Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Tuttle envious of strikeforce

Tuttle

Millwall boss Dave Tuttle believes Leicester City's strikeforce of Matty Fryatt and Iain Hume have been the catalyst behind the club's climb towards Championship security.

Tuttle and City manager Rob Kelly have common ground in being handed the task of keeping their team in the division and, so far, Kelly is winning hands down with six wins from nine games with Saturday's victory at the New Den being the third on the bounce.

Millwall remain in the bottom three - a position they have occupied all season - and Tuttle points to the influence of the front two on City's revival.

"Leicester brought in Fryatt. who is a fantastic player, and Hume as well and they also have a very good young forward (Chris O'Grady) who came on in the second half," said Tuttle.

"Those front two have scored something like seven goals in the last eight games," he said. "Our back three did fantastic against them and kept them quiet, but we need to score goals at the other end.

"We put them under loads of pressure in the second period and for around 30 minutes we were camped in their half but could not put the ball in the net."

The Lions caretaker-boss said Leicester made the most of their few chances.

"We are not scoring enough goals and if we don't start doing so soon we know what's going to happen," Tuttle said. "They had two shots on goal - a great free-kick and the shot they got the goal from."

City now have a 13-point advantage on Millwall who are five points adrift of safety after Sheffield Wednesday's victory over Preston.

Tuttle said: "We identified games we could win and this was one of them, but, unfortunately, it didn't happen."

However, Tuttle insists his team will stay up.

"I am still confident we can get four or five wins out of our last seven games to keep us up. If I was a betting man, I would have a flutter on us. We've got 16 points from 15 games and I still believe we can do it."

Tuttle wants to bring in another striker before Thursday's loan deadline and said: "I don't think you can change the manager either after then."

Fair comment, our strike force have got crucial goals and on many occasions against the run of play!!!

Graceful in defeat, unlike some Championship managers *cough WARNOCK cough*

However, Tuttle insists his team will stay up.

"I am still confident we can get four or five wins out of our last seven games to keep us up. If I was a betting man, I would have a flutter on us. We've got 16 points from 15 games and I still believe we can do it."

Tuttle wants to bring in another striker before Thursday's loan deadline and said: "I don't think you can change the manager either after then."

Maybe he lost deliberately then to get some longer odds??

God only knows how they failed to score with all them corners! :whistle:

God only knows how they failed to score with all them corners! :whistle:

I know - I dont think I have ever seen a team not score from having so many corners. In fact I dont think ive seen a game where there were so many corners. I say 'see' but in reality I was chanting at red boy....

I know - I dont think I have ever seen a team not score from having so many corners. In fact I dont think ive seen a game where there were so many corners. I say 'see' but in reality I was chanting at red boy....

I think Chelsea had 14 corners against Fulham yesterday and didn't score. :)

Graceful in defeat, unlike some Championship managers *cough WARNOCK cough*

I don't usually watch "The Championship" on Sunday mornings because I'm still in bed but it was on a bit later yesterday so I watched it. Warnock was in fine form. He gave the Norwich coaching staff the V's and told them where to go because, apparently, they were too busy celebrating with each other to shake his hand. lol

I don't usually watch "The Championship" on Sunday mornings because I'm still in bed but it was on a bit later yesterday so I watched it. Warnock was in fine form. He gave the Norwich coaching staff the V's and told them where to go because, apparently, they were too busy celebrating with each other to shake his hand. lol

I don't like Warnock at all but he was very ammusing yesterday on the championship and I kind of felt sorry for him. I hope to see more comical moments from him in the forthcoming weeks when things really start to get tough for him and his side. :D

Archived