Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

The Daylight War, third instalment in The Painted Man series. After that it's onto the Malazan series, been recommended it by a few people.

Unbelievable series. I'm about to start Erikson's new series

Just bought Wilbur Smiths's 'The Sound of Thunder' and 'A Sparrow Falls' for 99p each of kindle's daily deals. Read 'When the Lion Feeds' a few months back and thought it was a great novel, really pleased with this deal.

Some his earlier work is brilliant, his last book however was sickening.

i loved Old Man and the Sea. Some wonderful images in it. Any other Hemmingway to recommend?

Fiesta: The sun also rises and A Farewell to Arms are also quality reads as is For Whom the bell tolls.

Reading The Plague by Camus.

Just finished East of West vol 2. Quality sequential art.

Not posted in here for a while, I've been reading some quality ww2 books, the best of which is HHhH very stylised almost to the point of Being too self indulgent but really pulls off a historically accurate and entertaining novel which also details the struggles that a historical author has to contend with to be accurate and entertaining.

Such a great subject matter and a story we don't normally hear as it doesn't involve the UK much.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

Just finished reading Steve Claridges 2nd autobiography.

He comes across as quite arrogant and certainly has a chip on his shoulder about Tony Pulis. For a most parts of the beginning of the book he slags of Pulis for his training methods and they way his team back then played football. Now we know Pulis doesn't play the prettiest of football but his managerial record speaks for itself. Maybe Claridge should have took notice & he might have been able to stay in a managers job.

Also my favourite bit of the book was "Steve insisted it was him who made Emile Heskey look so good and that he was the reason Heskey got an £11 million move to Liverpool"

Morrissey+Autobiography+Review+Geekisnew

Started this last night.. wow, talk about stream of consciousness writing... has anyone read it... does it slowdown or level out?

Not really. Read the first 90 pages without stopping when I bought it, before realising I would pretty much have to decide myself where a chapter ended and began.

Good read but too much time dedicated to the court case in my opinion.

The stuff about his upbringing in Manchester was really interesting.

Just finished reading Steve Claridges 2nd autobiography.

He comes across as quite arrogant and certainly has a chip on his shoulder about Tony Pulis. For a most parts of the beginning of the book he slags of Pulis for his training methods and they way his team back then played football. Now we know Pulis doesn't play the prettiest of football but his managerial record speaks for itself. Maybe Claridge should have took notice & he might have been able to stay in a managers job.

Also my favourite bit of the book was "Steve insisted it was him who made Emile Heskey look so good and that he was the reason Heskey got an £11 million move to Liverpool"

Shame, I thought his first autobiography was quite good.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"50th anniversary of The Great Train Robbery". 

Supposed to be the most close to what actually happened. Does have additional contributions from both Reynolds and Biggs as well. I've always been interested in the crime, read and watched a lot about it, but this book is written like a diary at times so it's easier to understand what happened when etc.

Edited by Fox92

• 2 weeks later...