Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

If Arsenal win the CL...

Well to me it does make it Okay. It's a passport thing. Can anybody give me the squad of 16 which didn't contain and 'English' players, 'cause people keep saying it but I'd like to see the squad myself!!

A City XI without a English player.. easy

Henderson ( AUS )

Maybury (IRE)

Mcarthy (IRE)

Kisnorbo (AUS)

Johanson(SWE)

Sylla(GIN)

Williams(SCO)

Gudjohnson(ICE)

Hughes(SCO)

Hume(CAN)

Hammond(GHA)

Douglas(SCO)

Gerrbrand(SWE)

De Vries (NET)

Tiatto(AUS)

Weslowski(AUS)

Weslowski & Henderson aside thats based on players who have made 15 or more apparnces this season.

Before people harp on about De Vries and Hammond never playing, De Vries is still our player, and he and hammond have made more apparnces this season then Fryatt.

a Similar team to the one above has been fielded this season, we did field a 16 without an English player. So now you can stop bashing Arsenal, or attention seeking as I like to call it.

Besides did you not notice the presence of Sol Campbell last night?

Henderson ( AUS )

Maybury (IRE)

Mcarthy (IRE)

Kisnorbo (AUS)

Johanson(SWE)

Sylla(GIN)

Williams(SCO)

Gudjohnson(ICE)

Hughes(SCO)

Hume(CAN)

Hammond(GHA)

Douglas(SCO)

Gerrbrand(SWE)

De Vries (NET)

Tiatto(AUS)

Weslowski(AUS)

Weslowski & Henderson aside thats based on players who have made 15 or more apparnces this season.

Before people harp on about De Vries and Hammond never playing, De Vries is still our player, and he and hammond have made more apparnces this season then Fryatt.

a Similar team to the one above has been fielded this season, we did field a 16 without an English player. So now you can stop bashing Arsenal, or attention seeking as I like to call it.

Well said mate.

As I've mentioned loads, I don't dismiss GB players, My choice and I'm sticking to it!!!

Secondly; One Englishman doesn't make me go crazy with Arsenal lovin'!!!

Thirdly; I couldn't care if their fans are English, I'm a Leicester supporter should I care about Arsenal fans??

Fourthly, I can't stand Arsene "I didn't see it" Wenger, whether he plays Brits or not, quite possibly the most hypocritical manager ever!!!

Fithly; If making conversation is attention seeking then I'm guilty!! But my original, orignal point was about Celtic winning the thing with 11 players 30 mins from Glasgow!! Which would you prefer, Leicester playing well and winning with an ALL Leicestershire squad, or playing well and winning with an ALL international sqaud??

Henderson ( AUS )

Maybury (IRE)

Mcarthy (IRE)

Kisnorbo (AUS)

Johanson(SWE)

Sylla(GIN)

Williams(SCO)

Gudjohnson(ICE)

Hughes(SCO)

Hume(CAN)

Hammond(GHA)

Douglas(SCO)

Gerrbrand(SWE)

De Vries (NET)

Tiatto(AUS)

Weslowski(AUS)

At least there is British players there ;)

As I've mentioned loads, I don't dismiss GB players, My choice and I'm sticking to it!!!

Secondly; One Englishman doesn't make me go crazy with Arsenal lovin'!!!

Thirdly; I couldn't care if their fans are English, I'm a Leicester supporter should I care about Arsenal fans??

Fourthly, I can't stand Arsene "I didn't see it" Wenger, whether he plays Brits or not, quite possibly the most hypocritical manager ever!!!

Fithly; If making conversation is attention seeking then I'm guilty!! But my original, orignal point was about Celtic winning the thing with 11 players 30 mins from Glasgow!! Which would you prefer, Leicester playing well and winning with an ALL Leicestershire squad, or playing well and winning with an ALL international sqaud??

TBH I would just take playing well, as well Arsenal fans, however they will be as happy with Hoyt and Smith, both Islington boys coming through the ranks, just as we are with Stearmen. I know you said British players are ok, however you also said you would like to see a City 16 without an Englishman in. Provided.

