Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Tim Davies

because its a very simple decision he has to make.

back CL and say he is not going or sack him.

he did back him, and with money for fryatt! yet only a week or so later, no one wants to accept their decision

see how i mean they can't win? the only way they can is to just agree with the 'majority' and remember this is just a messageboard, but if they do just agree, why are they being paid for saying what the fans tell them :blink:

There was all the comotion about a press conference where people rumoured Levein was off

Howver, they've come out of it, Tim has said he is happy with Levein's plans and has given Levein the money for Fryatt.

Now if that isn't backing the manger then?

NO manager is guarenteed to stay no matter what.

giving CL money to spend is not publicly backing CL and saying he is not going.

some poeple have just assumed that , while others take it for meaning his time is numbered.

its creating ambiguity and does no one any favours.

Just sent this to Tim:

Dear Tim,

I know you must get a lot of emails with "Levein Out" etc basically being the main topic, so I will keep this (quite) short and (quite) sweet to hopefully not bore you. As demonstrated in recent games against Sheffield United and Spurs, we have a squad good enough to be flirting with the top 6. It is quite obvious that the players can motivate themselves to play against these big clubs, but can't motivate themselves to play against the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth etc.

I do actually think that Mr Levein has done quite well since being appointed manager here, as he has brought the squad age down considerably and brought in some players from the academy, and most of his transfers are very adequate for this division (perhaps excluding Kisnorbo). But, it is quite clear that he can't motivate the squad or even discipline the squad. We undoubtably have one of the best squads in this division and so our current league position is somewhat dire. I truely believe that even if we had the worlds best 11 players playing for us, we would still be in the position that we are in due to the lack of motivation and passion within the team. Perhaps bringing in someone with passion for Leicester City in a role working alongside Craig who could motivate the team would be a good idea? (Gary McAllister?) But one of the main jobs as a manager is to motivate the team, and if you can't do that properly, you aren't doing you're job properly. If you don't do you're job properly, you should be sacked. Managing a football club in many ways is just like managing a business, if the manager of a company couldnt motivate the team properly and they were performing below expectations and being productively inefficient, the board would have no questions but to sack the manager, so in what way is this different?

The other thing the team lacks is passion. The players out there obviously don't care for the team and have little passion, all of them knowing that no matter how they perform, they will always get that nice bulging pay cheque. Seeing as their only aim is money, how about bringing in win/performance bonuses? Or even better still, playing the youth academy because they all have passion for the club (as shown in the recent Arsenal Reserve match). What would we lose if we played the whole youth team? We are losing now so it wouldn't make a difference if we lost then. I believe that passion is just as important as ability, and someone with a lot of passion and not much ability (i.e. our academy players) would perform better than someone with a lot of ability and no passion.(i.e.our current first team).

I know sacking Craig Levein is not a financially viable option at the moment, but surely getting relegated into League One isn't either? And surely the constantly falling attendance gates isn't either? However, I do think that if you were to get some of your stewards round with buckets, I'm sure there would be enough of a whip round from the desperate supporters to fund enough to be able to sack Levein. I am sure that 20,000 fans would happily enough give money to the fund, as would thousands of other Leicester fans who don't go to the matches, because unlike the players, the club means a lot to the supporters. As for the question "But who would be able to keep us up?", well I would like personally like to see a determined, passionate manager with ENGLISH football experience. Dave Penney is the obvious choice, or maybe even Martin Allen, or John Gorman? I do realise that it would take quite a lot of money to pay off the clubs they are at but there are managers out there who are not employed at present. Names such as Kevin Keegan, Gary McAllister, or even Phil Thompson (ex Liverpool Assistant Manager) to name a few.

Anyway, thanks for taking you're time to read this, and look forward to your reply. I do realise that you aren't going to instantly sack Craig after reading this email, but I just wanted to point out how the supporters are feeling at the moment, and I just hope you and the board take the right and very necessary action to keep us in this division before it is too late. 17 games would be enough for a new manager to come in and keep us up. Leave it until 10 games left and you will be pushing it. After 2 shocking defeats, now is the perfect time. And if you do reply, instead of just "taking note of my points", please do something about them instead of just taking note of them. I know you are a Leicester City supporter through and through, and you don't want you're club to go the same way as Forest. Now is the right time.

Kind Regards

You got some kind of aggression problem?

Come on guys and gals, you have to realise there is a reason why we are fans, and he is the Chief Executive. The guy has always approached me as genuine and if ever there is an issue, as i have personally found out, he has offered his personal time to meet up with you to talk about it.

But as well as a fan, he has a money side to his brain, Levein has to go, yes, but i can only laugh at all the shouts for the board out? Correct me if i'm wrong, but is this board part of the consultium that saved the club? i don't know, I'm asking a genuine question as i didn't follow the financial and administration side of things. But Micky was wanted out, micky was given a ''mutual consent'' leave, Levein was a good choice in MANY peoples eyes, Levein was appointed (and swiftly). Why have a Board of Directors if they just do what the fans tell them to? Waste of money on wages if you ask me, if it's that easy and obvious why don't the fan's just sort it out, i fail to NOT find people on here that think they can do better jobs.

