Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Joey signs for AZ Alkmaar?

City's influential midfielder Joey Gudjonsson looks set to stay with us at least until the summer.

Joey is out of contract in the summer and it was thought he may leave during the January transfer window with Dutch side AZ Alkmaar leading the chase for his signature.

Speaking on Radio Leicester before the Sheffield Wednesday debacle City manager Craig Levein had confirmed that he had no recieved no offers for Joey and that he was likely to stay.

Link

Does this indicate he will not be offering Joey a new contract in the summer? :cry:

City's influential midfielder Joey Gudjonsson looks set to stay with us at least until the summer.

Joey is out of contract in the summer and it was thought he may leave during the January transfer window with Dutch side AZ Alkmaar leading the chase for his signature.

Speaking on Radio Leicester before the Sheffield Wednesday debacle City manager Craig Levein had confirmed that he had no recieved no offers for Joey and that he was likely to stay.

Link

Does this indicate he will not be offering Joey a new contract in the summer? :cry:

If you can believe nice but dim Joey has been offered a contract, however nbd did say that he had signed it which seems to be untrue!

From Sky

Eredivisie outfit AZ Alkmaar have spoken to Joey Gudjonsson and are hopeful of concluding a deal for the midfielder.

The Leicester favourite has now been offered a deal by AZ and will have until the summer to decide whether to move to Holland on a Bosman.

AZ technical director Marcel Brands has confirmed that an offer has been put forward, with a decision not expected immediately.

“I can imagine that he waits on the situation for a while,'' said Brands.

“In the summer he is 26 years old and available on free transfer and that’s a very good status for a player of his calibre.

''We respect his provisional choice but we have good hope that he will choose for AZ.''

Gudjonsson is also a target for PSV Eindhoven but it is believed he favours a summer switch to AZ.

Sounds a bit contradictory, the first line reads to me that his provisional choice is not AZ but the second is quite explicit in favouring AZ. Oh well I suppose that sums up media conjecture. :dunno:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=35...ng+on+AZ+switch

looks like he could be of then, if its true. i think its wrong of the club to let him go on a free tho

It might be wrong, but blame John-Paul Bosman. We cannot command a fee for a player that is out of contract in the summer, he's over the age of 24. He won;t be leaving until the summer, we cannot get a fee unless he went now.

Archived