How you can moan about Wenger being a idiot when Rikard (the Barcelona coach just in case you don’t know) has acted like the biggest Idiot in football this year in villainising Jose Mourinho in the Spanish press and coming out with some of the most ridiculous quotes ever I don’t know.

I’m not saying you have to love Arsenal just give preference to them over foreign teams. The fact that they haven’t been fielding many English players isn’t ideal I will admit. You may despise Arsen Wenger. However he’s done a excellent job with a club that’s a percentage of the size of Manchester United, and doesn’t have a shugger daddy like Chelsea, Wenger has to poach his players, Highbury holds 38,000 people they are not a rich club. Matthieu Flamini, Kolo Toure, Eboue, Senderos all cost less then a million pounds, ultimately English talent costs money. Money Wenger doesn’t have especially in this new Chelsea dominated market. Thanks to revenue bought in by Wengers success in recent years the Arsenal board can now afford to move to Ashburton Grove. At 60,000 all seater stadium, which will allow 22,000 more English supporters to watch their team then previously possible. The building of this stadium will also increase the chance of us winning any world cup bids we make. All down to Arsen “I didn’t see ze incident†Wenger.

Besides all that the argument that they don’t have any English players is stupid. Hoyt and Bentley both out on loan, for the last time ASHLEY COLE IS INJURED. Wenger invested 8 mil in Theo Walcott , meaning Theo will learn his trade around Theirry Henry. That cant be bad for English football. Pennant, Jeffers ect all had a fair chance at Arsenal and when it became clear they weren’t going to play they were sold instead of being retained as squad players. Something Chelsea are guilty of doing with fully fledged England internationals, if any club is responsible for the decline of English football it’s them.

On top of this not supporting a foreign team over a English team is totally contradictory to your whole argument of putting home grown before foreigners if u get my meaning.

When you add this to the fact that they are capable of playing the game better then any team in the world on their day, can be breath taking to watch as well as being a great advert for the game I really can’t understand your point…at all.

No doubt you will ignore this thought out structured argument, and snap back with two lines declaring how much you hate them. Either that or do what most people do when argue them down and simple say “it’s my opinion ill stick to it if I want even if I don’t have a good reason for doing soâ€Â

As far as i'm concerned I would like Arsenal to win CL, it will bring a trophy back to england.

On the topic of english players, Arsene Wenger has done with the funds available, whats best for the club in terms of players, result etc and has not given a damn about race, colour or creed !!! In an ideal world, the english leagues should have english players from there distinctive cities but that isn't the case.

Unless UEFA\FIFA bring a rule saying that for eg that there must be 5 players of that nationality playing in there respective teams, AW isn't breaking any rule's etc but he is using all available means to make his club successful.

I'm not too sure about the long term effects of foriegn players in the english leagues but in the short term it hasn't been so bad, as we have at this time a very strong national team. The standard is very high and the best foriegn players will only improve our youngster and raise the standards at the expense of a lot of english youth players at top clubs. In saying that, we have 4 divisions of football and lower leagues, so there are planty of opportunities for english youths to get a chance at pro football and re establish themselves at the top!!!

TBH I would just take playing well, as well Arsenal fans, however they will be as happy with Hoyt and Smith, both Islington boys coming through the ranks, just as we are with Stearmen. I know you said British players are ok, however you also said you would like to see a City 16 without an Englishman in. Provided.

No doubt you will ignore this thought out structured argument, and snap back with two lines declaring how much you hate them. Either that or do what most people do when argue them down and simple say “it’s my opinion ill stick to it if I want even if I don’t have a good reason for doing soâ€Â

I actually asked for THE 16 man English-free sqaud we DID field, not COULD have fielded... this was only 'cause people kept saying we DID. This was only out of curiosity, not to prove a point!

You are of course correct that you have provided a structured, reasoned reposte to which there are not many rational comebacks, but I will use the argument that football supporting is not rational. I don't support the best team, I support Leicester (no matter what). So just because Arsenal play nice (I personally get annoyed by the way they play, like Wimbledon with lots of skill) why should I want them to succeed?

Also the money argument also annoys me, I mean if I had come on here to slag of Chelski most would support me, but the way I see it the 'big' clubs have always had a lot more money, and yes I include Arsenal in this, so why can't they have their chance in the sun!!

