Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Janx

Kelly for guvnor!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO BLOODY HAPPY!!!!!!!

bloody ditto !!

i cant stop smiling , we CAN stay up , no more negativity.

great support tonight :clap: :clap2:

F**ks sake its one reasult. Yeah Kelly for World President! omg! ONE RESULT! In Which we nearly threw it all away.

only means I wouldn't mind giving him a chance against Wolves.

We nearly won lots of games under Levein, but didn't.

'Nearly' means f**k all in football. What we've achieved today would never have been achieved under Levein, I'd bet money on that.

3 goals away from home and a victory - nobody would have expected that today. So give credit where it's due.

I'm not saying he should be given the job permanently (yet), but he should definitely be given another 2 games at least.

But all you that slated him as being Levein MkII can go eat humble pie as far as I'm concerned.

Kelly seems to have added some much needed steel and resilience :D

belief and positivity are the words you are after my friend

two things that the previous incumbernt knew jackshit about! :thumbup:

We nearly won lots of games under Levein, but didn't.

'Nearly' means f**k all in football. What we've achieved today would never have been achieved under Levein, I'd bet money on that.

3 goals away from home and a victory - nobody would have expected that today. So give credit where it's due.

I'm not saying he should be given the job permanently (yet), but he should definitely be given another 2 games at least.

But all you that slated him as being Levein MkII can go eat humble pie as far as I'm concerned.

Well I didnt do that. But if I was given the option of having one of the more popular choices on this forum employed tomorrow I would take it.

The prospect of Kelly excites me than Coterrill.

id second that... although we need results, playing with passion and belief is better than 10 men behind da ball and hoping 4 a lucky scrappy 1-0! in some ways anyway... lol

I agree, we all know one swallow doesnt make a summer, but lets look at the facts

one win in one league game, 3 goals, peopl playing in their own positions, not afraid to bench smith, not afraid to bring in new faces. wow brillliant an AWAY WIN!! :smile:

You forgot to add got rid of Deep Freeze ....

I've just been reading Kelly's comments. It seems he knows he's just in the job for the short term and I think that maybe he is happy to take time to build the players confidence, as he does not have to do well. If we appoint him perhaps some of this will be lost.

Let's get last night's victory in context. QPR were very poor & yet they still scored 2 goals.

Kelly should be commended for some aspects eg substituting Hume with O'Grady as his presence late on unsettled Santos/Shittu - although Santos had a mare.

It was great to win & the players (most of them) played with more passion than previous weeks. However, I defer judgement on Kelly until after Wolves match. Last night was one of those nights - QPR expected to win easily etc. The gods were on our side (for once).

and playing people in position? :P

Maybury at right wing and Hughes at left wing? Johansson at left back? Not quite! But even so, he's installed some passion in to them and given them self belief. He can play them all out of position if it keeps us up, but as i've said before and he's said it himself that players need to play in their correct position. So he needs to do that if he can.

I would just like to say to all the people who slagged off Kelly after 3 days in charge fock YOU YOU **** AREHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN!!!!!!!!

I've praised him as loudly as anyone today but it's one game the same as Saturday was. Anyone who continues to play Nils at left back, Maybury right midfield and leaves Weso out has questionable judgement to me. But at least we went out to win the game yesterday from start to finish which is what I've been saying should be the approach all season - if you remember.

City won't win using defensive strategies with this team. And he's still only using part of its potential. One day, perhaps he or someone else will really get it right, play our strongest team and impress me. It hasn't happened yet. All we've got is one win (that might well have been a defeat but for Williams injury) but I'm delighted with it and have said so in two substantial stories.

On Saturday I criticised him because the team was shit, his decisions were shit and we lost a chunk of money for going out of the FA Cup unnecessarily and with a whimper.

Which bit of that was unfair slagging off and don't give me the three days bit. Kelly's been at City for ages, knows all the players and has had input on picking lots of teams.

Doubtless, if he does well on Saturday he'll get accolades and if he does badly he'll get stick. So what's new?

