Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Kamarra

What Leicester City have done is nothing short of shocking.

To have upset all these managers, in perfectly good jobs already, the way they have is just wrong and the people in charge at the Walkers Stadium should be ashamed.

It is nothing short of unbelievable. They have gone about things in completely the wrong way, it's as simple as that.

If you need a manager, you do not ask Burnley for permission to speak to Steve Cotterill, then ask QPR if it's OK to speak to Ian Holloway and then go to Luton to see if you can speak to Mike Newell.

You have a board meeting, you single out your preferred target and then you make your approach to the football club. or to the manager's agent. Of course, you have a plan B and even plan C in place in case the one you want doesn't come off, but you do not go and sound out all three clubs about talking to their managers.

You cannot take say five managers into an interview and then just pick whichever one shows up best, that's just plain wrong.

As I understand it, there was another couple of promising young managers on the list, so just because Leicester City have decided to things the wrong way, other clubs and other managers have had to deal with all this speculation and unrest.

Technically they might not have done anything wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Football League had something to say about this, or indeed John Barnwell and the League Managers' Association.

The only outcome that could possibly remove the bitter taste from the mouth is that Ian Holloway ends up as manager as Leicester City Football Club.

If he doesn't, he will find himself out of work, that's the bottom line. And because of the way they have done things, that will be Leicester City's fault. Not Ian Holloway's. Not even Gianni Paladini's.

It made me laugh when I heard the QPR chairman say that Ian had not been sacked, because effectively that's what gardening leave is, but you can understand his point of view.

Yes he could have quashed all this by turning down Leicester's approach, just like Burnley did when they asked about Steve Cotterill, but he didn't. It is not all one-sided and it has perhaps given him the excuse to make a change at the Loftus Road helm, because as he rightly he says, if you are a married man, you do not go looking at the woman next door!

That's effectively what Ian Holloway has done but his reputation should not be tarnished by what's happened because the situation is of Leicester City's making.

It may also be that Ian could do with a change himself. He has had to work under extremely difficult circumstances for a while now. He has not been able to spend loads of money, had administration to deal with and just hasn't been given the same financial clout as plenty of his Championship peers.

QPR are not going to go up this year, but they are not going to go down either and as a young, vibrant manager, you have to put him in the same bracket as people like Mike Newell and Steve Cotterill.

On these pages a few weeks ago, I said Leicester needed a bright, up-and-coming manager that knows the Coca-Cola League well and Ian Holloway fits that description. I assume he knew what he was letting himself in for when he agreed to speak to Leicester and I assume he is now aware what he is dealing with should he get the job.

If he does, it will be a case of all's well that ends well... and that is in spite of Leicester City.

The guy is completely clueless and obviously has no idea about anything. Unsettle managers indeed...oh those poor souls who've now got bigger contracts because of our interest. He has no idea how clubs need to appoint managers, of course they have a shortlist of several names and then try to interview each of those names before making a decision, its the only way to do it. Kamara seems to think we should pick a manager before we've even interviewed them.

You cannot take say five managers into an interview and then just pick whichever one shows up best, that's just plain wrong.

I'm sorry, how exactly is it that people are hired in the real world? :rolleyes:

The guy is completely clueless and obviously has no idea about anything. Unsettle managers indeed...oh those poor souls who've now got bigger contracts because of our interest. He has no idea how clubs need to appoint managers, of course they have a shortlist of several names and then try to interview each of those names before making a decision, its the only way to do it. Kamara seems to think we should pick a manager before we've even interviewed them.

I'm sorry, how exactly is it that people are hired in the real world? :rolleyes:

Well quite obviously we should pick one person, speak to them and them offer them the job whether we think they are right or not.

Where's Thracian.... send Kamara the plonker an email!!!!!!!!!!

In some ways I think he has got a point. The board have made a bit of a joke of appointing a new manager just as they did at leaving it too long to sack Levein.

Surely there must have been someone they really wanted (Cotterill) and they should have done all in their power to get him, not half heaterdly test the waters with about 5 championship managers who might do a job.

If it was Leicester as in when other clubs wanted O'Neill we'd be annoyed with it.

In some ways I think he has got a point. The board have made a bit of a joke of appointing a new manager just as they did at leaving it too long to sack Levein.

Surely there must have been someone they really wanted (Cotterill) and they should have done all in their power to get him, not half heaterdly test the waters with about 5 championship managers who might do a job.

If it was Leicester as in when other clubs wanted O'Neill we'd be annoyed with it.

How do you know we didn't ask in a specific order.ie

Cotterill - Denied

Davies - Denied

Newell - Accepted

Holloway - Accepted

With the accpeted ones we don't know if they were turned down to start with and then the manager said they would like to speak so the club changed its mind.

Also is we are denied permission what else can we do? Nothing legal.

Bizarre. The board have behaved with considerable integrity so far, doing it completely by the book as far as I can see. As soon as the post became vacant, most every club in the division with a half decent manager (probably barring Reading and Sheffield) would be concerned that they were on the list - and every manager would know it too - and what mileage they could extract from it. Thus QPR, and perhaps also Newell.

Instead you seem to be advocating tapping up the man you want (by going through the agent). And, of course, that would only have made sense if you did it before CL was sacked. But since such attempts are both ethically dubious and against FA rules (and would still have been spilled to the press) I suspect that we'd still be without the manager we want but also up before the FA on a charge and with some of us left feeling sickened by the club's actions.

