Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Tim Davies

I had a reply now. He avoided all my questions except possibly the last one which was regarding the consequence of relegation and gave me the phone # to speak to his PA, dissapointing.

My reply stated that as a board they are not prepared to accept Relegation and that they are already "actioning" contingency plans! Hmmm read into that what you will....

THey probably mean that they will ba having a few well chosen words with CL...phew well that will sort it then :cool:

My reply stated that as a board they are not prepared to accept Relegation and that they are already "actioning" contingency plans! Hmmm read into that what you will....

THey probably mean that they will ba having a few well chosen words with CL...phew well that will sort it then :cool:

Have just received my reply (below)

Thank you for your support and I note your views. I do not have a standard reply.

We as a board live in the real world are armed by virtue of our position with numerous facts about the managemnet the players their motovation our financial situation etc, we do see and hear what is going on and are prepared to do the right things for this club.

Kind regards

Tim

what tim nice but dim probably means is that the club are already preparing for life in div1 , costcutting and all the rest of it rather than carrying out action to stop us from dropping down a division.

they probably have a list of players ready to be offloaded and it wont be cheap crap like delump and kisnobo.

sent tim this

thought id try and ask a few questions but im sure il get the standard we will do everything to try to help our club.

<_< keep emailing the more he gets the more he realises people are joining the anti levein bandwagon. i beleive in numbers :thumbup:

Hi Tim

I am not going to rant on about how poor the team are because i think we can all see that for ourselves.I just have a few questions i would just like to ask of the club at the moment.

1) Why dont they sack the manager who has been in his job for around 17 months and taken us to our worst position in 14 years?

2) If you are going to back Craig for whatever reasons why wont you go public and explain your reasons to the fans?

3) Craig is still in the job is he only in the job at the moment whilst you look for a replacement or if not how do you see him getting us out of the position we are in which he has failed to do in the last 17 months?

kind regards

John

sent tim this

thought id try and ask a few questions but im sure il get the standard we will do everything to try to help our club.

<_< keep emailing the more he gets the more he realises people are joining the anti levein bandwagon. i beleive in numbers :thumbup:

Hi Tim

I am not going to rant on about how poor the team are because i think we can all see that for ourselves.I just have a few questions i would just like to ask of the club at the moment.

1) Why dont they sack the manager who has been in his job for around 17 months and taken us to our worst position in 14 years?

2) If you are going to back Craig for whatever reasons why wont you go public and explain your reasons to the fans?

3) Craig is still in the job is he only in the job at the moment whilst you look for a replacement or if not how do you see him getting us out of the position we are in which he has failed to do in the last 17 months?

kind regards

John

Being a bit Naive if you think your going to get anything like a straight answer to any of those questions mate.

1) the board will continue to act in favour of the clubs best interests.

2) the board would find it unproffesional to discuss the managers role in detail.

3) Ditto from above, except add that the board will let him do his own thing (in slightly more proffesional language.... its 12:30am I cant be F***ed) lol , and that they haven't been looking for a new manager

and even if they had mate, they sure as hell wouldn't tell you, or anyone else :thumbup:

If you bealive in numbers I would just send him e-mails stating your reasons for wanting Levein out and get the people you know to do so as well, and ignore the waffle that comes back. They will take more note of your mail then the reply lets on. So indeed ranting is maybe what you should have done :thumbup:

Being a bit Naive if you think your going to get anything like a straight answer to any of those questions mate.

1) the board will continue to act in favour of the clubs best interests.

2) the board would find it unproffesional to discuss the managers role in detail.

3) Ditto from above, except add that the board will let him do his own thing (in slightly more proffesional language.... its 12:30am I cant be F***ed) lol , and that they haven't been looking for a new manager

and even if they had mate, they sure as hell wouldn't tell you, or anyone else :thumbup:

If you bealive in numbers I would just send him e-mails stating your reasons for wanting Levein out and get the people you know to do so as well, and ignore the waffle that comes back. They will take more note of your mail then the reply lets on. So indeed ranting is maybe what you should have done :thumbup:

OK here we go, the full unedited letter and reply

Dear Tim

I am sure you will be currently besieged with emails from "fans" and the usual "rent a mob" that raise their heads over the parapet when things are difficult.

