Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Tim Davies

sent tim this

thought id try and ask a few questions but im sure il get the standard we will do everything to try to help our club.

<_< keep emailing the more he gets the more he realises people are joining the anti levein bandwagon. i beleive in numbers :thumbup:

Hi Tim

I am not going to rant on about how poor the team are because i think we can all see that for ourselves.I just have a few questions i would just like to ask of the club at the moment.

1) Why dont they sack the manager who has been in his job for around 17 months and taken us to our worst position in 14 years?

2) If you are going to back Craig for whatever reasons why wont you go public and explain your reasons to the fans?

3) Craig is still in the job is he only in the job at the moment whilst you look for a replacement or if not how do you see him getting us out of the position we are in which he has failed to do in the last 17 months?

kind regards

John

Thank you for your support of the club.

You are right Craig is accountable for results, motivation of the team etc and

is held to account. If these dont improve this is unacceptable.

At present one of our main issues has been goalscoring. We have recently

purchased a goalscorer who hopefully will start for us for the first time on

saturday and will either himself or by his presence mean the team scores when on

top and by doing so restore confidence.

We will as a board do all we need to do to give us the best possible chance of

staying up whilst ensuring the club is financially still alive.

Kind regards

Tim

saturday and will either himself or by his presence mean the team scores when on

Kind regards

Tim

I'd say mr Levein has a hard week infront of him.

Kind regards

Tim

I don't like this bit at all :unsure:

I've just thought how the board are approaching this based on that reply, Davis has let on to much info there.

giving Levein the money to go out and buy a striker wasn't the board backing Craig at all, they probabley have his comp money stored away. I think its pretty much a last chance saloon kind of situation they've put him in. such as " right Craig were not doing very well, you keep blaming it on the fact we dont have a striker, here's some money, buy one, if that doesn't improve the results, see ya later"

So Craig buys Fryatt who is 19, and then tells us all he isn't the clubs saviour. Davis seems to have a differnt ideas

top and by doing so restore confidence

:whistle: Unless Davis is outright lying, I would say Craig is three straight defeat away from the sack at most.

I've just thought how the board are approaching this based on that reply, Davis has let on to much info there.

giving Levein the money to go out and buy a striker wasn't the board backing Craig at all, they probabley have his comp money stored away. I think its pretty much a last chance saloon kind of situation they've put him in. such as " right Craig were not doing very well, you keep blaming it on the fact we dont have a striker, here's some money, buy one, if that doesn't improve the results, see ya later"

So Craig buys Fryatt who is 19, and then tells us all he isn't the clubs saviour. Davis seems to have a differnt ideas

top and by doing so restore confidence

:whistle: Unless Davis is outright lying, I would say Craig is three straight defeat away from the sack at most.

Good! Come on Cardiff, Plymouth and QPR!

Good! Come on Cardiff, Plymouth and QPR!

Can you imagine what position we would be in we did lose to these teams? I cant imagine any following manager would be able to turn it around then. Think about the bigger picture for fecks sake!

As for Tim im not sticking up for him but if you imagine how many emails he must have had since saturday and he's replied to everyone (we've all had replies on here so others must have as well) fair play to him. I just hope he seriously has taken all our comments on board and acts on them.

Can you imagine what position we would be in we did lose to these teams? I cant imagine any following manager would be able to turn it around then. Think about the bigger picture for fecks sake!

As for Tim im not sticking up for him but if you imagine how many emails he must have had since saturday and he's replied to everyone (we've all had replies on here so others must have as well) fair play to him. I just hope he seriously has taken all our comments on board and acts on them.

My sentiments exactly. Well said... :thumbup:

This is what pisses me off most about our plight; people actually wanting us to lose and make our position worse just to get rid of the manager.

Do people not realise that if we avoid relelgation by the skin of our teeth, Levein's position at the club is still not tenable? If I was on the board, I would be asking serious questions, and would be very tempted to push, even with the Great Escape.

reading some of the responses, i get the feeling that alot more than just 6 points are at stake against cardiff and plymouth. i didn't think there was any chance of levein being sacked by this board, but now i'm not so sure, the pressure is building.

I think if we dont't get at least 2 points from the next to games then they have to say ta'ra to Cl, the plymouth game is HUGE as it's our game in hand over brighton.

I'm sure i wont be the only very, very nervous :ermm: person listening on the radio :yawn::thumbup:

CHunx

I think if we dont't get at least 2 points from the next to games then they have to say ta'ra to Cl, the plymouth game is HUGE as it's our game in hand over brighton.

I'm sure i wont be the only very, very nervous :ermm: person listening on the radio :yawn::thumbup:

CHunx

You'd settle for 2 points???? Unbelievable. We are already 2 points behind 4th bottom so even if we did pick up 2 points we'd have to hope Brighton lost both games, just to get level on points with them.

We need 4 points minimum from the next 2 games.

problem here is it keeps getting delayed, he should have been gone after crewe and millwall, and the sheff wed game was massive, now its the cardiff and plymouth games, if we lose both of these or even draw then we will all be saying the game after is the crunchpoint, the goalposts keep moving.

Tim does read the emails, and Tim replies.

And that's to his credit. Many chief executives wouldn't bother. He's responded, or his representative has, and quite emphatically in some ways. He seems to have the same doubts as the fans really, namely that it's easyish to sack someone but you still have to get a replacement who will sort the problem.