In short, I'd rather the club did the decent thing, mostly. It's the same opposition I have to winning at the game by diving and hoofing.

[oops sorry - replace 'you' with Kamarra]

I've never taken on board anyone of his opinions on football. He was a shit manager, and an equally shit pundit. What angers me more than anything else is that this twat is allowed to write such tripe about us, which is accessible to a nationwide audience. It gives us a bad reputation, even though he blatantly hasn't done his research on the situation.

Unbelievable.

What Leicester City have done is nothing short of shocking.

To have upset all these managers, in perfectly good jobs already, the way they have is just wrong and the people in charge at the Walkers Stadium should be ashamed.

It is nothing short of unbelievable. They have gone about things in completely the wrong way, it's as simple as that.

It's a crying shame he keeps decent journalists out of a job. That's the problem with Sky. For every Jeff Stelling or Andy Gray, there's a Chris Kamara or Rodney Marsh.

"To have upset all these managers...." :huh::huh::D Yes, diddums to Mike Newell.

Does he actually read the comments that the other managers and chairmen have made? I don't think anyone's been hard done by as far as LCFC are concerned. Eejit.

I've never taken on board anyone of his opinions on football. He was a shit manager, and an equally shit pundit. What angers me more than anything else is that this twat is allowed to write such tripe about us, which is accessible to a nationwide audience. It gives us a bad reputation, even though he blatantly hasn't done his research on the situation.

Unbelievable.

Maybe someone should email tim Davies the article and see what the LCFC Lawyers have to say.

I admire Kamara's passion and entertainment value on Commentarys on Soccer Saturday but he doesn't half talk out of his arse sometimes. We've done nothing illegal and when he says about upsetting all these managers, bullshit, I wouldn't be losing any sleep if my club had just offered me a fat new contract. Kamara can shove his opinions up his arse.

Maybe someone should email tim Davies the article and see what the LCFC Lawyers have to say.

Or, if the FA had any guts or ethical considerations, they'd tell Sky that advocating tapping up is unacceptable and that they'd not be able to renew Sky's contract.

Is that a pig up there?

How do you know we didn't ask in a specific order.ie

Cotterill - Denied

Davies - Denied

Newell - Accepted

Holloway - Accepted

With the accpeted ones we don't know if they were turned down to start with and then the manager said they would like to speak so the club changed its mind.

Also is we are denied permission what else can we do? Nothing legal.

Amen.

Clubs in serious trouble of being relegated are rarely assured of landing their first target when looking for a new manager and don't have the luxury of waiting around for a while making sure every little bit of the negotiations are perfect. LCFC was in the relegation zone with 16 games remaining when they sacked Levein--heaven forbid they show some urgency while looking for his replacement!

My draft email...

Dear Mr Kamara,

I thought I would take this opportunity to email you regarding your latest article published on the sky sport website "FOXES HUNT IS A DISGRACE". The only disgrace is that you are allowed to make such comments about a club, when you are quite clearing not in full possession of the facts!!

You start by saying "To have upset all these managers, in perfectly good jobs already, the way they have is just wrong and the people in charge at the Walkers Stadium should be ashamed."

How exactly, are any of the mangers upset over us enquiring about them for the position of LCFC manager. Cotterill will get a nice new contract, Newell the same. These managers used the situation to their own advantage and have only gained by our enquiry. There is of course Holloway but I will get to him shortly.

You then go on "It is nothing short of unbelievable. They have gone about things in completely the wrong way, it's as simple as that. If you need a manager, you do not ask Burnley for permission to speak to Steve Cotterill, then ask QPR if it's OK to speak to Ian Holloway and then go to Luton to see if you can speak to Mike Newell."

Let me get this correct, you are saying if you get refused permission to speak to a manager, you should then not bother asking anyone else. If so how exactly would we get a new manager?

The facts are we approached, Burnley and got refused. We then approached Preston and got refused. We then asked to speak to the managers of QPR and Luton. All approaches were made at different times, these stories didn't all pop out into the press at the same time. One came after another because we kept getting refused. You make it sound as if we sat down and contacted 5 clubs in one go.

If anything you should be praising the way the Leicester board acted. When we were refused, we moved onto a different target. We didn't use underhand tactics to try and make the managers walk out. This seems to be common practice these day. Even in your article you suggested an illegal approach was the best method. I quote "You have a board meeting, you single out your preferred target and then you make your approach to the football club. or to the manager's agent"

Now we come on Holloway, you say "The only outcome that could possibly remove the bitter taste from the mouth is that Ian Holloway ends up as manager as Leicester City Football Club. If he doesn't, he will find himself out of work, that's the bottom line. And because of the way they have done things, that will be Leicester City's fault. Not Ian Holloway's. Not even Gianni Paladini's.

Yes the LCFC board made contact and wanted to speak to him. If after speaking to him they believe what he had to say isn't good enough, that is there prerogative. Should we just give him the job because we feel sorry for him? I really don't think so, maybe you should look at the league table and see why this is such a crucial decision for LCFC.

How you can say it would be our fault is beyond me. You even point out later on that the chairman was looking to get rid of him. Ask any QPR fan and they will tell you all about their chairman. The two parties involved didn't get on, and by all accounts the chairman had been looking for an opportunity to get rid.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just bitterness coming out, due to the fact your application got thrown in the bin the moment it arrived. I'm sure Tim Davies the Chief Exec of LCFC will be in contact with you shortly asking you to go into you allegations in detail.

Yours Sincerely

Archived