Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Worst City players of all time...

How can judge someone on 1 game?! Quantity and Quality surely...

What bout that bloke that claimed to be George Weah's Cousin and got to play 30 mins for Southampton he was surely their worst ever player, he played like a right 'SPAZ' :smile::D

Pressman

Curtis, Howey, Priet, Rogers

Brooker, Hignett, Lewis, Hammil

Blake, Benjamin

How about that for a side we could put together from the last few seasons. Beautiful.

OMFG take Pressman and Hammil out and the rest of them were in same squad under Adams :blush:

Take out Coatsworth he was great. That goal against Luton almost broke the net. Booooooom

I think the worst player I have seen wear the shirt has to be Akinbye. He is great now but the number of times he spooned it or fell over....

Brian Carey was pretty bad though. As was Kalac.

Pressman

Blake, Benjamin

How about that for a side we could put together from the last few seasons. Beautiful.

Subs: Kalac, Akinbadbuy, fenton, WISE, carey

arnar gunnlaugernson

What are you on about? Quite possibly the best substitute we've had in the last god-knows-how-many years. For ten minutes, he was the best player in the country every game! And what's with Lee Philpot? He was alright, worked pretty hard - not amazing but not on par with some of the people in this thread.

Certainly can't see how he gets named in here and yet - astonishingly - no one's mentioned MDV, unless I'm blind (possible.) As bad as Akinbiyi may have been, I'd take him over MDV any day. I mean can you imagine MDV if we'd been in the premiership!?

Edit: Ps: Graham Fenton took a damn good penalty and uban myths about his mam phoning up moaning because he wasn't in the team = legend.

Pressman

Blake, Benjamin

Howey was actually one of our better players when he wasn't injured. I remember him and Scimeca struck up a good defensive partnership when we enjoyed our best run of the season in 03/04.

i thought frank the plank sinclair was a crap player. i remember 1 premiership season that he scored own goals in the 1st 3 games. tosser

shut up sinclair was a legend. what about matt jones cost us 3million and was shite!! :mad:

i thought frank the plank sinclair was a crap player. i remember 1 premiership season that he scored own goals in the 1st 3 games. tosser

:o i blame the keeper (unless it was flowers)

a few of the MON-era kids were quite bad; stuart wilson, sam mcmahon stef/scott oaks (which ever)

shut up sinclair was a legend. what about matt jones cost us 3million and was shite!!

What's with people talking shite in this thread? Matthew Jones was plagued by injuries that eventually forced him, tragically, to retire early. Yes, it's unfortunate that that was a waste of £3 million for someone who only played about ten times. It sounds cold, but football's a cruel and very real industry. However it's not his fault, in fact it's really sad. He was a decent enough footballer and a lively, young prospect.

And no, not just 'cos he's Welsh. He really was. I don't hear you moaning about Pipes being a shit, injury-prone waste of a million quid on Sunderland's behalf.

Nicky Platanauer

Lee Philpott (c'mon he was AWFUL)

Brian Carey

Franck Rolling

Michael Trotter

Lee Marshall

Joe Hamill (never have I seen a player consistently do nothing in a game)

Junior Lewis (despite this I remember him controlling the midfield at Old Trafford in one of his first games for the club. Everyone was saying we should snap him up)

Nicky Platanauer

Lee Philpott (c'mon he was AWFUL)

Brian Carey

Franck Rolling

Michael Trotter

Lee Marshall

Joe Hamill (never have I seen a player consistently do nothing in a game)

Junior Lewis (despite this I remember him controlling the midfield at Old Trafford in one of his first games for the club. Everyone was saying we should snap him up)

:o

Archived