Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Leicester Vs Crewe

Crewe had a field day on our left hand side and ran rings round Sheehan.

" That left back is playing shite " Quote from a neutral friend of mine at the game who has no idea who Sheehan is.

I doubt Gilbert is the answer but if Sheehans going to play like that neither is he.

People aren't seeing what they want to see at all, they are seeing what happened he was shocking, you on the other hand are the one seeing what he wants to see.

we dont want Sheehan to play badly at all, but he did. I expect this and dont think anything less of him, as I apperciate he is young and will proababley play badly a few more times before breaking into the 1st team.

He's right I'm afraid Thrach.

On that performance Sheehan has not shown the maturity to play in the first team.

He made more than one mistake. As well as being at fault for the goal he picked up two bookings for guess what? - Mistakes.

Some of his passing when under pressure was panicky and led to (and I think you're getting the gist here) - Mistakes. If that was utter composure, I'd hate to see the kid in a crisis.

As for Momo, I agree that some of his input was poor but he did deliver some excellent crosses in to the box in the second half and what's more, he managed to stay on the pitch for as long as the manager wanted him on there.

Maybe it was an off day for Sheehan, after all we all have them. However, in the game of football you need to seize your chance if you are a fringe player. For me, Williams did that today but Sheehan is going to have to work hard on the training pitches if he's going to make the left back spot his own in the near future.

He's right I'm afraid Thrach.

On that performance Sheehan has not shown the maturity to play in the first team.

He made more than one mistake. As well as being at fault for the goal he picked up two bookings for guess what? - Mistakes.

Some of his passing when under pressure was panicky and led to (and I think you're getting the gist here) - Mistakes. If that was utter composure, I'd hate to see the kid in a crisis.

As for Momo, I agree that some of his input was poor but he did deliver some excellent crosses in to the box in the second half and what's more, he managed to stay on the pitch for as long as the manager wanted him on there.

Maybe it was an off day for Sheehan, after all we all have them. However, in the game of football you need to seize your chance if you are a fringe player. For me, Williams did that today but Sheehan is going to have to work hard on the training pitches if he's going to make the left back spot his own in the near future.

The only panicky passes he made were when he had absolutely no support and was near enough the last line of defence and didn't want to make another mistake. I think his error at the cross had considerable effect on him probably cos he was left out after the Sheffield Wednesday match and was fearful of something similar.

Crewe had a field day on our left hand side and ran rings round Sheehan.

" That left back is playing shite " Quote from a neutral friend of mine at the game who has no idea who Sheehan is.

I doubt Gilbert is the answer but if Sheehans going to play like that neither is he.

People aren't seeing what they want to see at all, they are seeing what happened he was shocking, you on the other hand are the one seeing what he wants to see.

we dont want Sheehan to play badly at all, but he did. I expect this and dont think anything less of him, as I apperciate he is young and will proababley play badly a few more times before breaking into the 1st team.

"Isn't it great to have a full-back getting forward and looking dangerous," quote from a fan on my righthand side. He's being hung out to dry. There was plenty of shit defending as well as Sheehan's mistake.

"Isn't it great to have a full-back getting forward and looking dangerous," quote from a fan on my righthand side. He's being hung out to dry. There was plenty of shit defending as well as Sheehan's mistake.

He got foward true, when was he suppouse to look dangerous? :blink:

I keep reiterating people aren't having a dig at him for no reason, and surely you must be able to see why people aren't agreeing with anything you say, as Sheehans no.1 fan ur bound to say he played well.

he looked young he looked nervey he looked very rusty.

I know there was plenty of shit defending besides Sheehans mistakes, but he made a lot, let the cross get put in for the goal, and got sent off. The fact that you rated him as our best defender after being sent off with 35 mins left to play alone shows u quite clearly have favouritsem for him.

Bealive it or not, a left BACKS priorty is to defend and not to attack, if he gets foward and can do his job at the back well then fair enough, but he left us exposed. Again this more then likely down to the fact he is young and inexperinced. You play Chambers and you will see the same thing, mistakes caused by inexperinced, due to the fact they are fairly new to first team football, I dont poses Extradionary talent like Smith. ( who I thought also had a bad game today )

I hope to see him given another chance in a month. Where he can attempt to stake a claim for more perminent selection.

I think his error at the cross had considerable effect on him probably cos he was left out after the Sheffield Wednesday match and was fearful of something similar.

In which case he is not mentally right for first team football at the minute.

Douglas - 5 - slow off his line.

