Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststandtom

Alan Maybury

What is everyone’s opinion of alan maybury at present?

I for one am a fan of his. I have been disappointed with his

Form this season but feel there are a few reasons for this that haven’t helped his cause.

Since he has moved to right midfield I feel he has done a decent job. Our right side is certainly more solid and he allows Stearman to get forward and can cover too. I don’t think we are short on crosses coming into the box either. He also seems to be popping up in some decent positions too. I’d prefer him to Momo Sylla. Its just he seems to be getting some criticism for his performances (on the whole this season granted) at right midfield which I see as unjust as it has added to the team.

Hugely disappointed with him this season almost to the point where I think we should get rid of him. He had a fantastic season last season when he arrived here but this season I cannot remember a game where he played like he did last season. His distribution has got alot worse, he gets beaten for pace on a number of occasions and I don't think the passion is there at the minute. There's been rumours that Levein turned down 2 premiership clubs just before the transfer deadline in August and Maybury wasn't too happy about it. It certainly might explain why he's been so crap this season.

The frustrating thing is that we all know he can be a good player but there's something wrong with him. I'd cash in at the first opportunity. He's certainly nowhere near as good as Stearman at right back. He's embrassing at right wing and gets exposed when playing at left back.

What is everyone’s opinion of alan maybury at present?

I for one am a fan of his. I have been disappointed with his

Form this season but feel there are a few reasons for this that haven’t helped his cause.

Since he has moved to right midfield I feel he has done a decent job. Our right side is certainly more solid and he allows Stearman to get forward and can cover too. I don’t think we are short on crosses coming into the box either. He also seems to be popping up in some decent positions too. I’d prefer him to Momo Sylla. Its just he seems to be getting some criticism for his performances (on the whole this season granted) at right midfield which I see as unjust as it has added to the team.

I think, he is playing out of position. I don't think he is that great at Right Midfield, and cannot understand why he is playing there over Ryan Smith.

Alan has come out and said he is having a poor season himself - stick with him, he'll come good again, hopefully in his prefered position

I think, he is playing out of position. I don't think he is that great at Right Midfield, and cannot understand why he is playing there over Ryan Smith.

Alan has come out and said he is having a poor season himself - stick with him, he'll come good again, hopefully in his prefered position

He's obviously got the talent but he doesn't seem happy to me. Probably our most underperforming player.

As for playing out of position - he was more than competent for us last year at left back and played most of his games there for Hearts and this board is littered with Hearts fans who would welcome him back tomorrow.

Has sadly lost the plot this season but, as has been mentioned, hes been playing pretty much out of position all season. We all know what he can do but hes been truly awful, look whats happened to Kisnorbo now hes back in position!

Maybers is probably still sulking after his beloved CL got the boot :ph34r:

He was ill on Saturday but has just not shown the drive or energy of last season in any position. He is not really effective as a left-back from what I've seen, Stearman is a fixture at right back unless he has a dramatic loss of form and Kelly has just been lucky to get away with his playing right midfield - and who says he/we don't deserve a bit of luck?.

Right midfield is a major problem for us and it won't be any better sorted when Sylla returns.

I think maybury has been one of our best players this season. Not moaned when out of position, took the job on, not his fault ability wise if he doesnt get the job done. I think craig let him down in that respect.

He the most influencial player we have.

I think maybury has been one of our best players this season. Not moaned when out of position, took the job on, not his fault ability wise if he doesnt get the job done. I think craig let him down in that respect.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Phenomenal.

come on then alan , we know your posting as lush

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just noticed the Avatar!!

I spoke to Birch last night on Heart 106 and he concurred with the view RM is a problem. I must say I'd rather see Hammond in there 'cos he can cross shoot beat players and is quick enough to track back rather than Maybury (who should be only played at right back as second choice). How anyone can think he's player of the season is beyond me.Is he having the same food as Danny Tiatto?

Hugely disappointed with him this season almost to the point where I think we should get rid of him. He had a fantastic season last season when he arrived here but this season I cannot remember a game where he played like he did last season. His distribution has got alot worse, he gets beaten for pace on a number of occasions and I don't think the passion is there at the minute. There's been rumours that Levein turned down 2 premiership clubs just before the transfer deadline in August and Maybury wasn't too happy about it. It certainly might explain why he's been so crap this season.

The frustrating thing is that we all know he can be a good player but there's something wrong with him. I'd cash in at the first opportunity. He's certainly nowhere near as good as Stearman at right back. He's embrassing at right wing and gets exposed when playing at left back.

Agreed.

Flop of the year so far.

Archived