Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Joey signs for AZ Alkmaar?

AZ Alkmaar are close to agreeing terms with Leicester City midfielder Joey Gudjonsson, according to reports in Holland.

The Icelandic midfielder, formerly of Aston Villa, Real Betis and Wolves, is out of contract in the summer and is available on a free transfer.

Gudjonsson has also spoken to Dutch rivals PSV Eindhoven, but after a meeting with AZ coach Louis van Gaal he is believed to prefer a switch to Alkmaarder Hout.

The 25-year-old played his football in the Eredivisie with RKC Waalwijk prior to his €3.65 million (£2.5 million) switch to Real Betis.

Meanwhile, AZ midfielder Danny Mathijssen could be set for a loan move after failing to secure regular football with the side.

The 21-year-old, a free transfer signing from Willem II last summer, is seeking a temporary switch in order to boost his match fitness.

RKC Waalwijk and NAC Breda have already been mentioned as possible suitors although no deal between the clubs has been struck.

Other candidates available are Adil Ramzi and Haris Medunjanin. Ramzi is not part of van Gaal's plans while Medunjanin is currently down the pecking order.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...e+on+Gudjonsson

Just goes to show how poor Dutch football is is PSV also had talks with him. It would be good news because Levein could play Williams and Hughes, but unfortunately I think Levein sees Kisnorbo as a ready made replacement for Joey :(

It's sems shocking we won't get a fee for him, he's prob worth £1.5 milllion at he moment. nevermind though

we will get a fee for him though if he goes in jan window, but if we wait till summer we wont, i cant see levein wanting him to go tbh!!

we will get a fee for him though if he goes in jan window, but if we wait till summer we wont, i cant see levein wanting him to go tbh!!

"is out of contract in the summer and is available on a free transfer."

I assumed that as well as he's still our player and under contract until June (?), therefore if someone wants him know, open your wallet you tight ******* otherwise wait until June.

"is out of contract in the summer and is available on a free transfer."

Just because it says that doesn't mean it's true or logical.

Just because it says that doesn't mean it's true or logical.

Yeah, if he's still under contract why would he be on a free transfer? Surely LCFC will want to get something for him before his contract expires?

Oh, and this is a pity, I think we'll miss Joey if/when he goes.

:(

He ain't leaving till the summer, i'm sure of it :thumbup:

That's what I was thinking. When a player over the age of 25 is out of contract in the summer they are free to speak to other clubs from other countires about signing a deal after their contract has expired.

Gudjonsson won't leave until the summer unless we let him and to let him go for free would be pointless. Wesolowski will take Joey's place but i'd rather keep Joey until the summer and give Weso a few months to settle in to the side.

What can you get for a very average championship player?

Bollocks is he just average, if he was just average the calibre of teams wouldn't be pursuing him. Both of those teams have played Champions League football within the past few years.

That's what I was thinking. When a player over the age of 25 is out of contract in the summer they are free to speak to other clubs from other countires about signing a deal after their contract has expired.

Gudjonsson won't leave until the summer unless we let him and to let him go for free would be pointless. Wesolowski will take Joey's place but i'd rather keep Joey until the summer and give Weso a few months to settle in to the side.

Ready-made replacment IMO.

Bollocks is he just average, if he was just average the calibre of teams wouldn't be pursuing him. Both of those teams have played Champions League football within the past few years.

If akinbadbi was worth £5MILLION....its interesting how his game has improved so much in the months leading upto january.

Yeah but would you wanna player playing in your side that had already agreed terms with another club, I wouldn't. I mean we are in a relegation battle, and the last thing we want is not committed players, if he has signed for another club I don't reckon he'll play again for Leicester !

What can you get for a very average championship player?

If he's just a very average championship player how come a team 3rd in the top division in their country (granted the dutch league isn't exactly world-class) and in the knock-out stages of the UEFA cup are interested in signing him?

I think Levein will do as you wish. Any possible fee we might get for Joey in January will be so small that it pays to keep him til the summer when he will move on with a ready made replacement in Wesolowski.

Yeah but would you wanna player playing in your side that had already agreed terms with another club, I wouldn't. I mean we are in a relegation battle, and the last thing we want is not committed players, if he has signed for another club I don't reckon he'll play again for Leicester !

I don't think its in joey's nature to think like that TBH

It's not really any different to have a loan player, it would be down to his conscience. After all Smudger has no allegience to us but appears to be putting in the effort.

If akinbadbi was worth £5MILLION....its interesting how his game has improved so much in the months leading upto january.

Akinbiyi was never worth £5 million and I don't think Gudjonsson was ever worth £2.5-3 million but having said that he's certainly making an impression on big clubs, what with Betis signing him, then Villa and now PSV and AZ want him.

Akinbiyi certainly hasn't had clubs like that after him.

Archived