Maybury - 6

Gerrbrand - 7

Stearman - 7

Sheehan - 3 - idiocy :doh:

Sylla - 6

Gudjonsson - 7

Kisnorbo - 6

Smith - 7

Hammond - 6

Hume - 9 - superb.

Subs:

Williams - 6

de Vries - NA

Hughes - NA

Douglas - 6

Maybury - 6

Gerrbrand - 6

Stearman - 5

Sheehan - 5 (despite what Thracian may say, he is NOT Roberto Carlos Mark 2 :( )

Sylla - 4 (should have been subbed half an hour earlier)

Kisnorbo - 7 (best game for a while)

Gudjonsson - 8 (another excellent display)

Smith - 5 (never delivered, perhaps was due a bad game)

Hammond - 6

Hume - 7

Williams - 6

Hughes - N/A

DeVries - N/A

Douglas 6

Maybury 7

Stearman 7 - Impressed with his display at centre half, certainly wasn't outmuscled at all hopefully that will give Levein food for thought when struggling for centre halves. Definately more talented than Sheehan.

Gerrbrand 6

Sheehan 5

Sylla 5 - Moron.

Gudjonsson 7

Kisnorbo 6 - Looked alot better at centre half. No nonsence.

Smith 7 - When will the other players realise they should give him the ball more. They constantly give it to Sylla when Smith is lethal. Simpletons.

Elvis 6 - Unlucky with the disallowed goal, but his allround play was average at best. With his pace he should be able to receive the ball and turn quickly and leave his marker for dead. He got the ball so much and not once did he utilise his pace at all.

Hume 9* - The eagle has landed. We are now seeing how good Hume is and he's technically better than Connolly for a fraction of the price and 7 years younger. Clinical finish and I think he's got goals in him if we give him the ball. He's starting to find his range from outside the box aswell which he's got a reputation for. Brilliant.

Subs:

Williams 7 - As said in the Williams Thread. He looked like a man possesed and showed how talented he can be!

Hughes 6 - Showed some nice touches and helped out defensively, good to see him back.

De Vries 6 - Thought he was gonna win it at the end with that mazy run.

Douglas - 6 - nothing he could do for the goal, not much else to do

Maybury 7 - good going forward, looked a bit shaky at the start on the ball

Stearman - 8- raced back to save a certain goal when a crewe player was thru 1 vs 1 and did well in the centre back roll

Gerrbrand - 7 - composed and cool.

Sheehan - 6 - a few good shots, good passer but let down with 2 moments of stupidity. why did he handball it and he shouldnt have gone in like that when hes on a yellow.

Sylla - 6- not as bad as people say but very lazy at times

Joey - 7- unlucky not to score and put in alot of hard work.

Kisnorbo - 7- pretty good in midfield and filled in well at the back when we had 10 men.

Smith -7- not as lively as usual but looked a threat in the 2nd half down the left.

Hammond - 7- unlucky to have a perfectly good goal ruled out, looked lively and a handfull.

Huuuuume - 8.5 - a fantastic goal well taken and worked hard the whole game. kept going for more and wanted the win.

Subs - Williams - 7- showed some good play and worked more than usual.

Hughes - N/A - saved 2 off the line in quick succesion. thanks Hughsie.

De Vries - N/A - amazingly beat his man at the end but should have atleast tested the keeper, if not scoring the winner to send the walkers into a frenzy. still shouldnt start though.

Douglas 6

Maybury 7

Stearman 7

Gerrbrand 7.5

Sheehan 6.5 (did well other than a silly double booking)

Sylla 5 (no comittment)

Kisnorbo 7 (best game to date, looked impressive at centre half)

Gudjohnsson 8 (delightful pass to hume)

Smith 7

Elvis 7

Hume 9 (simply brilliant)

Did them but forgot to post them. :doh:

Douglas - 5 - His positioning was off on numerous occasions, thank God Hughsey was there towards the end of the match to kick the ball off the line. Not sure if he could have done much about the goal... he was in the wrong place but two players were supposed to be marking the goal-scorer. Still has that desire to come rushing out at random moments and scaring the crowd and his defence.

Maybury - 6 - Mostly quiet game. Had a mildly good shot in the first half when the crowd shouted 'shooooot' but it was always bending away from goal. I don't remember him making any gaffs at the back so he can’t have had a particularly bad game, but I don’t really remember him doing anything significant either, pretty anonymous.

Stearman - 7 - I was pleasantly surprised by Richard, obviously I knew he was a centre back but some of the good performances he'd put in at full back had me wondering whether his true position wasn't there instead. It certainly isn't though, for the most part at centre-back he was cool headed and showed some great skill too. Got caught a couple of times but only to be expected of course, nothing major. Levein said afterwards on the radio that in a couple of years he’d have the same physique as McCarthy and be a solid centre back and I can’t wait. We’ll certainly have a selection problem then.

