Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

LCFC - Premiership 07/08?

Following our recent turn in form the good time feeling is creeping back into the club. Should we have a good pre-season and a sign a couple of players, we could well be competing to get back into the premiership once again. I know everyone will reply to this saying lets get this season out of the way first etc etc, whilst i agree, i just like to look forward as well.

1stly i for one would like to see rob kelly given a a crack at getting us up next season. The guy talks absolute sense and the players are clearly responding to his management style.

2ndly just wondered what everyone else views were on who out of our current squad would actually be good enough to play in the prem given lets say one more years experience in the championship.

These are the current players that I feel could make the step up:

Mccarthy - Another years exp is invaluable, improved decision making

Kisnorbo - Revelation at CB. Wish I could find the post months back when i suggested we try him at CB!!!

Stearman - Class.

Wesolowski - Needs a full term playing nxt year but am confident would be good enough

Hughes - Needs to step it up but could i think be a top flight player

Fryatt - Bit early to judge but has potential to be scoring in the prem

Hume - Same, needs a full season playing in 1st team but again could be a prem player

In my opinion this spine of the team could in one year be good enough to play premiership football. This is the main reason why im confident of our future. A side with a good spine can always be successful. Good central defenders, midfield and forwards are imperative and we have that. Nearly all of these were bought by CL, for this I thank him but its amazing how much better they play under RK. Long may it continue.

Look out chelsea......... we are coming :thumbup:

Following our recent turn in form the good time feeling is creeping back into the club. Should we have a good pre-season and a sign a couple of players, we could well be competing to get back into the premiership once again. I know everyone will reply to this saying lets get this season out of the way first etc etc, whilst i agree, i just like to look forward as well.

1stly i for one would like to see rob kelly given a a crack at getting us up next season. The guy talks absolute sense and the players are clearly responding to his management style.

2ndly just wondered what everyone else views were on who out of our current squad would actually be good enough to play in the prem given lets say one more years experience in the championship.

Kisnorbo - Revelation at CB. Wish I could find the post months back when i suggested we try him at CB!!!

Stearman - Class.

Wesolowski - Needs a full term playing nxt year but am confident would be good enough

Hume - Same, needs a full season playing in 1st team but again could be a prem player

In my opinion this spine of the team could in one year be good enough to play premiership football. This is the main reason why im confident of our future. A side with a good spine can always be successful. Good central defenders, midfield and forwards are imperative and we have that. Nearly all of these were bought by CL, for this I thank him but its amazing how much better they play under RK. Long may it continue.

I'm not sure about Kisornobo but I think Williams should be added to that list too, I think he'd be more suited to the Premier League. Also Nissa could do a good job in central defence and Rab wouldn't be too bad back up. Even De-Vries has done well against PremierShip sides.

Levein always said he would try to sign players who could play in the Premier League.

Levein's left a great legacy and left us with players who could be here for a very long long time.

I'm not sure about Kisornobo but I think Williams should be added to that list too, I think he'd be more suited to the Premier League. Also Nissa could do a good job in central defence and Rab wouldn't be too bad back up. Even De-Vries has done well against PremierShip sides.

Levein always said he would try to sign players who could play in the Premier League.

Levein's left a great legacy and left us with players who could be here for a very long long time.

I was going to say the same about Williams. He's good at passing the ball, and the Premiership isn't as physical as this league and I think he could do a good job there. Not first team maybe, but a squad player at least.

Not sure about us getting up to the Prem so soon though. Obviously our good form since Kelly came in is great and has made everyone optimistic, but I think we need to wait and see a bit more. Kelly's still only managed 6 games, it's too early to say if he can be manager next season. If he keeps up this form then yes, give him a go as gaffer next year. But there's still a way to go this season, and things could still change greatly.

