Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Kamarra

Tim called the clubs personally so it is physically impossible to contact them at the same time. Combine that with the quotes from the Burnley and Preston chairman who said "the call lasted ten seconds". From that I would glean he called a club got a no and moved on!!

I am not suggesting Tim Davies is Cerberus. What I am intrigued to know is this: Did Tim Davies have more than one approach active at any one time. In other words, had any manager refused to speak to us before any further approaches were made. If so, Newell probably got wind of this and took the high road back to Luton.

I am not suggesting Tim Davies is Cerberus. What I am intrigued to know is this: Did Tim Davies have more than one approach active at any one time. In other words, had any manager refused to speak to us before any further approaches were made. If so, Newell probably got wind of this and took the high road back to Luton.

Are there any FA regulations that state that is how things must be done when looking for a new manager?

In any other industry you would draw up a short list of candidates and contact them regardless of whether there were still discussions underway with another candidate, are there rules that state this has to be different in football?

Are there any FA regulations that state that is how things must be done when looking for a new manager?

In any other industry you would draw up a short list of candidates and contact them regardless of whether there were still discussions underway with another candidate, are there rules that state this has to be different in football?

Technically....I don't think so, but morally maybe yes. That was Kamara's original point about unsettling managers all over the place.

To suspend someone for applying for another job seems totally totally over the top, however the rumours are that the chairman of QPR has been looking for an reason to get shot of Mr Holloway, and well this looks like it !

I almost certain its illegal in UK employment law. Probably explains why he hasn't been sacked.

On Kamara, I wouldn't even dignify his pathetic ramblings by getting angry. Most managerial appointments involve drawing up a short list and then interviewing the candidates. It is what we did last time and what England are in the process of doing.

Technically....I don't think so, but morally maybe yes. That was Kamara's original point about unsettling managers all over the place.

I'm sorry, this doesn't wash with me. If a manager is secure in their job and know they don't want to leave their club then they'd just say no and not think much more of it (i.e. Blackwell). If a manager starts discussions with another club it means they are already unsettled at their current club. Furthermore the managers and the directors should expect the press to pick up on the story so how can they then complain after the fact that it's disrupted them?

The speculation and rumour mongering that goes along with this is produced by the media themselves, any unsettlement of the managers is due to the, often sensationalised, coverage of the story. Typical of them to find a scapegoat in LCFC instead of taking some responsibility in their own actions.

I'm sorry, this doesn't wash with me. If a manager is secure in their job and know they don't want to leave their club then they'd just say no and not think much more of it (i.e. Blackwell). If a manager starts discussions with another club it means they are already unsettled at their current club. Furthermore the managers and the directors should expect the press to pick up on the story so how can they then complain after the fact that it's disrupted them?

The speculation and rumour mongering that goes along with this is produced by the media themselves, any unsettlement of the managers is due to the, often sensationalised, coverage of the story. Typical of them to find a scapegoat in LCFC instead of taking some responsibility in their own actions.

That's all well and true Chimp. But I think Kamara is saying that we should have approached one manager at a time. Anyway, it may well have ended up with Cotterill and Newell getting "better" contracts but by talking to more than one manager at a time it seems we lost the chance of getting either of them.

That's all well and true Chimp. But I think Kamara is saying that we should have approached one manager at a time. Anyway, it may well have ended up with Cotterill and Newell getting "better" contracts but by talking to more than one manager at a time it seems we lost the chance of getting either of them.

Why do you keep assuming we talked to more than one manager at a time? You don't know, Kamara doesn't know I don't know. So until someone proves that we did, people should hold their tongues.

I have sent an email to that email address for sky and told them I think its libel unless they can categorally back all of his claim's. So I expect them to remove the article from their website. I also said if Tim took legal action I would expect him to have the backing of our fans.

I think its best for the club to ignore it tho rather then waste time and resources on it.

Why do you keep assuming we talked to more than one manager at a time? You don't know, Kamara doesn't know I don't know. So until someone proves that we did, people should hold their tongues.

Holloway will not be fired 07/02/2006

"Once he applied for the job at Leicester we felt he couldn't concentrate on our team. Ian has had a rollercoaster time here under very difficult circumstances. He's done a tremendous job.

"But I spoke to Leicester on Wednesday, then spoke to his agent, and he went to see them.

"Newell back for more City talks 09/02/2006

by Andy Mann

Mike Newell is understood to have been interviewed for a second time about the vacant Leicester City manager's post.

Luton Town Website 10/02/2006

I spoke to Leicester on a couple of occasions, and they have conducted their business in the right manner. I know it's a good club from my time there as a player and I felt it would be rude not to speak to them, but at no stage did I speak to them with the intention of leaving this club.

