Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Levein On Reading Defeat

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~760853,00.html

City boss Craig Levein says his players will have learnt a few valuable lessons after they went down 2-0 to table toppers Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday night.

The Foxes battled tirelessly during the first period as Levein attempted to quash the threat of the home side by playing a 4-5-1 formation.

And although the Royals had their fair share of possession in the first period, it would be de Vries who would come closest to breaking the deadlock - but the lone striker saw his long range effort well saved by Marcus Hahnemann as the half came to a close.

But it would be Reading who would take the lead on the hour mark - Kevin Doyle outpacing the City defence to slot the ball past Douglas after breaking from the halfway line.

Levein made a triple substitution 10 minutes later - bringing on Elvis Hammond, Ryan Smith and Richard Stearman.

But Reading would add to their lead through substitute Brynjar Gunnarsson in the closing stages, meaning it is now 25 games since Reading tasted defeat in the Championship.

Levein said: "Football is a game that can kick you in the teeth. We had weathered the storm and we were probably having our best period when we lost a goal.

"It was a stupid goal concede. We had coped all night dealing with anything over the top, but Patrik showed a lack of concentration and slipped. It was a simple task from then on.

"Reading capitalised when they had an opportunity and they are playing with confidence. That's the difference between the two sides.

"We played some good football and passed the ball well, but in those vital areas of the pitch when it mattered we didn't capitalise.

"We have a group of players who are just playing with a lack of confidence. I couldn't fault their work ethic or anything like that. We just need to start thinking like winners more than anything else.

"Steve Coppell has got it right here and he has done a fantastic job. He probably doesn't need to turn up for a lot of the matches at the moment because the team is almost running itself.

"When you look at their line up it isn't that different from the team we played last season.

"It's all about belief. Our players will learn from this game. The Reading squad has had two or three years together and maybe that is what it takes to gain that sort of understanding. We are in the early stages of that process."

"It's all about belief. Our players will learn from this game. The Reading squad has had two or three years together and maybe that is what it takes to gain that sort of understanding. We are in the early stages of that process."

Bollocks Levein. If we give you another 2 or 3 years we'll be struggling in League 1.

He's just making pathetic excuses now.

Bollocks Levein. If we give you another 2 or 3 years we'll be struggling in League 1.

He's just making pathetic excuses now.

He is , he's lost the plot.

Micky went for a lot less.

Coppell has been there since October 2003. About two years. How long has Levein been here? About a year and a half...?

True. Levein has only been here for just over a year. But Coppell hasn't taken Reading anywhere near the depths of this division during his time there.

Micky went because we were 4 points of the play offs

Surely Levein should go now that we're 4 points of RELEGATION

In the words of Eminem:

" Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip? "

"You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo"

Levein has had well over a year and his oppurtunity has gone.

Levein said: "Football is a game that can kick you in the teeth".

TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW CRAIG.

"We had weathered the storm and we were probably having our best period when we lost a goal".

SO IS THAT A DEFINATE, OR YOU DONT KNOW?

"It was a stupid goal concede. We had coped all night dealing with anything over the top, but Patrik showed a lack of concentration and slipped. It was a simple task from then on".

DOES THIS MEAN YOU`LL MAKE UP WITH JOHANSON AND PICK HIM, COS HES OUR BEST LEADER AT THE BACK? INFACT BEST LEADER FULL STOP.

"We played some good football and passed the ball well, but in those vital areas of the pitch when it mattered we didn't capitalise"

AGAIN CRAIG, TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW. WHOS ASKING THE QUESTIONS HERE???

"Steve Coppell has got it right here and he has done a fantastic job. He probably doesn't need to turn up for a lot of the matches at the moment because the team is almost running itself".

ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE HAD NO CHANCE ANYWAY, OR IS IT AN EXCUSE FOR YOUR TEAM SELECTION?

JUST DONT GET RELEGATED, FIND A LEADER IN MIDFIELD, GOOD LUCK.

City boss Craig Levein says his players will have learnt a few valuable lessons after they went down 2-0 to table toppers Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday night.
Craig Levein was again left frustrated after the Foxes battled out a 1-1 draw with Millwall at the Walkers Stadium.
Craig Levein was left 'disappointed, angry and frustrated' following Leicester's 3-2 defeat at the hands of Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on Friday evening.
Craig Levein says his side must remain positive as they turn their attention to Saturday's Championship clash against Sheffield United following Tuesday night's 2-2 draw with Watford at the Walkers Stadium
Craig Levein says he will continue to search for a new striker after his side drew a blank against Burnley at Turf Moor on Saturday afternoon
Craig Levein says he is happy with the progress that his side are making after the Foxes battled out a 0-0 draw with Southampton at the Walkers Stadium
Craig Levein says his Foxes are still heading in the right direction following Saturday's 0-0 Championship draw with Preston North End at Deepdale.

P

GD

PTS

1 Reading 26 40 65

2 Sheff Utd 26 24 56

3 Leeds 25 10 45

4 Watford 26 11 43

5 Crystal Palace 24 11 38

6 Wolverhampton 26 9 38

7 Burnley 26 5 38

8 Luton 26 3 38

9 Stoke 26 -4 37

10 Preston 25 6 35

11 Cardiff 26 4 35

12 Norwich 26 -2 35

13 QPR 26 -7 32

14 Southampton 25 0 31

15 Hull 26 -3 30

16 Coventry 26 -7 29

17 Ipswich 26 -13 29

18 Derby 26 -5 28

19 Plymouth 24 -7 27

20 Leicester 25 -5 26

21 Brighton 26 -14 25

22 Crewe 26 -21 22

23 Sheff Wed 26 -15 21

24 Millwall 26 -20 19

Yeah - and I can see you're doing your utmost to make it more exciting.

What do you want?

Dancing bears?

Pathetic.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

I haven't been, that's the first post I've made for a few days. People like you with your boring, repetative crap are making me do other things, isn't that lovely. Why don't you go back to cheering for us to lose and undermining everyone, and I'll go back to enjoying watching football, which is what I do when I'm not reading the rubbish on here.

Is that more exciting for you?

I haven't been, that's the first post I've made for a few days. People like you with your boring, repetative crap are making me do other things, isn't that lovely. Why don't you go back to cheering for us to lose and undermining everyone, and I'll go back to enjoying watching football, which is what I do when I'm not reading the rubbish on here.

Is that more exciting for you?

If you're enjoying the football being served up under Levein, you go right ahead and watch them.

This forum would be boring if everyone agreed on everything and thought Leicester City Football Club is in a healthy and rosy state.

The fact is we're not. Fans who complain are showing that this level of performance is not acceptable. Voicing concerns and questioning the management is part and parcel of football.

Archived