Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

Having a break from my Alain de Botton marathon to read some book called Can We Live Here about a family who "quit the rat race" to try to find a happier life somewhere else and the wife and kid end up living in Bali while the husband takes part in the Singapore rat race and the wife becomes a successful author and they send their kid to a super expensive private school in Bali before getting annoyed because Bali is becoming "too developed" and then they move back to London and the moral is supposed to be I don't know what, that if you've got lots of money you can go and live in Bali for a couple of years, or something.

Sounds like the moral is that you can check out but you can never leave. Try not ripping off hotel california next time

While on holiday I read a book called ' The Kind Worth Killing' absolutely brilliant book and i fully recommend it if you haven't read it already.

It's about a man who is at an airport bar and meets a random women, he tells her his wife is cheating on him and wants to kill her and she offers to do it.

Sounds like the plot for the first series of Fargo. Apart from them meeting at an airport instead of a hospital and she being a woman instead of a man.

There was also a Alfred Hitchcock film where two blokes met on a train and agreed to swap murders with only one of them actually doing it.

Sounds like the plot for the first series of Fargo. Apart from them meeting at an airport instead of a hospital and she being a woman instead of a man.

There was also a Alfred Hitchcock film where two blokes met on a train and agreed to swap murders with only one of them actually doing it.

Strangers on a train.

Well that's just basically what's written on the back of the book, I'm hardly going to tell everyone what the whole 400 page book is about am I lol

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to start reading for pleasure more - I used to read loads of books but seem to have got out of the habit. 

Anyone else going to give this a go?

89be1f2ea76ac1fced50073f0e76288d.jpg

• Like 2

I really want to start reading for pleasure more - I used to read loads of books but seem to have got out of the habit.

Anyone else going to give this a go?

89be1f2ea76ac1fced50073f0e76288d.jpg

I'd be interested in that but for the life of me I can't think of a book I abandoned or a book that intimidates me.

Bought a book in a charity shop Monday,  Walshy's 50 Shades of Blue.  His autobiography of sorts. So started reading that.

When I  opened it  I found that it had been signed by the man himself and dedicated to someone called Rob. I checked online and found a photo signed with the same signature so it seems it is genuine.

The forward is by Martin O'Neill. In the first chapter it is clear Walsh did not like Peter Taylor who he referred to as Tator Peeler.

He thinks it may have been something to do with him and Cottee applying for the manager's job when MON left and PT saw them as a threat He says he has not seen him since and does not want to.

He was promised a place in the team but PT went back on his word and left him out the squad. He told him to eff off at one point. There was disagreement about a loyalty bonus if he left which he thought was poor considering the years he had been here.

Guest MattP

Finally getting around to reading The Man in the High Castle, wanted to for years and now it's a TV series I have to before I watch it.

Finally getting around to reading The Man in the High Castle, wanted to for years and now it's a TV series I have to before I watch it.

Let us know how you get on, Matt - it's on my reading list, too.