Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Fryatt Speaks

Taken from his on line diary:

“I am delighted to announce that this afternoon I have signed for Leicester City, subject to passing my medical.

It goes without saying that this is a fantastic move for me and a wonderful opportunity to develop my career at a higher level. As I’ve said in the past, a move to the Premiership would not have been in my best interests at this stage, but I certainly feel comfortable moving back up into the Championship.

There were other clubs interested in signing me, but once I’d had the chance to take a look at the training ground and the fantastic Walker’s Stadium, it became evident to me that Leicester City are a Premiership club in everything but name. The playing staff here is also of the highest calibre, likewise the management team, and I can’t wait to join up with the lads for my first training session tomorrow.

Finally, I’d like to say a big thank-you to everyone at Walsall for looking after me so well since the age of nine. I will always be indebted to the club for giving me the opportunity to become a professional footballer and I wish them all the very best for the rest of the season and, indeed, the future. But as one chapter closes, another opens, and I’m looking forward to hopefully having the same success at the Walker’s Stadium that I did at the Bescotâ€Â.

There were other clubs interested in signing me, but once I’d had the chance to take a look at the training ground and the fantastic Walker’s Stadium, it became evident to me that Leicester City are a Premiership club in everything but name.

And league, and ability, and reputation, and finances, and in fact only the stadium then :D:D:D

Hi Walsall fan here

You have signed a gem there with Matty Fryatt. I am glad he has gone to one of the "big" championship teams. He deserves it with his skill and attitude.

He wouldnt ahve made it at this stage in the Premiership and glad he didnt go to the Custard Bowl in Wolverhampton

Good luck for the rest of the season. Im sure that Matty will fire em in for you when he is fit again ( Approx 3-4 weeks apparantly)

Hi Walsall fan here

You have signed a gem there with Matty Fryatt. I am glad he has gone to one of the "big" championship teams. He deserves it with his skill and attitude.

He wouldnt ahve made it at this stage in the Premiership and glad he didnt go to the Custard Bowl in Wolverhampton

Good luck for the rest of the season. Im sure that Matty will fire em in for you when he is fit again ( Approx 3-4 weeks apparantly)

We're told he's 50/50 for Saturday!

Probably club spin because we have signed an injured player.

8.75%

hah, i'm glad i read his interview/conference now, surely this is worth more than 8.75%, pushing 10% surely?

"I watched the Tottenham game on the television and the noise inside the stadium sounded fantastic. It was a great game of football and made me even more eager to sign."

does anyone have any links for any goals this lad has scored??? Hume will now have an even slimmer chance of playing, he may be regretting his switch from tranmere but i suppose competition for places is important for us.

oooh matty fryatt oooooh matty fryatt!!!!!

3-2, we beat the spurs 3-2, we beat the spurs 3-2....................... :)

How refreshing it is to see some Walsall fans saying he will be missed at the club. I remeber last time notes were left on a Leicester City internet site about one of our striker signings saying Akin bad buy couldent trap a bag of cement. How right did that prove to be. Lets hope the positiveness of the Walsall fans comes through on the pitch and Fryatt goes on to be one of the clubs legends.

Good luck at the City Fryatt

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Archived