Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Douglas Sucks

I really like what Kelly is doing, he's got the team playing well with a game plan and discipline etc... but why wont he give Henderson a chance. Whenever i see Douglas play, he seems to make hard work of everything. He makes a simple little dive to his side look really hard. :cry:

I've only seen Henderson a handful of times, but i haven't seen him make a mistake, and he has never let us down. I think Kelly should start him one match and see how he does, and i think he'll do well

I really like what Kelly is doing, he's got the team playing well with a game plan and discipline etc... but why wont he give Henderson a chance. Whenever i see Douglas play, he seems to make hard work of everything. He makes a simple little dive to his side look really hard. :cry:

I've only seen Henderson a handful of times, but i haven't seen him make a mistake, and he has never let us down. I think Kelly should start him one match and see how he does, and i think he'll do well

because rab is playing well and henderson aint fully fit

Don't forget that Rab is massive, so even lifting his arm or leg must be really hard work :P

Anyway, I think he did ok towards the end.

Like the others said it appears rab is to blame for the goal.

I dont know what to think on this, a very good point was made about keeping a settled team. But Douglas is our worst first team keeper for a long time and I wouldnt be at all surprised if he was replaced in the summer. If we hadn't won today I wouldnt be so forgiving.

Hmmmm but when i have saw henderson play a few times he doesen't look commanding enough, or a very good communicator thats not saying douglas is though!! :/

I have said it ALL ALONG Rab Douglas is a very poor quality goalkeeper and should not be Leicester City's no. 1...

I remember Paul Henderson when he played in the Cardiff Carling Cup game and he single-handidly got us to Bolton in the next round, and what did Craig Levein do? Put Rab Douglas in the following match.. well he got sacked lol no further questions...

In short, Rab Douglas is an awful goalkeeper and Paul Henderson should play, when he gets fit.

I have said it ALL ALONG Rab Douglas is a very poor quality goalkeeper and should not be Leicester City's no. 1...

I remember Paul Henderson when he played in the Cardiff Carling Cup game and he single-handidly got us to Bolton in the next round, and what did Craig Levein do? Put Rab Douglas in the following match.. well he got sacked lol no further questions...

In short, Rab Douglas is an awful goalkeeper and Paul Henderson should play, when he gets fit.

I stuck up for Rab recently, citing that he has been solid of late, making no real howlers or mistakes. He has made me eat my words though and has let everyone who supported him down.

It is clearly a good job we won, or he would have been slaughtered.

I'm sure Kelly has a view on this and up to now he's followed in CL's footsteps with regards to selecting a goalie so I'm happy to stick with his view.

I stuck up for Rab recently, citing that he has been solid of late, making no real howlers or mistakes. He has made me eat my words though and has let everyone who supported him down.

It is clearly a good job we won, or he would have been slaughtered.

Well, it's obvious we're going to have to be content with him for the rest of the year, but in close season, I propose bringing in an older, more seasoned, experienced keeper to tutor Henderson a bit and be sufficient cover. Russell Hoult, Paul Gerrard come to mind. Both have Premiership experience, are likely available, and have done a right job in their day. I'd go for Hoult, but he is likely on his way to the City Ground.

There were 4 or 5 occasions today when he simply smashed the ball straight out of play from goal kicks.

The worst thing about Rab is his complete indecisiveness which manifests itself in 2 main ways.

1) Failure to claim set pieces hoisted into our box unless straight at him.

2) Ball gets played behind our defence, Rab feigns to move towards the ball before hesitating, completely throwing the defender in the process. Rab then decides he can claim the ball after all but is too late and allows the attacker to nip in. He almost cost us the game today in the 90th minute for this reason.

I play centre half and I wouldn't feel confident with him behind me. He doesn't command his area and seems to have poor judgement. I've still failed to mention the powderpuff punch today as well!

There were 4 or 5 occasions today when he simply smashed the ball straight out of play from goal kicks.

The worst thing about Rab is his complete indecisiveness which manifests itself in 2 main ways.

1) Failure to claim set pieces hoisted into our box unless straight at him.

2) Ball gets played behind our defence, Rab feigns to move towards the ball before hesitating, completely throwing the defender in the process. Rab then decides he can claim the ball after all but is too late and allows the attacker to nip in. He almost cost us the game today in the 90th minute for this reason.

Sadly spot on. :( <_<

Yeah he had a bad game but why can't you just be happy we won instead of moaning.

Kelly hasn't changed anyone because we have been WINNING! You generally don't change a winning team...unless your name is Craig Levein.

Get off his fookin back! We have all learned a lesson in slagging players off with our reactions to Paddy Kisnorbo. Lets support our players instead of tearing them apart. Especially now

Yeah he had a bad game but why can't you just be happy we won instead of moaning.

Kelly hasn't changed anyone because we have been WINNING! You generally don't change a winning team...unless your name is Craig Levein.

Get off his fookin back! We have all learned a lesson in slagging players off with our reactions to Paddy Kisnorbo. Lets support our players instead of tearing them apart. Especially now

In this case the only thing changing the keeper can do is bring out positives. We need our defenders to have confidence in the keeper and they can't have confidence with rab behind them.

Giving hendo a run may stop us giving away silly goals.

id get rid in the summer unless he costs us a game then id get rid sharpish.

where as kisnorbo found his true position rab only has one and he isnt very good at it. the guy scares me because i expect him to ship goals , hell! he rarely keeps a clean sheet. :ermm:

Douglas was always error prone, ask any Celtic fan. He could be world class one minute and a parks goalkeeper the next. Question is do we accept this (cause he ain't gonna change) and concede goals like today, which could have cost us a vital win.

IMO Douglas is a liability and should go, settled team or not. From what l have seen Henderson has real promise, play him!

Archived