Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Kamarra

My draft email...

Dear Mr Kamara,

I thought I would take this opportunity to email you regarding your latest article published on the sky sport website "FOXES HUNT IS A DISGRACE". The only disgrace is that you are allowed to make such comments about a club, when you are quite clearing not in full possession of the facts!!

You start by saying "To have upset all these managers, in perfectly good jobs already, the way they have is just wrong and the people in charge at the Walkers Stadium should be ashamed."

How exactly, are any of the mangers upset over us enquiring about them for the position of LCFC manager. Cotterill will get a nice new contract, Newell the same. These managers used the situation to their own advantage and have only gained by our enquiry. There is of course Holloway but I will get to him shortly.

You then go on "It is nothing short of unbelievable. They have gone about things in completely the wrong way, it's as simple as that. If you need a manager, you do not ask Burnley for permission to speak to Steve Cotterill, then ask QPR if it's OK to speak to Ian Holloway and then go to Luton to see if you can speak to Mike Newell."

Let me get this correct, you are saying if you get refused permission to speak to a manager, you should then not bother asking anyone else. If so how exactly would we get a new manager?

The facts are we approached, Burnley and got refused. We then approached Preston and got refused. We then asked to speak to the managers of QPR and Luton. All approaches were made at different times, these stories didn't all pop out into the press at the same time. One came after another because we kept getting refused. You make it sound as if we sat down and contacted 5 clubs in one go.

If anything you should be praising the way the Leicester board acted. When we were refused, we moved onto a different target. We didn't use underhand tactics to try and make the managers walk out. This seems to be common practice these day. Even in your article you suggested an illegal approach was the best method. I quote "You have a board meeting, you single out your preferred target and then you make your approach to the football club. or to the manager's agent"

Now we come on Holloway, you say "The only outcome that could possibly remove the bitter taste from the mouth is that Ian Holloway ends up as manager as Leicester City Football Club. If he doesn't, he will find himself out of work, that's the bottom line. And because of the way they have done things, that will be Leicester City's fault. Not Ian Holloway's. Not even Gianni Paladini's.

Yes the LCFC board made contact and wanted to speak to him. If after speaking to him they believe what he had to say isn't good enough, that is there prerogative. Should we just give him the job because we feel sorry for him? I really don't think so, maybe you should look at the league table and see why this is such a crucial decision for LCFC.

How you can say it would be our fault is beyond me. You even point out later on that the chairman was looking to get rid of him. Ask any QPR fan and they will tell you all about their chairman. The two parties involved didn't get on, and by all accounts the chairman had been looking for an opportunity to get rid.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just bitterness coming out, due to the fact your application got thrown in the bin the moment it arrived. I'm sure Tim Davies the Chief Exec of LCFC will be in contact with you shortly asking you to go into you allegations in detail.

Yours Sincerely

That's good, can you send it too him? :thumbup:

My draft email...

Dear Mr Kamara,

I thought I would take this opportunity to email you regarding your latest article published on the sky sport website "FOXES HUNT IS A DISGRACE". The only disgrace is that you are allowed to make such comments about a club, when you are quite clearing not in full possession of the facts!!

You start by saying "To have upset all these managers, in perfectly good jobs already, the way they have is just wrong and the people in charge at the Walkers Stadium should be ashamed."

How exactly, are any of the mangers upset over us enquiring about them for the position of LCFC manager. Cotterill will get a nice new contract, Newell the same. These managers used the situation to their own advantage and have only gained by our enquiry. There is of course Holloway but I will get to him shortly.

You then go on "It is nothing short of unbelievable. They have gone about things in completely the wrong way, it's as simple as that. If you need a manager, you do not ask Burnley for permission to speak to Steve Cotterill, then ask QPR if it's OK to speak to Ian Holloway and then go to Luton to see if you can speak to Mike Newell."

Let me get this correct, you are saying if you get refused permission to speak to a manager, you should then not bother asking anyone else. If so how exactly would we get a new manager?

