Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Kamarra

As far as i'm concerned leicester have not broken any FA ruling, so I can't understand Kamara's harsh remarks.

Kamara is saying that city have been acting disgracefully which I think he has no basis to say that. City are looking for a manager, it's not a normal admin type position, and under the current circumstances leicester have to pick the right person, and look at all options available.

Unfortunately it has unsettled a few managers and a few clubs but that's not city's fault, the managers obviously for there own agenda went to the media etc, city have kept there agenda out of the media!!!

It was the Chairmen of the clubs we approached who chose to a) tell their manager and b) tell the press that we had been in touch. They chose to do it for their own reasons, usually to make them look better in the eyes of their supporters. If that has unsettled anyone then they are the fools for doing so.

LCFC have acted in the most proper manner in all their dealings as far as I can see. Once again, the media judges us not on the facts but on the basis of prejudice.

:mad::mad::mad:

My draft email...

Dear Mr Kamara,

I thought I would take this opportunity to email you regarding your latest article published on the sky sport website "FOXES HUNT IS A DISGRACE". The only disgrace is that you are allowed to make such comments about a club, when you are quite clearing not in full possession of the facts!!

You start by saying "To have upset all these managers, in perfectly good jobs already, the way they have is just wrong and the people in charge at the Walkers Stadium should be ashamed."

How exactly, are any of the mangers upset over us enquiring about them for the position of LCFC manager. Cotterill will get a nice new contract, Newell the same. These managers used the situation to their own advantage and have only gained by our enquiry. There is of course Holloway but I will get to him shortly.

You then go on "It is nothing short of unbelievable. They have gone about things in completely the wrong way, it's as simple as that. If you need a manager, you do not ask Burnley for permission to speak to Steve Cotterill, then ask QPR if it's OK to speak to Ian Holloway and then go to Luton to see if you can speak to Mike Newell."

Let me get this correct, you are saying if you get refused permission to speak to a manager, you should then not bother asking anyone else. If so how exactly would we get a new manager?

The facts are we approached, Burnley and got refused. We then approached Preston and got refused. We then asked to speak to the managers of QPR and Luton. All approaches were made at different times, these stories didn't all pop out into the press at the same time. One came after another because we kept getting refused. You make it sound as if we sat down and contacted 5 clubs in one go.

If anything you should be praising the way the Leicester board acted. When we were refused, we moved onto a different target. We didn't use underhand tactics to try and make the managers walk out. This seems to be common practice these day. Even in your article you suggested an illegal approach was the best method. I quote "You have a board meeting, you single out your preferred target and then you make your approach to the football club. or to the manager's agent"

Now we come on Holloway, you say "The only outcome that could possibly remove the bitter taste from the mouth is that Ian Holloway ends up as manager as Leicester City Football Club. If he doesn't, he will find himself out of work, that's the bottom line. And because of the way they have done things, that will be Leicester City's fault. Not Ian Holloway's. Not even Gianni Paladini's.

Yes the LCFC board made contact and wanted to speak to him. If after speaking to him they believe what he had to say isn't good enough, that is there prerogative. Should we just give him the job because we feel sorry for him? I really don't think so, maybe you should look at the league table and see why this is such a crucial decision for LCFC.

How you can say it would be our fault is beyond me. You even point out later on that the chairman was looking to get rid of him. Ask any QPR fan and they will tell you all about their chairman. The two parties involved didn't get on, and by all accounts the chairman had been looking for an opportunity to get rid.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just bitterness coming out, due to the fact your application got thrown in the bin the moment it arrived. I'm sure Tim Davies the Chief Exec of LCFC will be in contact with you shortly asking you to go into you allegations in detail.

Yours Sincerely

Well said mate! :thumbup:

Have the LCFC board not resonded to this outrageous bullshit from Kamara?? :huh:

How do you know we didn't ask in a specific order.ie

Cotterill - Denied

Davies - Denied

Newell - Accepted

Holloway - Accepted

With the accpeted ones we don't know if they were turned down to start with and then the manager said they would like to speak so the club changed its mind.

Also is we are denied permission what else can we do? Nothing legal.

One thing seems certain-: That Newell and Holloway have both been interviewed together. This would give, like it or not, Kamara's argument some strength. It doesn't reflect well on us if the Board did seek permission from all these clubs at the same time.

Tims reply to my email:

I think it is outrageous - he is telling us to make illegal approaches - we have followed all guidelines/ fa regs - all jobs have a shortlist for a job of such importance - also we have not once commented publically it has been done by clubs themselves.

Perhaps Chris does not have full facts

Tim

Unfortunately he doesn't say if they are prepared to take any action to get it rescinded and an apology.

I for one hope Tim doesn't take in any further we should be looking for a new manager, not messing around with Chirs Kamara. Who everybody knows is full of it.

