Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

LCFC - Premiership 07/08?

Well if connolly is worth £3 million how much is Srearman worth? :cool:

All depends who's buying.

The rumours said Chelsea were interested due to the new Champions League rules.

The current trasnfer market has one price for Chelsea and one price for everyone else.

They paid 6 million for Glen Johnson!!!! Stearman looks better than him to me!!!

Wo wo wo!! Hold your horses lad. We're still close to going down this season mate, just wait a bit longer before you think we're ready for the premiership again.

No you mis-understand me!!! I never said we were ready for the prem (tongue in cheek chelsea jibe aside) :rolleyes: I dont think we are ready for the premiership by any stretch of the imagination. The thread was started to see which of our current crop did everyone think could be good enough for the prem come 07/08.

I think Mccarthy,Kisnorbo,Stearman,Hughes,Weso,Hume and Fryatt could all step up to the level needed with another season under their belt. I was looking forward with optimism thats all :thumbup:

If this summer anyone came in with a bid of 3 million for any of our players I can't see us saying no. That's a lot of money for a Championship Club which we still are and hopefully still will be next season. Anyone we have who might be worth that much in a few years isn't worth that much now and a club like us can't really wait and see and potentially lose 3 million. I wish we could afford to hold on to our top youngsters but i'm not so sure especially since we lose Parachute payments this summer,

Best bet is for them to get ignored this summer because we finish low down in the league and no-one scouts them too heavily and get promoted first time next year. If we only get close next season everyone will see the potential at our club and start to poach Stearman, Fryatt, Hume, Paddy 1 and even Paddy 2.

Hate to pull everyone down but we COULD still go down. Levein finished well with us last season tipping us to be promotion favourites and look what happened, another relegation scrap.

If we finish well this season I can see alot of interest for our players especially in the teams relegated from the Premiership, and I don't think RK will be our manager next season.

Why don't you think he'll be manager?

We leak goals consistently.

That would increase in the Premiership and would get us relegated.

Stearman is the only one I can really see being a good Premiership player as opposed to just average.

Hume would never get a sniff of goal and Mccarthy would be exposed regularly.

Fair play to the lads for the effort they have shown but some people have way over inflated opinions on the quality of our players imo.

------------------------------?---------------------------

-Stearman-------Kisnorbo------McCarthy------------?-

-?---------------Wesolowski-----Hughes--------------?-

-------------------Hume---------Fryatt--------------------

Definite play off candidates ;)

------------------------------?---------------------------

-Stearman-------Kisnorbo------McCarthy------------?-

-?---------------Wesolowski-----Hughes--------------?-

-------------------Hume---------Fryatt--------------------

Definite play off candidates ;)

Thanks for actually putting across my post in this form, should have thought of this myself really :thumbup:

That is what im talking about, we have a great spine there. If those players stay fit and the ? marks are filled I think we could be a great side. The central positions of a side are always the most important and if we could add a bit of quality down the flanks, together with a LB (sheehan still a possibility), I dont think that many sides in the championship would beat us.

Roll on next season!! (once we avoid relegation of course :P )

if we were to sell and its not to say we need to then we can set a price rather than being told to take or leave it. if a player like stearman was suddenly on the market you would have clubs competing for his signature.

that is of course if he decided he wanted to leave just yet.

the truly great thing is the academy is producing players now that really can come into the first team and generating money for the club through sales.

it wasnt that long ago that most of our academy prospects had a game or two from the subs bench and then vanished into obscurity.

Archived