Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Lee Trundle

it was quite funny whering the shirt and having the flag but theres no need for it. i would understand if it was the fa cup or league cup but not the football league trophy and cardiff are in a higher division :yawn:

They Could Be In Trouble For It

Police are investigating after a flag with an obscene insult was displayed on the pitch immediately after Swansea's Football League Trophy win on Sunday.

The insult, aimed at rivals Cardiff, was daubed on a Welsh flag held by Swansea players after the 2-1 win over Carlisle at the Millennium Stadium.

South Wales Police said the incident was logged in the match report and has been reported to the Football League.

Photographers captured Swansea player Lee Trundle holding the flag aloft.

He was also photographed donning a T-shirt bearing an insulting cartoon ridiculing Cardiff. The neighbouring clubs have a history of rivalry.

Millennium Stadium chief executive Paul Sergeant said the flag had been confiscated by league officials and was being held by stadium staff. The flag will be handed to police later on Monday.

Lee Trundle put the cartoon T-shirt on top of his football jersey

Mr Sergeant told BBC Wales it was the first time something like this had happened at the stadium in more than 200 games and said it was "totally uncalled for".

He said: "Let's not forget it was a hugely successful day. Lots of people came and enjoyed themselves and it's a pity that something like this may overshadow what was a wonderful day for everybody."

The chief executive said he believed one of the stadium stewards tried to stop the flag being displayed, but could not reach the Swansea players in time.

Police began an inquiry after complaints from members of the public.

Superintendent Bob Evans said: "I am aware of the incident. I certainly take a dim view of what happened.

"The incident was logged in the match report, it has also been reported to the football league and an official police investigation has been launched and further enquiries will be made into this incident throughout the next few days."

The top two pictures are quite bad actually, country's flags shouldnt be desecrated like that. Hes a cheeky chap but I think he should have got some advice before doing this. Should Swansea face Cardiff next season theres going to be injuries - Swansea fans are madder than Cardiff!

Depends what you define as a 'country' though - ask any Welsh person if they think Wales is a country.

Wales has been part of England since 1284 AD.

It's absurd that when it comes to international football the UK has been chopped up into so many little bits. Even if you could make a case for Scotland and Northern Ireland having their own 'national' teams, it's completely bewildering that Wales, which is nothing more than an English county just like Leicestershire or Essex, should compete as a nation in UEFA and FIFA competitions.

It's absurd that when it comes to international football the UK has been chopped up into so many little bits. Even if you could make a case for Scotland and Northern Ireland having their own 'national' teams, it's completely bewildering that Wales, which is nothing more than an English county just like Leicestershire or Essex, should compete as a nation in UEFA and FIFA competitions.

Oooh, contraversial... :o

But qiute correct, they even only have a 'regional assembly' like prescot wanted for the north-east!!

a bit more publicity for trundle , he will be well chuffed with that

Until plod take him to court that is...

Would he have the bottle to have worn that shirt on the streets in Cardiff?

Very immature. No wonder he's stuck in the lower leagues....

Its not a Shire, its a Principality. Whichever way you want to look at it its Wales' flag and they (even Swansea fans) have a right to feel offended having the flag abused.

LEGEND!!!!!!

imagine if we had won a trophy and Hume had done the same with a fark off forest or derby flag???

we would have absolutely LOVED it. :thumbup:

No we wouldn't.

When we've won trophies in the past no FOXES have given a toss about F****t and Derby.

To do so would give them an importance far beyond what they're worth...

If F****t win the playoffs and their players wear anti-FOXES T-Shirts, we should be flattered not insulted! :)

No we wouldn't.

When we've won trophies in the past no FOXES have given a toss about F****t and Derby.

To do so would give them an importance far beyond what they're worth...

If F****t win the playoffs and their players wear anti-FOXES T-Shirts, we should be flattered not insulted! :)

have to say i disagree, i think it would be great!! At least it wasnt a t-shirt about someones kid, injured player, new born baby etc zzzzzzz.

Id love hume to sport a shirt with us peeing on the forest!!! Simple humour I understand but funny nonetheless.

Actually Wales has never been part of England(although parts of it were at one time actually in England) it is however part of The United Kingdom and has been run by English Parliament since 1536.

It is one of four nations that make up The British Isles, so if you class a nation as a country then I suppose you'd have to call it a country :dunno:

Actually Wales has never been part of England(although parts of it were at one time actually in England) it is however part of The United Kingdom and has been run by English Parliament since 1536.

It is one of four nations that make up The British Isles, so if you class a nation as a country then I suppose you'd have to call it a country :dunno:

Wales was incorporated into England with the Statute of Rhuddlan, 1284. Ever since Wales has been part of England, hence the lack of representation of the Welsh 'nation' on the Union Jack.

I also don't see how you can get the number of nations in the British Isles to add up to four. I could see how you could get it to add up to two nations (Ireland and the UK), three nations (England, Scotland and Ireland, with Northern Ireland being disqualified for being a province and Wales a principality) or even five nations (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland), but not four.

Wales was incorporated into England with the Statute of Rhuddlan, 1284. Ever since Wales has been part of England, hence the lack of representation of the Welsh 'nation' on the Union Jack.

I also don't see how you can get the number of nations in the British Isles to add up to four. I could see how you could get it to add up to two nations (Ireland and the UK), three nations (England, Scotland and Ireland, with Northern Ireland being disqualified for being a province and Wales a principality) or even five nations (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland), but not four.

.............and in 1536 the statute of Rhuddlan was replaced by Henry VIII and his Laws in Wales act.

The British Isles is a geographical term and not a politcal term so therefore it consists of Wales England Ireland and Scotland

It's a country, get over it.

The fact that everyone who is Welsh thinks that Wales is a country is enough to make it so.

What it is 'officially' known as is really a crock of shite, surely what is in the heart and minds of the people from that place are surely more important?

Get someone in an official position to go public and state that Wales is just a county of England and see how many votes they get in any election.

It's a country, get over it.

The fact that everyone who is Welsh thinks that Wales is a country is enough to make it so.

What it is 'officially' known as is really a crock of shite, surely what is in the heart and minds of the people from that place are surely more important?

Get someone in an official position to go public and state that Wales is just a county of England and see how many votes they get in any election.

They'd have the vote of the tedious pedants. We're a powerful constituency!

Although I don't vote. If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal, eh comrades? Oh.

Archived