Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
l444ry

What do you mean: No other Managers about?

For heavens sake Eva, no need to get so touchy. If you give jibes out you have to be able to take them back as well. We're on the same side here don't forget. Where I do take issue with you, though, is that I am in the minority here. When I last looked at the Poll results they were as follows-: Stay 33.61% Go 55.73% Others 10.66%

Where is this Poll ??????????

Theres only 34% that want him to stay the rest either dont care or want him out now or at the end of the season

Surely that means give him till the end of the season before deciding coz thats what i voted :o

as with the Xmas mean that people want immediate results or they WILL want him out. not that they want him out after Xmas whatever happend?????????

I think you'll find if we lose against Millwall there will be some 'Levein out' chants. Everyone i no all want Levein to go asap. It just seems this board think hes doing an amzing job!

Don't bank on that Adam. They're just keeping their cards close to the chest. When push comes to shove, they'll stick the knife in. They know it'll be them who will be under pressure if they don't. The circles I mix in are much less than 34% keep him. More like 8 out of 10 feel a change is needed.

Don't bank on that Adam. They're just keeping their cards close to the chest. When push comes to shove, they'll stick the knife in. They know it'll be them who will be under pressure if they don't. The circles I mix in are much less than 34% keep him. More like 8 out of 10 feel a change is needed.

Rose tinted :eek:

Made a big co** up there. I thought you were referring to the Leicester City Board.

Read the whole post Babylon, especially the FIRST PARAGRAPH. Are you so violently against a possible change of manager that you misrepresent your "opponents" just to score petty debating points? Anyway, I'm sure we'll all be honoured to hear from you with your superior list shortly. It's only a matter of time before Craig leaves......so get used to it!!

What the feck are you on about. I miss read your post and suddenly i'm...

"misrepresenting your "opponents" just to score petty debating points?"

WTF?????? Get a frigging life mate.

I'm not coming up with an alternative list as I want to stay with Levein. Obviously there are other managers out there (as you proved) Bur the fact remains people naturally rule out people who are a) shit or b) wouldn't touch us with a bleeding barge pole. Your list just contained any manager you could think of... very constructive.

All opinions mate. As I have already said, half of them I wouldn't particularly like either. However, what I find interesting is that quite a few of the keep Craig brigade (not meant to be insulting) agree with some on the list, which others would be keen on. Like I said.....It's all opinion. Incidentally, Gary McCallister did quite well at Cov***'y. And Ranieri has been linked with Leeds and Southampton......so why not us?

Ask the Cov fans if Gary Mac did well or if it was Eric Black after GM left.

What the feck are you on about. I miss read your post and suddenly i'm...

"misrepresenting your "opponents" just to score petty debating points?"

WTF?????? Get a frigging life mate.

I'm not coming up with an alternative list as I want to stay with Levein. Obviously there are other managers out there (as you proved) Bur the fact remains people naturally rule out people who are a) shit or b) wouldn't touch us with a bleeding barge pole. Your list just contained any manager you could think of... very constructive.

It would just help if you responded to what was said, rather than what you would like to think it meant.

Hmm I remember the slating Martin O got before things finally worked out. Why do people have to be so hasty all the time? To quote the Smiths "these things take time" I know hes had more time than MO but changing managers at this point is not IMHO the answer.

Hmm I remember the slating Martin O got before things finally worked out. Why do people have to be so hasty all the time? To quote the Smiths "these things take time" I know hes had more time than MO but changing managers at this point is not IMHO the answer.

That was about 13 games wasn't it?

This has been a OVER a year.

I take your point - and I can't be bothered to enter this argument BUT I think the comparison with MON is stretching things a little.

That was about 13 games wasn't it?

This has been a OVER a year.

I take your point - and I can't be bothered to enter this argument BUT I think the comparison with MON is stretching things a little.

Agree, two entirely different situations whatever side you're on and so totally irrelevant. In fact comparing anything in football is generally a waste of time.

Wahey.. we agree on something! This could be the start of something beautiful! :P

I think we agree on lots of things, you might think differently ;)impactwhore.gif

Or John Sillett or Jimmy Hill. Some people will never give credit where it's due.

What?????... Gary Mac did nothing at Coventry, as soon as Eric Black took over they shot up the table. So as far as credit goes I already gave that to the person who deserved it... ERIC BLACK.

John Sillett / Jimmy Hill.... I think you are in cloud cuckoo land chap. What have they got to do with the sucess (or lack of it in this case) of Gary Mac.

It would just help if you responded to what was said, rather than what you would like to think it meant.

Like I just said I miss read it!!!!!!!!!!

I do have other work to do and only get a fleeting chance to actually look at these pages. Unlike yourself I don't get a chance to examine with detail every little post.

I think it was a pointless thread anyhow. "What do you mean: No other Managers about?"... Quite obviously everybody knows that there are other managers about. Just because people say there is no one about to take over doesn't literally mean there isn't anyone.

What they mean is in their opinion there is nobody suitable at this moment in time who would be good enough and would actually take the job if offered. I'm not saying there isn't as there probably is. But if that's there opinion then so be it.

I certainly don't have a crystal ball that allows me to find the next MON.

What?????... Gary Mac did nothing at Coventry, as soon as Eric Black took over they shot up the table. So as far as credit goes I already gave that to the person who deserved it... ERIC BLACK.

John Sillett / Jimmy Hill.... I think you are in cloud cuckoo land chap. What have they got to do with the sucess (or lack of it in this case) of Gary Mac.

It was a joke mate...a joke.

You are totally wrong about Eric Black, as well as he might have done. When McAllister left in Jan 2004 they were mid-table. When Black was relieved of his duties at the end of the season they were......mid-table. Also, I'm sure you'll remember that he was McAllister's No 2. Consequently he didn't need to change a lot.

There are plenty of decent, relatively young managers in the lower divisions. I'm surprised nobody has noticed them - after all the leagues in which they ply their trade have been a much-favoured source of recruitment for the FOXES over the years (eg O'Farrell, Little, O'Neill, Adams as well as others we'd prefer to forget).

Apart from Martin Allen. current examples include:

Peter Jackson - Huddersfield

Kenny Jackett - Swansea

Dave Penney - Doncaster

Phil Parkinson - Colchester

Martin Ling - Orient

Keith Curle - Chester

Not all of these would necessarily want to leave their current clubs, but all have built a reputation for consistent, attacking football which is a notable contrast from the fare we've witnessed in recent times. They've also made the most of resources available to them, again in contrast to what has happened to our club.

However, I don't think the FOXES have yet reached the stage where a change is needed. CL deserves one final chance to turn things around. The time to make decisions on his future will be the end of the season, when we can assess what progress (if any) has been made, and the last instalment of the Connolly transfer fee will give us options which we do not have at present.

But don't pretend there are no alternatives out there. The day we accept failure as a matter of routine is the day this club will lose its soul forever.

Archived