Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Worst Season You Can Remember

Whats the worst season you can remember as a Leicester fan? Mine would probably have to be the season we got relegated from the Premiership in our final season at Filbo :(

What about you lot?!

Has to be the same for most of young people, like said before, it was a dismal season and really the end of an era as we knew it with MON gone.

Peter Taylor :mad:

Whats the worst season you can remember as a Leicester fan? Mine would probably have to be the season we got relegated from the Premiership in our final season at Filbo :(

What about you lot?!

I would also go with this season. Horrible season .:cry::cry: Lets just hope we dont get one like it again.

Last season. Take away the cup run and it was the most boring season Ive known. No game really sticks in my mind from last season in the league and I just remember the frustrating start under Micky and the failure to get going under Levein.

The Administration and La Manga episodes were testing times for the club and the supporters without a doubt. So they're worthy candidates of worst season.

In purely football terms, though, I have to go, like so many before me, with the last season at Filbo. How quickly we had gone from a team challenging the top to a team attempting to smash all the records for the heaviest home defeats and fewest wins was just shocking.

I suppose it could also be argued (has been?) that such a collapse on the football side of things took the club to the brink, financially - which makes it by far the worst season in memory for me.

Last season was mostly a disappointment, there was nothing too much of note aside from the cup run, we won a few games, we lost some games, we never witnessed total demolition of another team, nor our own. About as middle-of-the-road as you could get.

Frank McLintock was the worst,let me tell you, you had to see it to belive it,made that twat taylor look good

Quite!

Over all the season when it all went tits up and all MONs hard work went down the swannie as others have mentioned - that has to be the worst. Even the 90/91 season under Pleat wasnt that bad because at least it had a happy ending. La Manga and admin has to be this clubs darkest day though, being the main subject on Sky News every day was hard to stomach, those stupid bints give women a bad name!

01-02 aside as everyone has mentioned it, I'd probably have to say 03-04. Why do we want to be back in the Prem again? <_<
To me, it was more humiliating than the 94-95 season, cos at least we had some cracking games in there. 03-04 was embarrassing, the only highlight I can recall at present being a last minute equaliser against the Arse. :rolleyes:

To me, it was more humiliating than the 94-95 season, cos at least we had some cracking games in there. 03-04 was embarrassing, the only highlight I can recall at present being a last minute equaliser against the Arse. :rolleyes:

I think absloutley battering Leeds was quite a achievement. 3-0 at the City of Manchester wasn't really a bad result either.

I didn't think 03/04 was that bad. We were so incredibly unlucky.

It was also good to have an average attendance of 30,000. We think we're in the financial shit now, imagine if we hadn't had that season in the prem..

I think absloutley battering Leeds was quite a achievement. 3-0 at the City of Manchester wasn't really a bad result either.
Thanks, I'd forgotten those games, which proves to me how crap it was that I'd forgotten them!

Those were good games, as was the Arsenal one, and Brum away (although for the context of the game more than anything else..) but mostly when I think of 03/04 I think of letting in 5 goals against Villa in 18 minutes, letting in two goals in the 90th and 91st minute at Boro to go from being 3-1 up to drawing 3-3, being 3-0 up at HT against Wolves then losing 4-3... letting in last minute goals against Spurs (x2), Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, Everton, Liverpool, Fulham, Man City and dodgy goals against Charlton (x2), Everton and Blackburn... and perfectly good goals being ruled out... and diving from Di Canio... and Savage getting Elliott sent off vs Brum... and La Manga... and players promising to stay at the end of the season and then leaving seconds later...

:cry:

Those were good games, as was the Arsenal one, and Brum away (although for the context of the game more than anything else..) but mostly when I think of 03/04 I think of letting in 5 goals against Villa in 18 minutes, letting in two goals in the 90th and 91st minute at Boro to go from being 3-1 up to drawing 3-3, being 3-0 up at HT against Wolves then losing 4-3... letting in last minute goals against Spurs (x2), Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, Everton, Liverpool, Fulham, Man City and dodgy goals against Charlton (x2), Everton and Blackburn... and perfectly good goals being ruled out... and diving from Di Canio... and Savage getting Elliott sent off vs Brum... and La Manga... and players promising to stay at the end of the season and then leaving seconds later...

:cry:

I think we found out who our friends were that season...no one! Not even the bloody players!

1990-1991

The David Pleat season when we so nearly slipped into the old division two.

The 1-0 win at home to Oxford (TONY JAMES !!!) saved our skins.

Thankfully Pleat was sacked in time for Gordon Lee to save us. :scarf:

The Mclintock season, 1977-78. You think recent has been bad, go back and look at the stats! Believe me that team of has-beens made Pleat/Taylor teams look like Brazil. Then came big Jock...any one remember those days?!!! :P

Plus we stuffed Portsmouth home and away.

We also scored lots of cracking goals that season. Unfortunately too many of them were in our own net!

I'm old enough to remember 77-78 and would have to say that it was definitely our worst season.

McLintock's mob made the Taylor/Bassett side look like Brazil 1970!

I'm barely old enough to remember that season properly, and I certainly wasn't old enough to go and watch it! From what I can remember from things my dad and grandads used to talk about, and from what I've read, it was pretty shocking.

Archived