"I got a gut reaction on Wednesday morning that I was happy where I was, and that was the first reaction I've had in the last ten days.

It seems very clear that City have been talking to more than one candidate at a time......

I almost certain its illegal in UK employment law. Probably explains why he hasn't been sacked.

On Kamara, I wouldn't even dignify his pathetic ramblings by getting angry. Most managerial appointments involve drawing up a short list and then interviewing the candidates. It is what we did last time and what England are in the process of doing.

Could be because he spoke about bungs not long ago.....

Holloway will not be fired 07/02/2006

"Once he applied for the job at Leicester we felt he couldn't concentrate on our team. Ian has had a rollercoaster time here under very difficult circumstances. He's done a tremendous job.

"But I spoke to Leicester on Wednesday, then spoke to his agent, and he went to see them.

"Newell back for more City talks 09/02/2006

by Andy Mann

Mike Newell is understood to have been interviewed for a second time about the vacant Leicester City manager's post.

Luton Town Website 10/02/2006

I spoke to Leicester on a couple of occasions, and they have conducted their business in the right manner. I know it's a good club from my time there as a player and I felt it would be rude not to speak to them, but at no stage did I speak to them with the intention of leaving this club.

"I got a gut reaction on Wednesday morning that I was happy where I was, and that was the first reaction I've had in the last ten days.

It seems very clear that City have been talking to more than one candidate at a time......

How about this scenario...

We call Luton, they so No. (Their chairman did come out and say he had said no originally)

We call Qpr as Holloway is next on the list. They say yes.

Later on Newell makes it clear to his board he wants to talk, so they then give permission.

How about this scenario...

We call Luton, they so No. (Their chairman did come out and say he had said no originally)

We call Qpr as Holloway is next on the list. They say yes.

Later on Newell makes it clear to his board he wants to talk, so they then give permission.

Could possibly be....however, as it's the main thrust of Kamara's article, Tim Davies was noticeably silent in his email to DavieG about this.

Could possibly be....however, as it's the main thrust of Kamara's article, Tim Davies was noticeably silent in his email to DavieG about this.

Which has been their policy, remaining silent that is. I asked Tim to give me an indication without betraying conifdences which he did. Why would he mention details and dates to me

The point is, as I keep repeating no one knows. just because it is printed in the paper ( e.g Andy Mann) doesn't make that any more truthful than Tim Davies saying nothing. All you've done is quoted media sources, frankly I wouldn't trust any of them.

Whether I'm just being thick or summat, but I can no longer find the article on the Sky Sports website. If you click on K***y then you get all his archived rants/articles up 'til 3 Feb but not his latest masterpiece!!

Has this been removed due to LCFC fan pressure, or am I just blind!!!??? :huh::blink:

Can any one else find it??? :unsure:

Whether I'm just being thick or summat, but I can no longer find the article on the Sky Sports website. If you click on K***y then you get all his archived rants/articles up 'til 3 Feb but not his latest masterpiece!!

Has this been removed due to LCFC fan pressure, or am I just blind!!!??? :huh::blink:

Nope!! Looks as though it has gone. These email campaigns work well!!!

Which has been their policy, remaining silent that is. I asked Tim to give me an indication without betraying conifdences which he did. Why would he mention details and dates to me

The point is, as I keep repeating no one knows. just because it is printed in the paper ( e.g Andy Mann) doesn't make that any more truthful than Tim Davies saying nothing. All you've done is quoted media sources, frankly I wouldn't trust any of them.

I don't think the QPR chairman and Newell himself on the QPR/Luton official websites can be construed as unreliable unless, of course, thet are both lying.

I don't think the QPR chairman and Newell himself on the QPR/Luton official websites can be construed as unreliable unless, of course, thet are both lying.

But you're happy to imply that Tim might.

It's still there if you search under Kamara

But you're happy to imply that Tim might.

I am not implying any such thing. I can only comment on things that are said. The QPR chairman and Newell himself give dates regarding approaches. Tim has not denied this and neither does he need to if he doesn't want. But Kamara's article (which is what this is all about) is based upon the "known" facts and, as such, he isn't making it all up as some other posters suggest.

did kamara actually ask any of those involved?

from the wording of his article i doubt it.

basically it appears to be just his opinion but he makes it read like a researched piece.

he does himself no favours targeting clubs like he has when there are all sorts of dodgy dealings in the game and he wont touch on those.

i would have thought a better story would be trying to drum up support to help rotherham survive.

I have sent an email to that email address for sky and told them I think its libel unless they can categorally back all of his claim's. So I expect them to remove the article from their website. I also said if Tim took legal action I would expect him to have the backing of our fans.

I think its best for the club to ignore it tho rather then waste time and resources on it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Archived