Kisnorbo hasnt put a foot wrong since playing at the back. Would certainly prefer him to Nils who I dont think is good enough. Have to disagree also with williams. This guy continually gets support from people rating him as a really good player but never has he actually backed up their views with good performances. The guy really flatters to deceive. Why he is held in such high regard by City fans is beyond me. An underperforming Forest reject - no thanks

Kisnorbo hasnt put a foot wrong since playing at the back. Would certainly prefer him to Nils who I dont think is good enough. Have to disagree also with williams. This guy continually gets support from people rating him as a really good player but never has he actually backed up their views with good performances. The guy really flatters to deceive. Why he is held in such high regard by City fans is beyond me. An underperforming Forest reject - no thanks

Im not sure Williams is really that bad. I think he is a player with a lot of potential and good skills, but to me he just never seems motivated, apart from very occasionally. He shows flashes of being a really really good player, but then he goes un-noticed for the rest of the game. A mixed bag indeed. Lets see if Kelly can motivate him to play well regularly!

But i do agree with the overall sentiment - BRING ON THE PREMIERSHIP!! :ph34r:

Frutos and Carole. Both impressed me this season, if they get relegated they will be available for a knockdown price.

Sounds cool. I havent really seen them play much though. Ill keep an eye out for them. And how much is "a knockdown price". Are we talking a few hundred grand or nearer a million???

Sounds cool. I havent really seen them play much though. Ill keep an eye out for them. And how much is "a knockdown price". Are we talking a few hundred grand or nearer a million???

I think we could get both of them for less than £200k each.

Frutos and Carole. Both impressed me this season, if they get relegated they will be available for a knockdown price.

Both failed to make the grade in France but doesn't mean they can't do a half decent job for us, doubt they'll be Premiership standard but you never know they may improve!

They are much too good for Brighton and call me a cynic but my guess is that they are only there because of Brighton's close proximity to Gatwick and the Cross-Channel Ferries :ph34r:

Both failed to make the grade in France but doesn't mean they can't do a half decent job for us, doubt they'll be Premiership standard but you never know they may improve!

They are much too good for Brighton and call me a cynic but my guess is that they are only there because of Brighton's close proximity to Gatwick and the Cross-Channel Ferries :ph34r:

Haha possibly but didn't one of them come from Monaco which is still a trek from Calais!!!

Stearman - Class.

Assuming of course we manage to hold on to all of those players till 2008, which is highly unlikely.

It is far more sensible talking about our prospects of doing well now than with the old timers we had when MA started his least season with us.

I am optimistic but I still think we've got to take a step at a time and make sure we don't trip up.

Little things encourage me, like the way the players have been united by Kelly/Stowell both on and off the field

Then there's the growing rapport with the fans, it is quite common now to see the players taking time out to chat with supporters emphasising the relaxed and happy mood about the place.

This all emphasises Kelly's great attitude to teamwork.

There remains much to do, and many questions for Kelly and Co to answer, but the signs are, at last, encouraging.

the worrying thing is we probably couldnt afford to turn down any offer of 3 million or more for any of our players. Unfortunately money normally talks for championship sides these days

You say that but it isn't like he is going to decrease in value by holding on to him, we aren't in the shit financially i think £3 mil would be laughed at TBH.

It is far more sensible talking about our prospects of doing well now than with the old timers we had when MA started his least season with us.

I am optimistic but I still think we've got to take a step at a time and make sure we don't trip up.

Little things encourage me, like the way the players have been united by Kelly/Stowell both on and off the field

Then there's the growing rapport with the fans, it is quite common now to see the players taking time out to chat with supporters emphasising the relaxed and happy mood about the place.

This all emphasises Kelly's great attitude to teamwork.

There remains much to do, and many questions for Kelly and Co to answer, but the signs are, at last, encouraging.

Thats how i feel. Everything about the club (fudged surveys aside) is positive at the moment. We never really had that under CL. We all remember the post match comments from Craig, excuse after excuse, nothing was ever his fault. I think RK is just a more honest kind of chappie and I agree with you Thrac that the interaction and relationship between staff/players/fans has improved ten fold!!!! All is good once again at our beloved club.

The turnaround is quite amazing. I truly thought we were dead and buried. RK IS KING :)

Hate to pull everyone down but we COULD still go down. Levein finished well with us last season tipping us to be promotion favourites and look what happened, another relegation scrap.

If we finish well this season I can see alot of interest for our players especially in the teams relegated from the Premiership, and I don't think RK will be our manager next season.

Archived