Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Bands you like that no-one else likes

I'm clearly running out of ideas for threads here. Anyway, this is my latest idea. Bands you like who you may well have brought to the attention of others but no one who you've spoken to about them likes them. In fact most people think they're sh it.

Here's mine:

Hefner

The French

The Hidden Cameras

Motion City Soundtrack

Ambulance Ltd

As an aside here, I would like to withdraw my assessment of the Kooks as horribly mediocre. They're great. Factoid. MOR great, but great nonetheless.

Nobody shares my enthusiasm for Tool on here, so I guess they would count ;)

hey I have nothing against Tool!!!

I saw them live back in the day supporting Rage Against The Machine

You're the first then... The vast majority (of what I've read) on here do not listen to music that comes remotely close to Tool though...

You're the first then... The vast majority (of what I've read) on here do not listen to music that comes remotely close to Tool though...

The only thing wrong with them was the one piece orange romper suit that MJK was wearing!!! SHOCKING STUFF!!!

The only thing wrong with them was the one piece orange romper suit that MJK was wearing!!! SHOCKING STUFF!!!

Well that's what he wants..to shock people :P They take the piss out of journalists all the time and have a quite weird and sinister sense of humor

I've been a big fan of Saint Etienne for pretty much as long as they've been in existence (roughly since 1989, I think). They don't seem to register on many people's musical radars though.

I also like The Wedding Present - again, they rarely get a mention anywhere these days.

I've been a big fan of Saint Etienne for pretty much as long as they've been in existence (roughly since 1989, I think). They don't seem to register on many people's musical radars though.

I also like The Wedding Present - again, they rarely get a mention anywhere these days.

St Etienne de Crecy? Yeah, they're ok...haven't heard much of them though

Good stuff.

Mr Peel agreed with you too...

I love the Wedding Present. When they released Bizarro I ditched my job (which was shite anyway) and followed them around the country with about 60 other people. Those were the days. Seamonsters is probably the best album of all time with another long time hero Steve Albini producing it.

Should say I like the Butthole Surfers. No one likes them. Test Icicles are the current passion. Anyone like them?

I love Fugazi, The Nation of Ulysses and other Dischord bands but many people have never heard of them let alone enjoy them as much as I do!!

Not heard much of Fugazi, but what I have heard I liked.

I worked as guitar roadie for Ian MacKaye on Fugazi's first UK tour in 1988 - Have to say they were class live in their early days

Also had the added bonus of seeing a new band from London who supported them in Nottingham - I was absolutely blown away by this London band and ended travelling all over the country to see them over the next several years - The name of this band? - SNUFF

Nobody shares my enthusiasm for Tool on here, so I guess they would count ;)

I met up with an old friend a year or two ago and we went to Brixton Academy to see Tool

He thought they were brillient...I was bored - (Did see Jack & Kelly Osbourne at the show - not that it made any difference :ph34r: )

Also had the added bonus of seeing a new band from London who supported them in Nottingham - I was absolutely blown away by this London band and ended travelling all over the country to see them over the next several years - The name of this band? - SNUFF

snuffsaidbutgorblimeyguvstonemeifhedidn'tthrowawobblerchachachachachachachachachachayou'regoinghomeinacosmicambience is a brilliant album

Good stuff.

Mr Peel agreed with you too...

I love the Wedding Present. When they released Bizarro I ditched my job (which was shite anyway) and followed them around the country with about 60 other people. Those were the days. Seamonsters is probably the best album of all time with another long time hero Steve Albini producing it.

Brilliant band. Hearing "Kennedy" when I was 13 was like opening the door to a completely new world. This sounds a bit twee, but hearing it still excites me today. David Gedge is my favourite ever male vocalist, even more so than Morrissey.

Whoever said the Wedding Present then kudos, they were a superb band I'm listening to Seamonsters right now.

Super Furry Animals are my all time favourite band and none of my mates like them. They clearly have no taste.

St Etienne de Crecy? Yeah, they're ok...haven't heard much of them though

Etienne De Crecy was, I think, some geezer who put together the Super Discount albums - I think he is/was a DJ.

Saint Etienne are a London-based band. Depending on which hat they're wearing, they make folky, electronic and pop-based music. :thumbup:

Whoever said the Wedding Present then kudos, they were a superb band I'm listening to Seamonsters right now.

Super Furry Animals are my all time favourite band and none of my mates like them. They clearly have no taste.

The Wedding Present shout was me. :) It's good to see they are still pretty popular.

SFA have been/are a great band. I can't say I've followed their career too closely but they've knocked out some top singles over the years. I should really get a Greatest Hits.

Archived