Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Joey signs for AZ Alkmaar?

Thats a fair and correct point, and I have no issue with him chatting to other teams, but the only reason you leak a story such as this is so that the club you are playing for knows you are leaving and releases you from your contract, call me a cynic ...

We live in the world with agents(sharks) now though buddy.

He signed for us nearly 6 years ago. He`d been at wolves for a year, and before that at bristol c. It was only at these 2 clubs where he made his name as a striker, couple of years.

What about Gillingham and Norwich.

Gudjonsson had only played for one club I think before Betis paid that for him?

Anyway where are we going with this point? You are very good at talkin bollocks until you confuse the other person, well done another person fooled.

I am sad to say you are correct my friend ... very sad but true :(

The fact remains we don't know who's released this information, it could be LCFC for all we know.

What about Gillingham and Norwich.

Gudjonsson had only played for one club I think before Betis paid that for him?

Anyway where are we going with this point? You are very good at talkin bollocks until you confuse the other person, well done another person fooled.

That's how lush 'wins' all his arguments, by confusion and subtefuge in the end people just give up - well I know I did - my head was so badly damaged from that brick wall :D

Well there are three possible scenarios:

1-He stays and signs another contract which is very unlikely.

2-He leaves in January and we get a fee probably around a Million.

3-He leaves in the Summer and we get nothing.

I think it depends on the Dutch club.

They might want to strengthen their squad to try and qualify for Champions League football next year so spending a Million may be worth the gamble, but not many Dutch sides can afford Million pound transfer fees so I would guess he'd leave in the summer.

I can't see how we'd get a million for Joey. He's played very well but he's Championship player out of contract in six months who we picked up for a free and quite possibly wants to leave. 500k possibly but probably less than that. Anyway, that article seems to hint at a pre-contract agreement rather than a move now.

As davieg says, we don't know who released this story. There is even the possibility that it could be Joey's agent trying to get him bigger deal at Leicester.

I'd take the million and use it to strengthen other areas such as leftback and right wing

we'd do well to get a million for him, £350k's probably more reasonable seeing as he's out of contract in 6 months time

Why would we sell him, he is by far or best player and we should be doing all we can to keep him. Williams cant run and we have no-one else to partner hughes in the centre.

ALso who is levein gonna get to replace him?

:angry: Another great deal by levien :angry::mad:

Whose to say we haven't offered hima new contract?

And whoever said Joey wouldn't be comitted because he is leaving for another club, get real, Joey is a model professional and will always give his all until the final whislte of his last game - just like Muzzy did.

we'd do well to get a million for him, £350k's probably more reasonable seeing as he's out of contract in 6 months time

He's note going to go for anything, he'll go on a free which makes it even worse. :mad:

Why would we sell him, he is by far or best player and we should be doing all we can to keep him. Williams cant run and we have no-one else to partner hughes in the centre.

:angry: Another great deal by levien :angry::mad:

We have wesolowski :thumbup:

Well there are three possible scenarios:

1-He stays and signs another contract which is very unlikely.

2-He leaves in January and we get a fee probably around a Million.

3-He leaves in the Summer and we get nothing.

I think it depends on the Dutch club.

They might want to strengthen their squad to try and qualify for Champions League football next year so spending a Million may be worth the gamble, but not many Dutch sides can afford Million pound transfer fees so I would guess he'd leave in the summer.

No chance! A million? No team would pay us that much when they can get him for **** all in 5 and a half months.

I think we really need a holding midfielder, kiso aint up to it, but joey isnt anyway, and we have hughes and weso, so letting joey go, isnt a bad thing. What we need to do with joey`s wages, is solid things with a midfield general (like a magilton, or dare i say lennon).

I think Joey wants to play for us, but at the same time he wants to play at a higher level and should be doing so. He might have his faults but he's better than the majority of footballers clouding the professional game and there will be fairly big clubs that want him. Leicester are in a tricky position because they probably can't afford to pay him the wages he's currently on and I doubt he'd take a pay-cut when the likes of PSV and AZ want him.