I've praised him as loudly as anyone today but it's one game the same as Saturday was. Anyone who continues to play Nils at left back, Maybury right midfield and leaves Weso out has questionable judgement to me. But at least we went out to win the game yesterday from start to finish which is what I've been saying should be the approach all season - if you remember.

City won't win using defensive strategies with this team. And he's still only using part of its potential. One day, perhaps he or someone else will really get it right, play our strongest team and impress me. It hasn't happened yet. All we've got is one win (that might well have been a defeat but for Williams injury) but I'm delighted with it and have said so in two substantial stories.

On Saturday I criticised him because the team was shit, his decisions were shit and we lost a chunk of money for going out of the FA Cup unnecessarily and with a whimper.

Which bit of that was unfair slagging off and don't give me the three days bit. Kelly's been at City for ages, knows all the players and has had input on picking lots of teams.

Doubtless, if he does well on Saturday he'll get accolades and if he does badly he'll get stick. So what's new?

Spot on!!!

Jesus H. Christ, there are some really thick people on this site isn't there?

"Where's Barton and Thracian?" "they only come out when we lose"

Well kiddies, here is a little bit of perspective for you, you won't like it but try and open your tiny little minds to it and you might just find the world to be a more interesting place:

Someone on the Fox Fanzine site has already hit it bang on - we won because we came up against a team who were worse than us at defending and they made 3 errors to our 2. Delighted as I am with the win and moving out of the bottom 3, lets not make out Rob Kelly is the messiah.

Thankfully the QPR defence obliged one last time after Kelly's charges did their utmost to throw it all away again. Have you noticed he has had 2 games in charge where we have conceeded very late goals???

We were utter rank on Saturday and yesterday he played 4/5 players out of position, something it seems it is okay for him to do but no one else. This is no different to the Watford win, the real test comes along on Saturday, hopefully we will have someone else in charge. Rob Kelly has been part of a set up that failed the Club on the pitch, one win doesn't make him a saviour and I will be more than disappointed if he gets the gig full time.

Well kiddies, here is a little bit of perspective for you, you won't like it but try and open your tiny little minds to it and you might just find the world to be a more interesting place:

Someone on the Fox Fanzine site has already hit it bang on - we won because we came up against a team who were worse than us at defending and they made 3 errors to our 2. Delighted as I am with the win and moving out of the bottom 3, lets not make out Rob Kelly is the messiah.

Thankfully the QPR defence obliged one last time after Kelly's charges did their utmost to throw it all away again. Have you noticed he has had 2 games in charge where we have conceeded very late goals???

We were utter rank on Saturday and yesterday he played 4/5 players out of position, something it seems it is okay for him to do but no one else. This is no different to the Watford win, the real test comes along on Saturday, hopefully we will have someone else in charge. Rob Kelly has been part of a set up that failed the Club on the pitch, one win doesn't make him a saviour and I will be more than disappointed if he gets the gig full time.

Well that's that then, a useful win away with a return of some fighting spirit to the team is turned into a stroke of luck against a useless team. Have you not noticed we have been losing to cr*p teams all season, give the guy a break.

Well that's that then, a useful win away with a return of some fighting spirit to the team is turned into a stroke of luck against a useless team. Have you not noticed we have been losing to cr*p teams all season, give the guy a break.

He's just putting it into some much needed perspective, before Kelly is linked with the England job! It could well of been a stroke of luck and the sad thing is 60% of users on this site now want him as our new boss based on one reasult, its just plain stupid.

I'm inclined to sway with Barton here and only because we've seen it all before this season. It was a fantastic win for us and in terms of confidence it should do them the world of good but it hasn't in the past and the test is on saturday and then at Brighton the week after. Kelly might well work miracles at this club given the chance and if he does then i'll applaud him but he has been part of the mess this season and he's put together a team that has conceded two sloppy goals and played 3 or 4 players out of position unecessarily.

That's the first time this team has scored 3 goals away from home in the league for a good 2 years, but our defence is still leaking goals. We're not going to score that many goals each game, but it seems we are always going to concede each game which puts pressure on the attack and that's where the problem has been. Hopefully this will be the turning point and a new manager can push us on, Kelly however is not the messiah at present. He's given us some self belief and he should be applauded for that, but it's early days.

Archived