Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

All we have to do is win 10 of the next 17 games!

And we'll be guaranteed safety!! :cry:

Here' the list:

Plymouth (A)

QPR (A)

Wolves (H)

Brighton (A)

Derby (H)

Leeds (H)

Ipswitch (A)

Hull (H)

Luton (A)

Millwall (A)

Reading (H)

Norwich (A)

Palace (H)

Preston (H)

Cov (A)

Plymouth (H)

Southampton (A)

Now, Who's feeling more confident of survival??? :ph34r:

i doubt we'll have to win that many.

can you see crewe, millwall or brighton winning that many games?

we may be rescued by the shitness of our relegation candidates, perhaps we won't need to reach the 50 points mark.

Here' the list:

Plymouth (A)

QPR (A)

Wolves (H)

Brighton (A)

Derby (H)

Leeds (H)

Ipswitch (A)

Hull (H)

Luton (A)

Millwall (A)

Reading (H)

Norwich (A)

Palace (H)

Preston (H)

Cov (A)

Plymouth (H)

Southampton (A)

Well considering we have only won one away game this season and i can only see two possible wins at home(at my most optimistic) out of that lot, we are focked :cry:

i doubt we'll have to win that many.

can you see crewe, millwall or brighton winning that many games?

we may be rescued by the shitness of our relegation candidates, perhaps we won't need to reach the 50 points mark.

Let's hope we don't need to reach 50 points cos can you see how we're gonna get there with those fixtures?

*sigh* Im guessing me and Lisa will be having a 'who's crying the most competition' on the way back from Plymouth tomorrow :(

I know football is unpredicable but how the hell are we going to win another 10 games? We've only won 5 all season and none of those have been back-to-back victories. It wasnt as bad as this in the Pleat era, we had players with fire in their bellies and a bit of fight at least.

This is the worst season ever FACT! :cry:

Here' the list:

Plymouth (A) L

QPR (A) L

Wolves (H) L

Brighton (A) D

Derby (H) D

Leeds (H) L

Ipswich (A) L

Hull (H) D

Luton (A) L

Millwall (A) D

Reading (H) L

Norwich (A) L

Palace (H) L

Preston (H) L

Cov (A) D

Plymouth (H) W

Southampton (A) D

I predict 9 more points with Levein in charge!!!!

Plymouth (A) - Lose

QPR (A) - Draw

Wolves (H) - Draw

Brighton (A) - Win

Derby (H) -Win

Leeds (H) - Draw

Ipswich (A) - Win

Hull (H) - Win

Luton (A) - Draw

Millwall (A) - Draw

Reading (H) - Lose

Norwich (A) - Win

Palace (H) - Lose

Preston (H) - Draw

Cov (A) - Win

Plymouth (H) - Win

Southampton (A) - Draw

Gotta love my optimism there dont ya? :cool:

Thats the kind of finish we've got to be looking at in order to stay up though. :cry:

*sigh* Im guessing me and Lisa will be having a 'who's crying the most competition' on the way back from Plymouth tomorrow :(

I know football is unpredicable but how the hell are we going to win another 10 games? We've only won 5 all season and none of those have been back-to-back victories. It wasnt as bad as this in the Pleat era, we had players with fire in their bellies and a bit of fight at least.

This is the worst season ever FACT! :cry:

Yay!

It's hard to predict what we need at this stage. As rightly pointed out, we probably won't need 50 points because I can't see our relegation rivals picking up that many. I imagine 7 wins, mixed in with a couple of draws would be enough.

I can't see where our next win is coming from, never mind 7 of the ****ers!

Has it really come to this? Hoping that other teams lose, because we know that we won't get anything either.

What a sad state we're in.

Getting so bad that as soon as Koumas put the ball down on Saturday, you just knew that it was going to be a goal. For all the good that our defending did, we may as well have just let him take a free shot.

Getting so bad that as soon as Koumas put the ball down on Saturday, you just knew that it was going to be a goal. For all the good that our defending did, we may as well have just let him take a free shot.

It was suicide! Nils knows what a player like Koumas can do so what was he thinking of doing that stupid push on the edge of the box? :mad: Its things like that that need cutting out if we want to stay up!

To put the topic into perspective we've only won 10 league games out of the last 41! 9 at home and 1 away stretching right back to January 3rd 2005 against QPR.

Over the last 10 seasons the team that has finished 4th from bottom has done so with between 49 and 52 points so if we're aiming for a safe points total let's say 52.

That means we need to get the same number of points in the last 17 games as we've got in the first 29. That's got to be some big improvement and it's got to start tomorrow. I can't get my head around beating Sheff U 4-2 and coming back like we did against Spurs and yet we're 22nd in the division. We've proved that we are capable of competing against the better teams but we haven't proven capable of doing it against the rest - WHY? :rolleyes::cry::mad:

So where are the 26 points coming from? My predictions are;

Plymouth (A) - Lose

QPR (A) - Draw

Wolves (H) - Win

Brighton (A) - Win

Derby (H) -Win :D

Leeds (H) - Lose

Ipswich (A) - Draw

Hull (H) - Win

Luton (A) - Lose

Millwall (A) - Draw

Reading (H) - Lose

Norwich (A) - Lose

Palace (H) - Lose

Preston (H) - Draw

Cov (A) - Lose :(

Plymouth (H) - Win

Southampton (A) - Draw

Oh bugger - 20points - not enough :( but then it's only my own humble opinion.

All the best to anyone going to Plymouth tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Yes, a great find indeed.

Worth remembering that we amassed a whopping great 26 points in 30 games under Levein. In only 9 games under Kelly we have already accumulated 20. This, of course, makes us very happy.

But it makes me very angry - a complete season wasted.

Nobody really expected such a horrendous reversal in results. I know I certainly didn't.

Nobody really expected such a horrendous reversal in results. I know I certainly didn't.

You've used an inappropriate adjective unless, of course, the 'horrendous reversal' relates to results under Levein's stewardship. However one could argue there was no 'horrendous reversal' here either as results got steadily rather than abruptly worse during his tenure.

And most sane LCFC fans 'really expected' that...

Archived