Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes 2 da grave

Expectations of Leicester in 2006

I expect CL to bring in a goalscorer and a right winger to replace Sylla. A new goalkeeper would be nice but we cant expect to much. If we get a goalscorer id like to see us win some games and climb up the table and have a good FA cup run like last season. If we do go on a good run i dont expect us to get knocked out by a ex player. But before we can do anything in the FA Cup we got to do something special against Spurs. :rolleyes:

I expect us to narrowly avoid relegation to be honest. The cup game against spurs could play a significant role in our season. I think a win, against a top prem side, live on TV would do the boys confidence no end of good and could in fact lead to a turn around in our league form. Big ask though!!!!!!!

Teamwise - hughes fit till the end of the season, weso back in action, sylla and douglas exiled into the reserves would be a nice start.

I'd love to see Leicester get promoted but it won't hapen, but in reality i spose i'd like us to have a decny unbeaten run, beat Spurs in the cup and finish with a bit of respectability.

I expect City to finish the current season around mid-table (maybe just in the top half), finishing reasonably strongly, especially at home. Possibly due to a few good signings in the January transfer window.

Next season, i think City will struggle to match up to expectations from some of you lot (;)) and we'll start similarly to how we have done this season. Then, Levein will be sacked around November and everyone will immediately think 'Great, we're gonna win the league easily!'. We'll hire an 'up-and-coming' manager from a lower league and we will go nowhere!

Anyone willing to give me a tenner if that happens? :thumbup::cool:

I expect City to finish the current season around mid-table (maybe just in the top half), finishing reasonably strongly, especially at home. Possibly due to a few good signings in the January transfer window.

Next season, i think City will struggle to match up to expectations from some of you lot (;)) and we'll start similarly to how we have done this season. Then, Levein will be sacked around November and everyone will immediately think 'Great, we're gonna win the league easily!'. We'll hire an 'up-and-coming' manager from a lower league and we will go nowhere!

Anyone willing to give me a tenner if that happens? :thumbup::cool:

nah because if loadza people give you a tenner if it happens which it probably will you will be rich

Get rid of shit like Douglas,Sylla etc

Bring in an aerial option up front as we have no strikers who are any good at scoring headers, so often late in games we put in crosses that are crying out for a big centre forward to power in, we just dont have that (and don't say Dion,he's too slow now to get on the end of the crosses and De Vries is just a pansy in the air) someone like Helguson on loan would be cool.

A right winger who tracks back and whips in decent crosses would be a godsend right now,its not too much to ask surely as its written in most wingers job descriptions "must work for the team".

Scoring isnt really that much of a problem we just lack that aerial option up front, Hume is decent for flick ons but no one to power the ball in off a Smith cross or a (rare) Sylla one.

Oh yes and Start Paul Henderson, I can't think of too many Keepers we could sign with a view to a permenant transfer so stick with what we have, hes been highly rated at Bradford, when called upon hes looked impressive in the games hes played, give him a go.

I'd like to see Ben Filbert come back for the New Year, he said we'd be top 10 by 2006.

When I told him he was wrong, apparently I was bullying him.

Be nice to see him come back and eat a bit of humble pie.

Good point, but I wouldn't bet on him coming out of his woodwork just so you could say 'I told you so!' :P

My expectations:

Another poor season will end with us finishing between 13-18th.

Levein will be given the summer to make us a stronger outfit but we will start next season just the same as this one, and Levein will be fired by October.

(Not what I want, but what I expect)

Get rid of shit like Douglas,Sylla etc

Bring in an aerial option up front as we have no strikers who are any good at scoring headers, so often late in games we put in crosses that are crying out for a big centre forward to power in, we just dont have that (and don't say Dion,he's too slow now to get on the end of the crosses and De Vries is just a pansy in the air) someone like Helguson on loan would be cool.

A right winger who tracks back and whips in decent crosses would be a godsend right now,its not too much to ask surely as its written in most wingers job descriptions "must work for the team".

Scoring isnt really that much of a problem we just lack that aerial option up front, Hume is decent for flick ons but no one to power the ball in off a Smith cross or a (rare) Sylla one.

Oh yes and Start Paul Henderson, I can't think of too many Keepers we could sign with a view to a permenant transfer so stick with what we have, hes been highly rated at Bradford, when called upon hes looked impressive in the games hes played, give him a go.

Strategic problem here Durnerz. I lay odds on amount of corners on Betfair. Leicester are so negative, depite what is said on here, that they don't even get crosses in, let alone get on the end of them.

I wish for...

- A manager who has learnt from his previous mistakes in terms of player employment & player transfers.

- A team that has left all the ups and downs behind them, taken the best out of it and that looks forward to the upcoming 2nd half of the season.

- More goals from our strikers and offensive midfielders. We shot an awful lot on the opponent's goal, yet failed to convert those chances.

- A goalkeeper who can find trust in himself again and who gives the rest of his mates enough confidence to go through 90+ minutes and give a 120 percent each game.

- Fans who are a bit more optimistic and supportive (in a positive sense). I hope you can accept a realistic season finish by our guys this time and don't always dissect errors.

- Much more fun and entertainment, on both this forum (and the OS) and the Live Commentary.

No matter how bad your one and only team performs, the love for it will never cease to exist!

Archived