From the OS. :D;):thumbup:

Source

0,,10274~2800782,00.jpg

Message From Tim Davies

The Leicester City Chief Executive speaks to fans ahead of the club's crucial Championship clash against Cardiff at the Walkers Stadium.....

Welcome to our first home Championship game of 2006 and I'd personally like to thank you for all your support now and throughout 2005. You make our club.

Many of us will want to put last year behind us from a league result point of view.

The results have been poor and have to improve. Curiously our results in cup games have been significantly better as reflected against Spurs earlier this month.

The need to repeat these cup successes in our remaining league matches this season is imperative.

As a board and the Chief Executive, I have received much and varied correspondence over the past month with regards to our current league position.

Thank you for this correspondence. It is always useful and thought provoking. Our results are unacceptable and it is clear on what we need to deliver.

We are all fully aware that this club has never been relegated to League One.

Indeed many of us were there at the infamous Oxford match and the Tony James goal. I can personally remember it like it was yesterday.

When Craig (Levein) came here we set out on a strategy to build the foundations for permanent long term success i.e.

- Players on longer term contracts, living locally who want to do well for the club

- Development of younger players through the Academy system

- Reduction of the average age of playing squad

- Sustainable off-field business development to support the club

- Financial prudence - living within our means

We have made considerable progress against this strategy. However none of us envisaged the current position we find ourselves in.

The priority and duty now is staying up whilst ensuring the club is not put in financial jeopardy. This is not an easy nor comfortable balancing act.

Whilst I agree results are everything and in talking to many contacts in football, the general consensus is that our main issue is scoring goals.

This is supported by the Football League statistics. We are half way up the goals conceded league status table (whilst not what is required, it is not disastrous).

We are top of the shots on target and hit the woodwork tables but bottom of the chances converted table (around 15%) whilst Reading and Sheffield are above 30%. Most clubs are above 20%.

I know that stats are not everything and that many have concerns over motivation, strength and the team etc.

However whilst not ignoring theses issues we have initially gone down the route of buying Matty Fryatt to help improve our goal ratio and to provide further competition for players to score goals.

Matty will hopefully be making his first full start this afternoon (Welcome to Matty - no pressure!).

I can assure you that the players and management team are also fully aware of their responsibilities to all of us.

I ask you please, at least for the matches themselves, to get behind the team.

Including today, we have nine more home league games this season.

We all, despite different and passionate views, have one common goal, to get our football club winning and winning now.

There has never been a more crucial time to support your Leicester City.

I can assure you that the players and management team are also fully aware of their responsibilities to all of us.

I ask you please, at least for the matches themselves, to get behind the team.

Including today, we have nine more home league games this season.

We all, despite different and passionate views, have one common goal, to get our football club winning and winning now.

There has never been a more crucial time to support your Leicester City.

So what do you mean Tim? Read in to it what you will

He is basically mirroring craig's comments and to me it says craig is going nowhere so just grit your teeth and back us all the way to the end.

If that's the case then he needs to clear off as well. Maybe a few "Davies out" chants from the stands might focus his mind better. The longer this goes on the more you have to link them together.....sort of like Pleat and Shipman.

If that's the case then he needs to clear off as well. Maybe a few "Davies out" chants from the stands might focus his mind better. The longer this goes on the more you have to link them together.....sort of like Pleat and Shipman.

I have to agree, although i don't particualy want davies out (not that i would be sorry too se him leave) If a few chants make the twat think about Levein position then it can only be a good thing.

But remember - he was largely responsible for bringing the ****wit to our club in the first place.

Getting rid will involve him having to admit he made a mistake in doing that.

There are some things (like communicating with fans) TD does well.

But there are other times when he comes across like Barrie Pierpoint Mark 2!

You'd settle for 2 points???? Unbelievable. We are already 2 points behind 4th bottom so even if we did pick up 2 points we'd have to hope Brighton lost both games, just to get level on points with them.

We need 4 points minimum from the next 2 games.

What i meant was if we dont get at a minimum of 2 points then the board have no choice but to sack him because of how far behind brighton we could/can be.

Today(vs Cardiff) was pretty irrelevant as brighton didn't pick up any points either. So i think Levein has to beat plymouth or the board have no other option but to sack him.

CHunx

[email protected]

I urge everyone to email the bastard!!!!!!!!

You got some kind of aggression problem?

Come on guys and gals, you have to realise there is a reason why we are fans, and he is the Chief Executive. The guy has always approached me as genuine and if ever there is an issue, as i have personally found out, he has offered his personal time to meet up with you to talk about it.

But as well as a fan, he has a money side to his brain, Levein has to go, yes, but i can only laugh at all the shouts for the board out? Correct me if i'm wrong, but is this board part of the consultium that saved the club? i don't know, I'm asking a genuine question as i didn't follow the financial and administration side of things. But Micky was wanted out, micky was given a ''mutual consent'' leave, Levein was a good choice in MANY peoples eyes, Levein was appointed (and swiftly). Why have a Board of Directors if they just do what the fans tell them to? Waste of money on wages if you ask me, if it's that easy and obvious why don't the fan's just sort it out, i fail to NOT find people on here that think they can do better jobs.

Archived