Finally, if you're telling me that Matthew Upson is worse than Pascan Cygan then I'm losing faith in the world!!!

Edit: Not just me but Ian "Mr Arsenal" Wright, Wright, Wright!!! is also concerned!!!

I actually asked for THE 16 man English-free sqaud we DID field, not COULD have fielded... this was only 'cause people kept saying we DID. This was only out of curiosity, not to prove a point!

You are of course correct that you have provided a structured, reasoned reposte to which there are not many rational comebacks, but I will use the argument that football supporting is not rational. I don't support the best team, I support Leicester (no matter what). So just because Arsenal play nice (I personally get annoyed by the way they play, like Wimbledon with lots of skill) why should I want them to succeed?

Also the money argument also annoys me, I mean if I had come on here to slag of Chelski most would support me, but the way I see it the 'big' clubs have always had a lot more money, and yes I include Arsenal in this, so why can't they have their chance in the sun!!

Finally, if you're telling me that Matthew Upson is worse than Pascan Cygan then I'm losing faith in the world!!!

Edit: Not just me but Ian "Mr Arsenal" Wright, Wright, Wright!!! is also concerned!!!

how the fook am I suppouse to remember that which game it was !! :D

Again im not asking you to suppourt Arsenal, I don't suppourt Arsenal :huh: I just find it hard to see why you suppourt Barcelona ahead of them. It's case of wanting the premier league team to win over the La Liga team not wanting Arsenal football club to suceed.

I would understand more if it were Chelski or Man U, I find it hard to suppourt either of them because Man u suppourters are impossible to have a decent converstaion with when they win things, and Chelski fans have gone beyond arrogant. Chelsea are also benching half the England squad which isn't really helpful and is the real risk to or players development.

As far as i'm concerned I would like Arsenal to win CL, it will bring a trophy back to england.

Agreed - English football and especially the Premiership will become much more respected and attract the best players in the World if we have teams that get to the Champions League Final/win it on a regular basis.

The Premiership has never been regarded as being Europe's top league but if our representatives in Europe get to the latter stages (like Liverpool/Chelsea last season, Middesbrough/Arsenal this season) then surely it's better for our game.

I'm not bothered if Arsenal have any English players or not, they are still representing England and the Premiership.

Come on you Gunners!

how the fook am I suppouse to remember that which game it was !! :D

Again im not asking you to suppourt Arsenal, I don't suppourt Arsenal :huh: I just find it hard to see why you suppourt Barcelona ahead of them. It's case of wanting the premier league team to win over the La Liga team not wanting Arsenal football club to suceed.

I would understand more if it were Chelski or Man U, I find it hard to suppourt either of them because Man u suppourters are impossible to have a decent converstaion with when they win things, and Chelski fans have gone beyond arrogant. Chelsea are also benching half the England squad which isn't really helpful and is the real risk to or players development.

Putting it like this does put another spin on it, and I might even be pursuaded if they were against any other European team, but as I have said previously I've been to Barcalona, and the Nou Camp and really enjoyed myself. The same can't be said about North London!! So if AC Milan can beat Barca tonight then I might begrudgingly not want them to win... maye a perpetual draw!! :thumbup:

On your other point, again as I've said before I really don't care about other team's fans. If I did I certainly would want Man U, Leeds, Everton or Forest (if they ever got there again) to do well in europe!!!

To make that a valid argument we'd all have to be supporting BRITAIN in this world's World Cup, not ENGLAND.

And?

...I'd have no problem with that, don't know about anyone else. It would be made up of mostly English players I think, but Giggs, Keane(Maybe :unsure:) e.t.c...I would have no prob with.

The only disappointed with that is that I do like a good England v Scotland game.

And?

...I'd have no problem with that, don't know about anyone else. It would be made up of mostly English players I think, but Giggs, Keane(Maybe :unsure:) e.t.c...I would have no prob with.

The only disappointed with that is that I do like a good England v Scotland game.

I'm on your side, but you'll find that either Keane (Roy or Robbie) are Republic of Ireland NOT British, sorry!!

Archived