I would be sad to see him go as he's won me round big time this season with some fantastic performances, but James Wesolowski is about to be unleashed in to first team football and i'd want to see him as a first choice player anyway and Joey certainly wouldn't hang about on the bench next season.

Keeping Joey would only slow down James Wesolowski's progress. Someone with so much potential needs to be playing, not getting 20/25 minutes here and their.

I think we really need a holding midfielder, kiso aint up to it, but joey isnt anyway, and we have hughes and weso, so letting joey go, isnt a bad thing. What we need to do with joey`s wages, is solid things with a midfield general (like a magilton, or dare i say lennon).

I don't think we could afford Lennon either.

No chance! A million? No team would pay us that much when they can get him for **** all in 5 and a half months.

Depends! Remember they are challenging for a Champions League place and may think he's worth the gamble.

Dutch football has trouble attracting good players back to play in the Eredivision, the money is nowhere near what we pay in the Championship, unless it's the top 3 or 4 teams.

I was probably being too optimistic when I said a Million, but I doubt we'd let him go on the cheap before the summer, whats the point if we get nowt for him in Jan we might as well hold onto him til the summer where we'd get nowt anyway.

I don't think it would be such a bad thing to loss Gudjonsson; he's a decent player but not as good as either Williams or Hughes and Kisnorbo's better at the holding role than him. And of course we have Wesolowski to come through.

If we can get a fee for him then all the better, coupled with the cut in the wage bill.

Still, to lose him at this point in the season would upset the boat somewhat.

What can you get for a very average championship player?

Come on Lush. He didn't look very average against Spurs and it was his pass helped win us the game and the 'ackers that another round, at least, with bring with it.

Nor has he looked average in our League matches, being far and away the fans choice as "Most Consistent".

I should think he's been in the top three of posters match ratings virtually every game.

He's had greater and greater effect as the season has gone on and particularly since he's has been free to attack more. If everyone else had done their job as well as Joey we'd be in the top six not the bottom six.

I think Joey wants to play for us, but at the same time he wants to play at a higher level and should be doing so. He might have his faults but he's better than the majority of footballers clouding the professional game and there will be fairly big clubs that want him. Leicester are in a tricky position because they probably can't afford to pay him the wages he's currently on and I doubt he'd take a pay-cut when the likes of PSV and AZ want him.

I would be sad to see him go as he's won me round big time this season with some fantastic performances, but James Wesolowski is about to be unleashed in to first team football and i'd want to see him as a first choice player anyway and Joey certainly wouldn't hang about on the bench next season.

I think some of the posters going on about Weso need to get a sense of perpective about him, below is a link of his first team experience, not just at Leicester but anywhere!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43105.

I know the lad has potential but if you think he is going to take Joey's place overnight or even next season then you wanna wake up and smell the coffee!

Our current Midfielders are struggling this season and the way most of you are going on about him you'd think he only start playing again and we'd be promotion contenders!

Compare him with what Lee Morris has done!

I know who I'd want to see in the side first.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13754

I think some of the posters going on about Weso need to get a sense of perpective about him, below is a link of his first team experience, not just at Leicester but anywhere!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43105.

I know the lad has potential but if you think he is going to take Joey's place overnight or even next season then you wanna wake up and smell the coffee!

Our current Midfielders are struggling this season and the way most of you are going on about him you'd think he only start playing again and we'd be promotion contenders!

Some players are gifted enough to walk in to the first team and not look out of place, Stearman has pretty much done it with few errors and Wesolowski is even better than him. We aren't talking premiership and european football here (something Wesolowski will go on to play at, i'm sure of it) we are talking championship level football which he'll breeze through. He is very strong and won't be fazed by playing for Leicester, trust me.

Some players are gifted enough to walk in to the first team and not look out of place, Stearman has pretty much done it with few errors and Wesolowski is even better than him. We aren't talking premiership and european football here (something Wesolowski will go on to play at, i'm sure of it) we are talking championship level football which he'll breeze through. He is very strong and won't be fazed by playing for Leicester, trust me.

Im sorry but how can say you Wesolowski is better when they both play in completly different positions?

Archived