Fair enough Kamara's been a silly boy, but I don't think he's worth our time tbh. He'l be praising the FA for drawing up such a good short list of managers next week, most of whom will be employed. He'll contrdict himself eventully like he has over the admin thing. Chirs Kamara is quite capable of making himself look a idoit I dont think we need get involved.

One thing seems certain-: That Newell and Holloway have both been interviewed together. This would give, like it or not, Kamara's argument some strength. It doesn't reflect well on us if the Board did seek permission from all these clubs at the same time.

Why does that seem certain? On what grounds do you make that statement? There's been no official or unofficial statement that Holloway has even been interviewed, never mind with Newell.

QPR's statement, if I remember correctly just said the IH had asked for permission to speak to us, their Chairman then said he spoke to LCFC and then put IH on garden leave. No-one as far as I can tell has said that IH has been interviewed.

I don't think you mean both together i.e.at the same time.

However in all job vacancies you interview as many candidates as you can with a view to offering the job to the best suited (or none at all if none are suitable).

Do we know for sure that Holloway has had an interview?

I suspect his chairman just wanted to get in a new broom to appease the fans. If not why has he also got rid of Holloway's staff.

If so we must assume he was not acceptable.

Newell had two interviews, this is common knowledge and I now feel that it is more likely that he asked for time to think about the situiation, went back to is chairman and said "It's a good opportunity but I do love it here" Big new contract promised and he's staying.

Kamara has always bad mouthed us, ever since we went into administration. On the few occassions he covers our games he does not have a good word to say about us no matter how well we play.............

I for one hope Tim doesn't take in any further we should be looking for a new manager, not messing around with Chirs Kamara. Who everybody knows is full of it.

Fair enough Kamara's been a silly boy, but I don't think he's worth our time tbh. He'l be praising the FA for drawing up such a good short list of managers next week, most of whom will be employed. He'll contrdict himself eventully like he has over the admin thing. Chirs Kamara is quite capable of making himself look a idoit I dont think we need get involved.

Agreed. Kamara has to justify his existence somehow. We need to concentrate on actually getting one of our desired target manager's appointed!

No doubt if other pundits were given the same job eg Marsh - they'd be writing the same old drivel. Lets face it since the administration, La Manga, etc - LCFC is not high on the list of so-called neutral's lists. We're an easy target. Everyone knows that Kamara is a t!*t & can't usually string two sentences together when he's on SS - that's part of his so-called appeal ie he's a plonker & we can all laugh with him & at him. No point getting the lawyers in & being precious.

Thank god we have still have Sir Gary flying the blue flag in the Media

we have never been subject to rival teams wanting our managers in the past

MON - celtic & Leeds

Little - Villa (buuuurminghgum)

Fat Scottish McGee _Wolves (buuuurminghgum)

Peter (wise spending) Talyor - England

so as far as LCFC it comes with the turf...

Wallace - Motherwell

Frank O'Farrel - Man Utd.

Chris,

As a Leicester City fan I’d like to dispute your claims concerning Leicester’s hunt for a new manager.

I believe Leicester to have acted accordingly and approached each man’s club first to ask for permission.

It is also Leicester’s board’s policy to not make public who they are targeting (as quoted several times in the Leicester Mercury) in order to avoid Media scrutiny and to respect other clubs. Now, from that, it is my assumption that moles, unrelated to Leicester City, have leaked those names to the press otherwise Leicester’s board are liars and let it slip to the press to deliberately unsettle managers. Regarding Jobs generally people are free to apply for whichever job they want to, including you. Each job has to be made publicly available according to the law of the land therefore, technically, in line with your criticism’s, every manager in the country could have been unsettled. In addition, boards and companies will do exactly what you mentioned in your article: Interview several candidates who have applied through their own free will and choose who they see is the best. Now it is the clubs who Leicester have approached and those whose Manager’s have applied, to keep this quiet in order to avoid unsettling supporters as, just to re-iterate, it is not Leicester City’s Board’s policy to make public who they are targeting.

Labelling Leicester City as a ‘disgrace’, ‘shocking’ and ‘unbelievable’ is a harsh claim and in my opinion an unfounded one based on my argument. Your choice of language I believe to be wholly inappropriate. We are talking about one Business/Club trying to find a manager following the correct procedures in place as well as those interested in the job.

Sincerely

Tom

Leicester fan of 17 years

The guy is a plum and he only has the job on Sky for one reason.

City have done nothing wrong, we know and the board know it and as someone who regularly slates the board I would like to commend them on what they have done thus far.

The fact Holloway applied for the job and we didn't go seeking him is one of many things 'Soul-Glo' has got wrong. Quite simply the man is a waste of oxygen.

Archived