The facts are we approached, Burnley and got refused. We then approached Preston and got refused. We then asked to speak to the managers of QPR and Luton. All approaches were made at different times, these stories didn't all pop out into the press at the same time. One came after another because we kept getting refused. You make it sound as if we sat down and contacted 5 clubs in one go.

If anything you should be praising the way the Leicester board acted. When we were refused, we moved onto a different target. We didn't use underhand tactics to try and make the managers walk out. This seems to be common practice these day. Even in your article you suggested an illegal approach was the best method. I quote "You have a board meeting, you single out your preferred target and then you make your approach to the football club. or to the manager's agent"

Now we come on Holloway, you say "The only outcome that could possibly remove the bitter taste from the mouth is that Ian Holloway ends up as manager as Leicester City Football Club. If he doesn't, he will find himself out of work, that's the bottom line. And because of the way they have done things, that will be Leicester City's fault. Not Ian Holloway's. Not even Gianni Paladini's.

Yes the LCFC board made contact and wanted to speak to him. If after speaking to him they believe what he had to say isn't good enough, that is there prerogative. Should we just give him the job because we feel sorry for him? I really don't think so, maybe you should look at the league table and see why this is such a crucial decision for LCFC.

How you can say it would be our fault is beyond me. You even point out later on that the chairman was looking to get rid of him. Ask any QPR fan and they will tell you all about their chairman. The two parties involved didn't get on, and by all accounts the chairman had been looking for an opportunity to get rid.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just bitterness coming out, due to the fact your application got thrown in the bin the moment it arrived. I'm sure Tim Davies the Chief Exec of LCFC will be in contact with you shortly asking you to go into you allegations in detail.

Yours Sincerely

Excellent email. Keep us updated with reference to a reply from the fool!

All I know is I am a bit peed of at the moment, I agree if we didnt mess newell about he probably would be here now, but instead we went about checking out different manager's and luton were allowed to find a way to make newell stay. It is embarassing asking 3 or 4 clubs in one week to speak to their manager and I cant remember this happening before.

Chris Kamara sits there, and he has to write a piece. He wants people to sit up and notice. He wants a reaction. What does he do? Pick an easy target! Noone likes Leicester City, they are after all cheats. How can he get people to dislike them even more? Let's write the article about them!! The only people who are going to moan will be Leicester fans after all, and seeing as they are cheats, why pay any attention to them?

The bloke is a nonce. It's gutter journalism, and I use the word in its broadest sense, aimed at the ignorant moronic population. I bet Colin W is loving it.

I've never taken on board anyone of his opinions on football. He was a shit manager, and an equally shit pundit. What angers me more than anything else is that this twat is allowed to write such tripe about us, which is accessible to a nationwide audience. It gives us a bad reputation, even though he blatantly hasn't done his research on the situation.

Unbelievable.

He does it time and again to many clubs. He's got nothing but nice things to say about the big three or four though - hence his popularity.

He genuinely doesn't know what he's talking about... punditry is basically now a relaxed pay day for people who couldn't hack it in management.

Chris Kamara sits there, and he has to write a piece. He wants people to sit up and notice. He wants a reaction. What does he do? Pick an easy target! Noone likes Leicester City, they are after all cheats. How can he get people to dislike them even more? Let's write the article about them!! The only people who are going to moan will be Leicester fans after all, and seeing as they are cheats, why pay any attention to them?

The bloke is a nonce. It's gutter journalism, and I use the word in its broadest sense, aimed at the ignorant moronic population. I bet Colin W is loving it.

Excellent email: suggest you copy Tim Davies with the original article and your reply and ask him if it is the boards intention to refute these aligations. Kamara is a 24 carat gold.............................. TWAT. He know bugger all about football and was sacked as manager soon as they found him out.

Great email Babs gerrit sent.