That said, I finally think it time that I "vent spleen"

I count myself as a mature, well adjusted individual whom in my line of work have to make judgements on people's suitability to a job.

Saturday was the last straw frankly, I am not here to hound Craig from his job and I also understand that you and the board are even more acutely aware of the predicament we are in.

It would appear however that there seems to be a motivation issue within the team.

Craig has done an amazing job in just over a year in terms of building a fantastic talented, young and frankly in comparative terms "cheap" squad, compared to those squads in this current league we should be FAR higher up the league.

The result against Spurs was amazing not only because it was a wonderful spectacle, but also when you look at the performances prior and the one since.

If the issue is Motivation, clearly any of our squad would be "Up for" the game against Spurs, a big club, chance of an upset and of course the chance to be in the Televisual shop window.

Our problem seems to be able to be "up" for the bread and butter, week in - week out, dour battles with the scrapping Championship clubs.

If Craig has problems motivating the team then I can only see 2 solutions.

1) Release him from his duties

2) Bring in a motivational coach to work alongside.

I realise that the major issues lie at the Players feet, but ultimately it is impossible to sack a team.

I have one question and one question only, are the board prepared to accept Relegation to League 1 as part of Craig's contract and rebuilding process, in which case are there contingencies in place for the low gates and possible difficulties in getting out of that league... if not, when are the board likely to take the appropriate action.

I write this with the best intentions, as a long frustrated fan, but one who understands the difficulties that you are facing.

With kindest regards

Jankers

PS I find it reprehensible that the 2000 fans were not given any acknowledgement after the game on Saturday by players or coaching staff. A small yet not insignificant point.

THE REPLY

Thank you for your support of the club and for your reasonned and sensible e mail below. I agree with many of your points and in instilling a motivated winning mentality. Your points are effectively being actionned. We are as a board not prepared to accept relegation to League One, we do have many contingency plans.

I note your point re players actions at the end of the game on Saturday and will be taking this up as this was unacceptable. I would like to thank you on their behalf and am hopeful this was an aberration caused by the result.

Kind regards

Tim

Just returned Tim Davies' email in which he left his PA's phone number inviting me to set up a meeting with him.

Unfortunatly I cannot meet him until the QPR game at earliest, so I invited him to log onto Foxestalk for maybe half hour.

He's just got back to me thanking me for the idea so watch this space.............

I said it would be a good bit of PR for the club and the best time to log on would be 5pm-ish, anyone think he will?

OK here we go, the full unedited letter and reply

Dear Tim

I am sure you will be currently besieged with emails from "fans" and the usual "rent a mob" that raise their heads over the parapet when things are difficult.

That said, I finally think it time that I "vent spleen"

I count myself as a mature, well adjusted individual whom in my line of work have to make judgements on people's suitability to a job.

Saturday was the last straw frankly, I am not here to hound Craig from his job and I also understand that you and the board are even more acutely aware of the predicament we are in.

It would appear however that there seems to be a motivation issue within the team.

Craig has done an amazing job in just over a year in terms of building a fantastic talented, young and frankly in comparative terms "cheap" squad, compared to those squads in this current league we should be FAR higher up the league.

The result against Spurs was amazing not only because it was a wonderful spectacle, but also when you look at the performances prior and the one since.

If the issue is Motivation, clearly any of our squad would be "Up for" the game against Spurs, a big club, chance of an upset and of course the chance to be in the Televisual shop window.

Our problem seems to be able to be "up" for the bread and butter, week in - week out, dour battles with the scrapping Championship clubs.

If Craig has problems motivating the team then I can only see 2 solutions.

1) Release him from his duties

2) Bring in a motivational coach to work alongside.

I realise that the major issues lie at the Players feet, but ultimately it is impossible to sack a team.

I have one question and one question only, are the board prepared to accept Relegation to League 1 as part of Craig's contract and rebuilding process, in which case are there contingencies in place for the low gates and possible difficulties in getting out of that league... if not, when are the board likely to take the appropriate action.

I write this with the best intentions, as a long frustrated fan, but one who understands the difficulties that you are facing.

