Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Fryatt Signs

;):thumbup:

Fryatt deal sealed - Fee revealed

By WS10 - January 8 2006

The transfer of Matty Fryatt to Championship side Leicester City has been finalized as both parties have agreed terms.

Saturday evenings Express and Star carried a picture of him leaving the Bescot with a black bag full of his belongings. Then, this mornings Sunday Mercury confirmed that the deal - now known to be worth an initial £350,000 has been completed.

News of the "additional fees" haven't yet filtered through, but fans have been assured that the eventual Sum will be more than a match for Fee's that have been banded about for other forwards such as Nathan Tyson and Izale McLeod.

Some fans are bound to ask how an England U19 International, named as one of UEFA's "10 stars to watch for future" is being allowed to leave for a fee that back in the summer would have been considered derisory. Read what UEFA had to say about Matty back in the Summer

News in the summer led most fans to believe that Matty wouldn't leave the Club unless someone paid a fee within the region of £1m for his services - then again, for all we know, this fee could still reach that level.

As to whether this is a good deal for the Saddlers, news of the potential value of this fee will help fans make up their minds.

Interesting stuff from the UEFA website:

Matthew Fryatt, England

The Walsall FC striker's finest moment came in the 3-1 semi-final victory against Serbia and Montenegro, his blistering pace and predatory instincts bringing him an impressive hat-trick. Also on target in the group-stage draw with France, defences were caused no end of problems by his movement and energy.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under19/n...sId=321885.html

The Walsall fans said he had no pace. :unsure:

Read the top part in black where it says "Leicester city" ;)

Yeah but its not the official walsall site. All its reporting on is that he left the club with the belongings and its assuming he's coming to us! We all assumed Lovell would come to us as well and instead he's at aberdeen now!

No pace? who cares really?

If he does the other stuff well I don't care. Pace is good, but not vital when you have other pacey 'strikers'. (Lets forget MDV for the time being ;) )

Have they said he's slow? that would make it different.

It's true we do seem to have a pacy attack at the mo' but no finishing. I just hope too much pressure isn't heaped on such a young lad!!!

Assuming we have signed him. I won't believe it until he's wearing a City shirt though!!

The walsall fans are arseholes.

Yes. I saw you arguing with them. You're a better man than I (the fact that I'm not a man shouldn't deride that compliment), I've given up on arguing with people about administration. It seems most other fans are happy to read the papers, hate us and call us cheats, even when presented with the facts.

Archived