainoo maybe. 

Ferguson is an absolute must. He was having a great season at Bologna. Playing well, was their captain and was being tracked by Juventus and Napoli before his injury. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Ferguson is an absolute must. He was having a great season at Bologna. Playing well, was their captain and was being tracked by Juventus and Napoli before his injury. 

He really surprised me how well he's done. 

He was almost going through the motions in his last season at Pittodrie but fair play to him wanting to try Italy. The clever money and the easy move for him was Ibrox. 

We have a 25% sell on clause, so I was getting excited that his manager Thiago Motta was going to get the Juve job and bring him with him. It sounds like his move will be next summer once he recovers from Injury. 

He'll end up in the Prem eventually, but I hope he sees out another 2 to 3 years in Italy. 

Would love it it we entered a team - but it would have to be either England, Scotland, N Ireland or Wales to represent GB. It would get around any national FAs concerns around independence, and what a great qualifying tournament between the 4 teams that would be!