With kindest regards

Jankers

PS I find it reprehensible that the 2000 fans were not given any acknowledgement after the game on Saturday by players or coaching staff. A small yet not insignificant point.

THE REPLY

Thank you for your support of the club and for your reasonned and sensible e mail below. I agree with many of your points and in instilling a motivated winning mentality. Your points are effectively being actionned. We are as a board not prepared to accept relegation to League One, we do have many contingency plans.

I note your point re players actions at the end of the game on Saturday and will be taking this up as this was unacceptable. I would like to thank you on their behalf and am hopeful this was an aberration caused by the result.

Kind regards

Tim

Make no mistake, Levein will be got rid of if we lose on saturday and tuesday. Davies can't make statements like that and then let Levein off the hook. I think the board, like the majority of the fans have been slow on the uptake on Levein and it's only now that they have realised the situation we are in. Although I think it's time for Levein to leave, there is a small chance he could win those 2 games when his back is against the wall. He did a similar thing at Hearts once or twice when they were rumoured to want him out, uncanny.

Make no mistake, Levein will be got rid of if we lose on saturday and tuesday. Davies can't make statements like that and then let Levein off the hook. I think the board, like the majority of the fans have been slow on the uptake on Levein and it's only now that they have realised the situation we are in. Although I think it's time for Levein to leave, there is a small chance he could win those 2 games when his back is against the wall. He did a similar thing at Hearts once or twice when they were rumoured to want him out, uncanny.

I certainly think if he is to go then the board shouldn't let the FA Cup cloud their vision, get someone in before we play Soton because if he's still in charge then and we win that game there's no getting rid!

Just returned Tim Davies' email in which he left his PA's phone number inviting me to set up a meeting with him.

Unfortunatly I cannot meet him until the QPR game at earliest, so I invited him to log onto Foxestalk for maybe half hour.

He's just got back to me thanking me for the idea so watch this space.............

I said it would be a good bit of PR for the club and the best time to log on would be 5pm-ish, anyone think he will?

I'd be inclined to say no.

But wouldn't be surprised if another fake turned up.

Let's hope your right, cus it just seems like 'lip service' to me!!

I'd be inclined to say no.

But wouldn't be surprised if another fake turned up.

Well tbh he never said he would, but you never know!

I do like the way he recieves our emails and replies to them.

I think the replies are all genuine, but at the same time I don't think he would for one minute act on any advice given by us, but at the same time if enough people state their displeasure he may act sooner rather then later.

Well tbh he never said he would, but you never know!

I do like the way he recieves our emails and replies to them.

I think the replies are all genuine, but at the same time I don't think he would for one minute act on any advice given by us, but at the same time if enough people state their displeasure he may act sooner rather then later.

I hope these replies are being written by his PA, or a PR person.

Frankly if our CEO has nothing better to do with his time at this crisis point then I'm worried. He should have someone fielding these queries and then giving him an overview. We don't pay the guy to read emails from fans.

Frankly if our CEO has nothing better to do with his time at this crisis point then I'm worried. He should have someone fielding these queries and then giving him an overview. We don't pay the guy to read emails from fans.

Surely we have a press officer. They'll all come from him or her and they'll be pretty much stock replies, already worked out by Davies and the club. The standard of replies all depends on how clever the press officer is.

Surely we have a press officer. They'll all come from him or her and they'll be pretty much stock replies, already worked out by Davies and the club. The standard of replies all depends on how clever the press officer is.

I don't know who they come from, but they are definitely not stock replies.

........and why shouldn't he read emails from disgruntled fans, it's not as if he is in the cut and thrust of big business.

Taking time to read and send emails to fans takes no time at all and wouldn't or shouldn't prevent him from doing his everyday job!

........and why shouldn't he read emails from disgruntled fans, it's not as if he is in the cut and thrust of big business.

Taking time to read and send emails to fans takes no time at all and wouldn't or shouldn't prevent him from doing his everyday job!

That would depends how many he gets!

Waste of resources. Why not get him to type his own letters at the same time. Oh and if he could make the coffee, write all his own presentations and get down to the canteen and help out I'm sure someone else will fill in with the decision making, leadership and guidance that he is paid to provide... :blink:

Archived