Ever since Ive been able to watch Sky Sports Ive always thought Kamara was a grade A TIT, nothing hes said in that article has changed my opinion of him. cant looking at his stupid face for too long either :mad:

Ahhh Chirsy Kamara. A man who knows allll about football management. Espically the clearing he's desk part.

Has he really got nothing better to do then to slate us for no reason. I paticularly can't belive he's trying to pin the Holloway thing on us. You don't send your manager on gardening leave for speaking to another club, thats is absloutley ridicolous. Kamara knows that surely!

I dunno how he expects us to find a new manager without looking the bloke is quite clearly not in postion of all the facts.

prat. :mad:

Ahhh Chirsy Kamara. A man who knows allll about football management. Espically the clearing he's desk part.

Has he really got nothing better to do then to slate us for no reason. I paticularly can't belive he's trying to pin the Holloway thing on us. You don't send your manager on gardening leave for speaking to another club, thats is absloutley ridicolous. Kamara knows that surely!

I dunno how he expects us to find a new manager without looking the bloke is quite clearly not in postion of all the facts.

prat. :mad:

He's not even in possession of all of his marbles.

**** nob suck!

I like the e-mail, but the last bit does bring the tone down slightly... :ph34r:

My problem is that he did slag us off about OUR adminsitration, but poor old QPR have had to deal with their's which was obviously due to legitimate reasons... Unlike our own!!!! :mad:

I like the e-mail, but the last bit does bring the tone down slightly... :ph34r:

My problem is that he did slag us off about OUR adminsitration, but poor old QPR have had to deal with their's which was obviously due to legitimate reasons... Unlike our own!!!! :mad:

The bloke's an absolute tosser and often contradicts himself in the same sentance, nuff said :angry:

He is supposed to be a media person and the media deal in news or in the absence of news in informed speculation. This ill-informed diatribe is all the more reprehensible coming from someone who should know how the rumour mill operates and how people are able to manipulate a gullible and lazy press/TV machine to their own ends- Max Clifford showed everyone how to do it.

I am not aware of any public statements/confirmations/denials coming from the city board however there is much loose talk appearing in the papers about who is doing what. Managers have agents too- a manager is entitled to say to his agent "why haven't I been linked with Leicester job- get off your ass and plant a story- I have a contract renewal coming up, I don't want my employer to think I'm too crap to be offered another job..."

Maybe we should also inform the FA that what they're trying to do to secure the new England Manager is totally wrong.

They can't just throw a some names of high profile managers in top clubs and tempt them with the worlds biggest job in football when they're already under contract.

And as far as I know, Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley and Guus Hiddink are all under contract.

MON is the only one out of a job but that's due to personal circumstances, otherwise they'd probably be knocking on Celtics door.

But all these clubs have given their managers permission, just like the clubs we've asked and have had interviews with the said managers.

So hows does one situation differ from the other?

Shouldn't the FA add "Tapping up Managers" to their list of their shames?

And as everyones mentioned, the press has let the world know who Leicester have contacted.

We haven't gone shouting it through the rooftops.

Fookin amateur sports journalist and even more amateur ex footballer.

As far as i'm concerned leicester have not broken any FA ruling, so I can't understand Kamara's harsh remarks.

Kamara is saying that city have been acting disgracefully which I think he has no basis to say that. City are looking for a manager, it's not a normal admin type position, and under the current circumstances leicester have to pick the right person, and look at all options available.

Unfortunately it has unsettled a few managers and a few clubs but that's not city's fault, the managers obviously for there own agenda went to the media etc, city have kept there agenda out of the media!!!

Tims reply to my email:

I think it is outrageous - he is telling us to make illegal approaches - we have followed all guidelines/ fa regs - all jobs have a shortlist for a job of such importance - also we have not once commented publically it has been done by clubs themselves.

Perhaps Chris does not have full facts

Tim

Unfortunately he doesn't say if they are prepared to take any action to get it rescinded and an apology.

Archived