Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Tim Davies

It will cost £500k to pay Levein's contract up, then you've got Houston and Black who would go aswell. Kelly would probably stay as he was bought in at the request of the club.

Knocking on £750k for the lot, Joey won't fetch that much. Then if we get a manager from another club it's probably going to cost us £100-200k.

Connolly's money wiped out.

Shite :(

Im with you on the Rob Kelly until the end of the season thought though, I think thats the way we are going to have to go if we get rid of CL.

Joey's leaving on a free in the summer i'm afraid.

Yes you are quite right :(

Ha ha ha ha ha... selling Stearman to get rid of CL and getting Gregory in to replace him. RIGHTEO!!

The board would never of sanctioned the move for Fryatt if that was the case.

When has anyone said in this thread that they believed these rumours? Its generally a rumour thats flying around the club, I would hate for John Gregory to come in but im thinking the selling of Stearman could well have some substance :(

Ha ha ha ha ha... selling Stearman to get rid of CL and getting Gregory in to replace him. RIGHTEO!!

The board would never of sanctioned the move for Fryatt if that was the case.

Depends though doesn't it. Matty Fryatt has talent. We got him for a snip. If he scores goals to save the club they can always re-sell him and generate more cash.

When has anyone said in this thread that they believed these rumours? Its generally a rumour thats flying around the club, I would hate for John Gregory to come in but im thinking the selling of Stearman could well have some substance :(

I meet John a few years ago. He told me I looked like Steve Davies. I was horrified. He did seem like a nice bloke and you could talk to him though. Unlike our current manager.

When have I said I thought anyone believed it?????????

All I did was laugh at a bloody rumour, Jesus.

I meet John a few years ago. He told me I looked like Steve Davies. I was horrified. He did seem like a nice bloke and you could talk to him though. Unlike our current manager.

Strikes me as a bloke who wouldn't take any crap. Showed a complete lack of understanding with Collymore though, said something like "What's he got to be depressed about, he earns £20k a week". Idiotic statement if ever I heard one.

Depends though doesn't it. Matty Fryatt has talent. We got him for a snip. If he scores goals to save the club they can always re-sell him and generate more cash.

If they thought Levein was the problem and that getting rid would help us stay up, then surely they would have used the money on getting rid rather than letting him buy someone else??

If they thought Levein was the problem and that getting rid would help us stay up, then surely they would have used the money on getting rid rather than letting him buy someone else??

I don't think they want to get rid of him.

More than likely, but the more games we lose the more the fans will get on his back. Our board seem clueless and perhaps it's suddenly dawning on them that this chap is taking us down.

Foxes_Trust has already confirmed the board would never appoint Gregory (obviously an under-lying issue from before - I seem to recall he applied for the job when Adams left and was no doubt interviewed) but selling a player to generate cash as a continguency plan might well be true and it's common knowledge Stearman has admirers.

More than likely, but the more games we lose the more the fans will get on his back. Our board seem clueless and perhaps it's suddenly dawning on them that this chap is taking us down.

Foxes_Trust has already confirmed the board would never appoint Gregory (obviously an under-lying issue from before - I seem to recall he applied for the job when Adams left and was no doubt interviewed) but selling a player to generate cash as a continguency plan might well be true and it's common knowledge Stearman has admirers.

Stearman is one of the brightest prospects in this league. We've got to remember this guy is only 18.

Stearman is one of the brightest prospects in this league. We've got to remember this guy is only 18.

I know that! Where in my post has it indicated I don't think he is?

The fact is it might well be that the board need to balance the books with the impending relegation and Stearman is the most sellable asset. I'd be horrified if he was sold as he's shown many times this season that he's our most consistent defender and especially as the board have just given Levein x amount of money to sign a striker only to have to sell someone to balance the books.

It's just a rumour, let's hope it's as legitimate as the Mr Teriyaki one.

I know that! Where in my post has it indicated I don't think he is?

The fact is it might well be that the board need to balance the books with the impending relegation and Stearman is the most sellable asset. I'd be horrified if he was sold as he's shown many times this season that he's our most consistent defender and especially as the board have just given Levein x amount of money to sign a striker only to have to sell someone to balance the books.

It's just a rumour, let's hope it's as legitimate as the Mr Teriyaki one.

Sorry Ric. That post wasn't directed at you.

I was just more pointing to the fact he'd be a big loss as the guy is only 18.

Unfortuantely when you perform as well has he has done this season, bigger teams tend to notice you. He'd be up there with Joey for me as player of the season.

Sorry Ric. That post wasn't directed at you.

I was just more pointing to the fact he'd be a big loss as the guy is only 18.

Unfortuantely when you perform as well has he has done this season, bigger teams tend to notice you. He'd be up there with Joey for me as player of the season.

Agreed, he's a joy to watch.

I got a reply from Tim today he says "Thank you for your support and concerns". Didn't really expect much else to be fair, atleast he took the time to reply. I didn't expect him to as I felt I put forward a good yet fair argument.

He's most likely got that on auto reply now. :D

I emailed this to Tim Davies on Saturday:

Dear Tim,

I am a young Leicester fan of 22 years old. I for one have never seen this club in a more shambolic state. Even when David Pleat was in charge in the early 90's, the football was still there. To me and to many fans I talk to Craig Levein is an poor excuse for a football manager and why the board is backing him, I just don't understand!!! The attendances are appaling and believe me are gonna get a lot worse.

On a brighter note, I think Matty Fryatt is an excellent addition to the squad but

the time has now come Tim to relieve Craig Levein of his duties not just for the fans sake but for the future of this prestigious club.

Yours Sincerely,

A Very Concerned Leicester City Fan (Guy)

...and I got back this today:

Without trying to sound like a standard response thank you for your support and I note your views.

Tim

dear mr davies,

after many years of supporting city, after watching the poor performance served up on the pitch against cardiff , i will no longer support city while mr levein is manager of this club.

got your e-mail. thankyou for supporting city

Three things off this thread -

1) Foxes Trust - words fail me you really are worse at PR than Paul Mace ever was and that takes some doing. What a shower you currently are, what efforts have you made increase your membership when the Club needs it's fans more than ever?

2) Rob Kelly - part of the problem he should go too. He was brought in by the Club and to be honest he's been bloody awful, I wonder if they hadn't meddled and let CL do his job with his people if we'd be in this state? Too many people with their own agenda's all undermining the manager and all brought together by Tim Davies.......... work it out!!!

3) Emailing Tim Davies - what a complete waste of time, he hasn't got the first clue what to do, instead of sending 3 line responses he should be out doing his job of attracting new investors and raising the profile of the Club.

Three things off this thread -

1) Foxes Trust - words fail me you really are worse at PR than Paul Mace ever was and that takes some doing. What a shower you currently are, what efforts have you made increase your membership when the Club needs it's fans more than ever?

2) Rob Kelly - part of the problem he should go too. He was brought in by the Club and to be honest he's been bloody awful, I wonder if they hadn't meddled and let CL do his job with his people if we'd be in this state? Too many people with their own agenda's all undermining the manager and all brought together by Tim Davies.......... work it out!!!

3) Emailing Tim Davies - what a complete waste of time, he hasn't got the first clue what to do, instead of sending 3 line responses he should be out doing his job of attracting new investors and raising the profile of the Club.

I disagree, It's nice to get a reply, I'm framing mine :P

Archived