Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Kevin Keegan

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Keegan managing Leicester.

Here is an extract from his profile on the LMA site:

That return came in 1992 when he came to the rescue of Newcastle United, who were floundering in the lower reaches of the Football League’s second tier and looking likely to be relegated again after Ossie Ardiles’ turbulent reign at St James’ Park. The task was a massive one when he took over with 19 games of the season remaining, but with assistant Terry McDermott, they accepted and beat the challenge, more than doubling the average attendance in the process.

Just made me wonder wheher he could do it here. His record overall isn't as bad as people make out, he got more stick than most due to his high profile as a player and his disapointing England spell.

Newcastle

Rescued the club from a dire mess to keep them up in the old Div One, the next season he won promotion to the Premiership where in their first season back he steered them to 3rd in the table. Next followed a 6th place finished and then they squandered a 12 point lead to finish 2nd in 95/96. Not bad going.

Fulham

Won promotion from the 2nd Division as champions, in doing so earned himself the job as England manager.

England

With a very poor pool of England players to select from, KK lead England to Euro 2000 but the tournament ended in misery despite a famous win against Germany.

Manchester City

In his first season for Manchester City he stormed to the Division One championship scoring 108 goals and collecting 99 points. Just like at Newcastle, Man City had a succesful first season back in the top flight by finishing 9th. Various mid table finishes followed along with European football before Keegan left in 2005.

I reckon Keegan would be a sound choice as manager.....or have I eventually become desperate?

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Keegan managing Leicester.

Here is an extract from his profile on the LMA site:

Just made me wonder wheher he could do it here. His record overall isn't as bad as people make out, he got more stick than most due to his high profile as a player and his disapointing England spell.

Newcastle

Rescued the club from a dire mess to keep them up in the old Div One, the next season he won promotion to the Premiership where in their first season back he steered them to 3rd in the table. Next followed a 6th place finished and then they squandered a 12 point lead to finish 2nd in 95/96. Not bad going.

Fulham

Won promotion from the 2nd Division as champions, in doing so earned himself the job as England manager.

England

With a very poor pool of England players to select from, KK lead England to Euro 2000 but the tournament ended in misery despite a famous win against Germany.

Manchester City

In his first season for Manchester City he stormed to the Division One championship scoring 108 goals and collecting 99 points. Just like at Newcastle, Man City had a succesful first season back in the top flight by finishing 9th. Various mid table finishes followed along with European football before Keegan left in 2005.

I reckon Keegan would be a sound choice as manager.....or have I eventually become desperate?

I have to ask the question why do you think that Kevin Keegan would want to come to Leicester?

I have to ask the question why do you think that Kevin Keegan would want to come to Leicester?

...because I'm sure he's eager to get back into management. No Premiership clubs will touch him so he has no choice really but to look to the Championship.

Also it's a no-lose situation at Leicester, if we went down with him Levein would still get blamed but if he keeps us up he'll be a hero.

...because I'm sure he's eager to get back into management. No Premiership clubs will touch him so he has no choice really but to look to the Championship.

Also it's a no-lose situation at Leicester, if we went down with him Levein would still get blamed but if he keeps us up he'll be a hero.

To be fair though, it was really Micky Adams' squad he promotod when at Fulham...

I WOULD LOVE IT IF HE CAME HERE,LOVE IT!

Nah seriously, didnt he say when he left Man City that was his last job in football?

He's still on the list of available managers on the LMA site, I'm presuming that is a list of LMA members so if he's still registered with the LMA then he clearly still has management ambitions.

He's a quitter!

That's not a bad thing - he knows when his time's up! Unlike a certain Scottish bloke closer to home :(

As for Keegan, he wouldn't come here. And we don't have enough (any) money for him to spend - Keegan has always had loads of money at every club he's been at, and that's a major reason for his success.

Archived