Gerrbrand - 6 - Along with Maybury he was pretty anonymous. No big mistakes but no big heroic moves either. Should be good to see him back with McCarthy as he really looks better in that partnership.

Sheehan - 4- Well, what can you say? He looked pretty average to poor for most of the game, might have done better with the cross for the goal and hoofed a lot of his passes. His bookings were avoidable (in the sense that he could have avoided being in that situation, not that the ref shouldn’t have given them) so in that sense it was harsh on him getting sent off, but the ref had no choice really. His free kick was going wide. In his defence I will say that he looked very uncomfortable with Smith in front of him and Ryan never passed back to him when given the ball.

Sylla - 4 - Arg. When he’s good he’s good, when he's bad he's ****ing awful. The moment that epitomised the game he had was when he was passed a ball, wasn’t paying attention, and we all watched it roll out for an opposition throw in. He just seemed lazy and disinterested and I don't understand it as I refuse to believe that the latter of those two emotions is really possible on a football pitch, especially when one week he does look interested and the next he doesn’t. Maybe it’s something to do with confidence... I really have no idea. Oh, and Momo....PASS THE BALL!!!

Gudjonsson - 8 - Great game again, it's wonderful with so many inconsistent players (see above) there is one player who seems to play well no matter what. Good shot in the first half that bounced off the 'keeper and onto the crossbar, and great pass for Hume’s goal. Again was all over the pitch... can't really sing his praises too much as I'd just be repeating myself, long may it continue though.

Kisnorbo - 6 - I would have given him a five, except I actually saw him pass forwards more than once and I thought that should be rewarded with an extra point. Still not convinced by him, I know people say that he 'does a job' but I don’t really think he does it all that well... his tackling isn't that great (on the rare occasions when he tries to) and his passing as we all know isn't great. He looked much better when moved to centre-back, maybe that is his rightful position.

Smith - 7 - Not as good as he can be... still some nice runs and attempts to beat people but not as many balls into the box. And he seemed a bit selfish at times (or perhaps just wasn't paying enough attention to the other players around him)....Ryan, please don't start learning from Sylla. I don’t think he's suited to playing with an inexperienced player behind him, it makes him have a much quieter game.

Hume - 8 - I'm really starting to like him, which generally isn't a good sign as it means he'll probably be off soon, but while we have him I'll enjoy watching him. Took the goal brilliantly and worked tirelessly all match, just when 'to you, to me' started getting dull he’d do a bit of skill and try to move the play on and it would really wake up the crowd.

Hammond - 6 - Unlucky not to have been given that goal, and had a few good moments during the match... his pace and hold-up play do make him quite a good partner for Hume. However like with Sylla I find myself saying 'pass' a lot of the times when he has the ball as he seems to hold onto it for that one second too long when he should shoot or pass it. Also, not liking the air-kicking Elvis...

Subs:

Williams - 7 - Looked very sharp and eager when he came on, if he could play like that all the time then he'd be permanently in the side. I'd always be willing to give him another chance to change my opinion of him as I do think he is a very talented footballer, however he desperately needs to be more consistent.

Hughes - 7 - A star simply for those two stops on the line in the final few minutes...no idea what Douglas was doing.

de Vries -7 - Again he got a disgraceful reception from some when he came onto the pitch, I really do despair at some of our 'fans' sometimes. Looked sharp and eager as well as Williams, clearly feels having been left out for a while and wanted to impress. Had a great chance and probably took one touch too many but he got into a good position for it and kept his head for the most part which should be applauded... why the boos? :(

Douglas - 5- To slow, gives me no confidence

Maybury - 6 - ok

Gerrbrand - 6.5 ok

Stearman - 7 - cool as a cucumber

Sheehan - 4 only one player who can get sent off and still get a high mark= taggart, especially if it was an

elbow or something..come on sheehan, if your gonna get sent off then at least let it be a straight red and assault!

Sylla - 5 no doubt he's got ability, but he's getting repetitive

Kisnorbo - 8 - a lot of people said he was bad in midfield, but I analysed him a lot and he hardly gave the ball away once, don't judge him on ability, he didn't put a foot wrong.

Gudjonsson - 8 - two words, good player

Smith -7- can't wait till the spurs game!

Hammond - 6 - needs to be more clinical.

Hume - 9 - oh my word, what a signing, what a goal, what a player!

Williams - 7

Hughes - 7.5

DeVries - N/A

Archived