Just a very pissed off fan, who pumps large amounts of cash into the club every year.

I have met Tim Davies and he is very arrogant, snooty and thinks about one thing.......money. He doesn't give a flying f**k about LCFC's future.

SACK HIM AND LEVEIN!!!!!

You got some kind of aggression problem?

Come on guys and gals, you have to realise there is a reason why we are fans, and he is the Chief Executive. The guy has always approached me as genuine and if ever there is an issue, as i have personally found out, he has offered his personal time to meet up with you to talk about it.

Well all well and good, but if he wants to talk with me about all the issues I have with the club (off the pitch as well as on it) he'd better set at least half a day aside.

We shouldn't let gratitude for the rescue from administration cloud the issue of whether those currently in control of our club have what it takes to take it back to where it should be.

To date, they have given NO indication whatsoever that they do!

What i meant was if we dont get at a minimum of 2 points then the board have no choice but to sack him because of how far behind brighton we could/can be.

Today(vs Cardiff) was pretty irrelevant as brighton didn't pick up any points either. So i think Levein has to beat plymouth or the board have no other option but to sack him.

CHunx

I disagree completely. Today was a golden opportunity to take advantage of Brighton's loss, but as usual we've f**ked it up again. We can't write off today's game as being irrelevant because the nearest team above us lost - if we'd won today we would have climbed out of the relegation zone.

Just sent this to Tim:

Dear Tim,

I know.... However, I do think that if you were to get some of your stewards round with buckets, I'm sure there would be enough of a whip round from the desperate supporters to fund enough to be able to sack Levein. I am sure that 20,000 fans would happily enough give money to the fund, as would thousands of other Leicester fans who don't go to the matches, because unlike the players, the club means a lot to the supporters. .....

Yeah right - so to test your idea then, when the club was in administration why did just over 3,000 fans put their money into the Trust by becoming members. Others may have chucked coins into our buckets, but the initial grand total of all that was £100k.

Dream on

Yeah right - so to test your idea then, when the club was in administration why did just over 3,000 fans put their money into the Trust by becoming members. Others may have chucked coins into our buckets, but the initial grand total of all that was £100k.

Dream on

And how much would it take to get rid of levein?

Dream on

The fact that you're sneering at £100,000 - what did you expect? A few million quid to buy the club? Dream on yourselves.

People spent their hard earned money by donating to the Trust. Anything was better than nothing, and people don't have deep pockets like you expect.

Even if we did have a whip round and got £50,000 - that would be £50,000 that the club has saved in sacking Levein.

Dream on

oh look , the clubs unofficial mouthpiece :whistle:

Dream on

I hardly think coming onto the forums and posting snide remarks about an 'off the cuff' idea from a fan is appropriate behaviour from a body that is supposed to represent the fans views.

Of all the comments and ideas on this forum you single out this one to respond to? I don't see any other posts from you over the past couple of days despite the turmoil that is occuring within the fans and at the club.

Pathetic.

I disagree completely. Today was a golden opportunity to take advantage of Brighton's loss, but as usual we've f**ked it up again. We can't write off today's game as being irrelevant because the nearest team above us lost - if we'd won today we would have climbed out of the relegation zone.

How dare the foxes trust say that "people threw coins into the buckets"I watched elderly people put notes in them buckets people who couldn't afford it yet wanted to help save the club. You are a pompous load of self righteous know alls you really are.

Dream on

You have the nerve to say "others may have chucked coins in to our bucket" You never cease to amaze me. I know elderly people who had been supporting city for years who put notes in amounts they could not afford to help save our club.I bet they wish they hadn't been sucked in by you lot who weren't interested in saving just the club but to make a name for yourselves as "the fans voice" Not this fan i can tell you.

I hardly think coming onto the forums and posting snide remarks about an 'off the cuff' idea from a fan is appropriate behaviour from a body that is supposed to represent the fans views.

Of all the comments and ideas on this forum you single out this one to respond to? I don't see any other posts from you over the past couple of days despite the turmoil that is occuring within the fans and at the club.

Pathetic.

I totally agree. For a body who is meant to represent the fans - where are you now? Apart from posting snide remarks on here. People are trying to come up with ideas to raise money and all you do is slag them off!

Why aren't you asking the real questions of the club like for instance why is there empty advertising hoardings around the ground? Its not like we are rolling in cash. How come since coming out of administartion I am unable to recall an instant where someone from the board or fans trust has come out and said "look at this new investment we have obatined for the club" You are just as bad as the board - there for the publicity of saving the club but are now doing nothing.

Pathetic.

Agreed, the club is in the mire and the Foxes Trust representatives seem to be enjoying it!

I meant that NOW it doesn't really matter :blink:

Agreed, the club is in the mire and the Foxes Trust representatives seem to be enjoying it!

Fair enough to give them some stick, but to say they're enjoying it is taking it a step too far. I don't believe anyone who's connected to Leicester City is enjoying this in any way.

Dream on

Your post has disgusted me. :mad:

Archived