Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Joey signs for AZ Alkmaar?

Some players are gifted enough to walk in to the first team and not look out of place, Stearman has pretty much done it with few errors and Wesolowski is even better than him. We aren't talking premiership and european football here (something Wesolowski will go on to play at, i'm sure of it) we are talking championship level football which he'll breeze through. He is very strong and won't be fazed by playing for Leicester, trust me.

I hope to be proven wrong but the jury is still out with me :thumbup:

Probably comes with supporting Leicester :rolleyes:

Im sorry but how can say you Wesolowski is better when they both play in completly different positions?

I think you'll find Morris has played Midfield more then he has played up front and I wasn't comparing them man for man , more as who I'd like to see back in the team first.

I would think that Joey is on a pretty good contract, one which we are unable to offer him again. It may be that he is not prepared to accept a reduced offer from the club and is therefore looking elsewhere for an equivalent paycheck or a longer contract than we can put to him.

For all the idiots that will blame CL if Joey does leave - IT IS the club who will ultimately decide what Craig can offer to Joey. We have to work within the resources that the club has.

Perhaps all the stayaway fans should think about the effect on the clubs revenues by not going to matches and how this has a knock on affect to contracts we can offer.

James Wesolowski is a player with potential, but he not proven, so ppl who want to stick him straight in the first team is a joke. remember some things

he still young and learning

he coming back from a long injury layoff

we in a relegation battle, we need a player with experience in the middle.

yes he needs to part of the team, but he has not done anything yet to warrant a place in the starting line up.

I don't blame Joey for maybe wanting to leave, he's played excellently this season and doesn't deserve to be at a team in the bottom 4/5. I'd wish him well if he went.

It would be a big blow for us though, I can't believe people are still calling him an average Championship player after this season's performances. Apart from lush (who is bonkers anyway!) how many of you other Joey critics have seen him play week in week out?

I'd also agree with the sceptics regarding Wesolowski - he may have a load of potential but I wouldn't expect him to jump straight into the 1st team and fill Joey's boots so easily. I've never seen him play so my view isn't as strong as others like Ric, but it seems a bit much to put so much pressure on a kid who's just suffered a broken leg.

IMO we should take the money now and sell Joey if possible. Joey is a good player, probably too good for this league and i think we should let him leave now. I dont think his heart would be in it :cry:

But..... This would give Levein the chance to play a more attacking minded midfield with Williams and Hughes.

I thought that the aim of football is to outscore your opponent. I think this would give us a greater chance of doing so.

Come on, bring on the 4-3's and the 3-2's! :thumbup:

James Wesolowski is a player with potential, but he not proven, so ppl who want to stick him straight in the first team is a joke. remember some things

he still young and learning

he coming back from a long injury layoff

we in a relegation battle, we need a player with experience in the middle.

yes he needs to part of the team, but he has not done anything yet to warrant a place in the starting line up.

Please, don't centre your text, it makes it difficult to read...

:)

With him been linked to all these clubs it is a sign his agent is going around shopping for a new club so it does look like joey is on the move in the summer. I will expect now for him to stay and play for us for this season and be of for free in the summer. I remember saying before that the fact he is playing better this year is for him to get a better new contract wether it be at this club or elsewhere otherwise he would have been consitently good last season as well.

Concerning Wesolowski he may have potential but like others have said he wont slot straight in and be as consistent as joey currently is, it will need time and experience in the 1st team which may week,months or even years. It is too hard to judge.

If he wants to go - fair enough, let him go.

We've lost better players and survived.

Hear, Hear although we are just clinging on by our finger nails :)

Oh Well.

Weso is a much more naturally gifted player.

If he goes it will open the door for Weso so im not too bothered.

If we could skank a few hundred grand out of 'em it would ease the pain ;) .

Hear, Hear although we are just clinging on by our finger nails :)

Leicester don't do things by halves.

When we're good, we're very good. We just make sure that when we're bad - we're awful. Also - a good club for scandal! :P

Still... good luck to him if he goes. He's tried hard in his time here and put in some good performances, but no one is bigger than the club and I do feel that Joey has received a little too much praise this season. I haven't seen all of his performances, far from it, but I saw a few games where he was mediocre at best and yet many people were still rating him 7 or 8.

Agree with the above post - if we can get a bit of money to sweeten the deal - game on!

I don't blame Joey for maybe wanting to leave, he's played excellently this season and doesn't deserve to be at a team in the bottom 4/5. I'd wish him well if he went.

It would be a big blow for us though, I can't believe people are still calling him an average Championship player after this season's performances. Apart from lush (who is bonkers anyway!) how many of you other Joey critics have seen him play week in week out?

I'd also agree with the sceptics regarding Wesolowski - he may have a load of potential but I wouldn't expect him to jump straight into the 1st team and fill Joey's boots so easily. I've never seen him play so my view isn't as strong as others like Ric, but it seems a bit much to put so much pressure on a kid who's just suffered a broken leg.

I go to every game, he has been one of the better players in the 4th poorest team in the division. Despite playing far above an beyond his consistent level of performance for the last couple of months h has still not been one of the outstanding players int eh division. How could he be anything but average?

His size lets him down and he does not have the intelligence to play at a higher level. Having said that his passing is much improved to what is now at an accaptable level. Hughes and Williams both have a lot more ability and WIlliams is currently playing the better football.

If we can get any money for him, 300k+, then I would sah in on him rather than letting him go for nothing in the summer.

It's slower paced. When he has gone to slower paced leagues (Spain, Premiership) he hasn't really cut it. Whether that is because he doesn't have the quality or because the slower paced, more technical game doesn't suit his bustling style, I'm not sure.

Either way, if I had to stick my neck out.. I'd say that the Championship is the best place for him. He's found his level.

As Dylan said though... money doesn't talk - it swears. So if any decent money is on the table, he and his agent will be more than happy.

I often wonder how much better Joey would be if he stood up to challenges a bit more, I wonder if the Dutch league is physical?

His physical attributes are one of his faults but I think the main fault he will have when trying to play a ta higher level is his poor decision making. He often fails to see a pass and goes for the very unlikely shot from distance and he gives away a lot of freekicks for silly pushes when he should just put pressure on the ball.

I don't want to sound like I'm on a massive downer in terms of Joey. He has played well this season and I appreciate his effort, I just think there are more talented players at our club so there are sure to be at AZ Alkmhar.

I think some of the posters going on about Weso need to get a sense of perpective about him, below is a link of his first team experience, not just at Leicester but anywhere!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43105.

I know the lad has potential but if you think he is going to take Joey's place overnight or even next season then you wanna wake up and smell the coffee!

Our current Midfielders are struggling this season and the way most of you are going on about him you'd think he only start playing again and we'd be promotion contenders!

Compare him with what Lee Morris has done!

I know who I'd want to see in the side first.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13754

Smell the coffee Allen! As Ric Flair knows Wes is exceptional.He'll play over the top of the current central midfielders. Stats you show dont matter one bit. The lad is something special and will be up for the business, as a lot in this team aren't.

Archived