Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

who'd have thought it

If there was an offer on the table of £1,500,000 from any club i would accept it. He is not irreplaceable,but is a good first team player. However we could get a replacement with that money, and maybe buy a new winger.

If there was an offer on the table of £1,500,000 from any club i would accept it. He is not irreplaceable,but is a good first team player. However we could get a replacement with that money, and maybe buy a new winger.

I appreciate like all of us that everyone has their price, but I have a feeling that we would let people go for 250K, we have done before ... Jordan, Matt Heath etc.

OK that is GOod business for them, but not for everyone, I think we should try and keep our team together to make a push for promotion. :whistle:

If we got £2m plus add ons we could theoretically land McAuley for the £150,000 agreed with Crewe by Lincoln,

afford Tiatto's wages if Kelly insists on keeping him on the payroll, put in an acceptable bid for Welsh and still have £1.0m left over for at least one more player, possible two. McAuley would increase our goal threat at set pieces and provide us with an acceptable replacement centre-back. That's not a bad prospect.

I appreciate like all of us that everyone has their price, but I have a feeling that we would let people go for 250K, we have done before ... Jordan, Matt Heath etc.

OK that is GOod business for them, but not for everyone, I think we should try and keep our team together to make a push for promotion. :whistle:

Thats becuase they are both rubbish Janks :D

Kiso will command more of a fee then that espically if he has a good WC. I doubt he will go before then if he does go.

Thats becuase they are both rubbish Janks :D

Kiso will command more of a fee then that espically if he has a good WC. I doubt he will go before then if he does go.

I DID say that it was good business for them! :cool:

After the abuse he's taken this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave, to be fair.

he seemed to be loving signing all those autographs before the plymouth game, i think his 1st choice would be to stay here but as people have said everyone has a price.

i'd be happy with simlar to what we got for connolly especially with add ons like his, getting another million when he's hardly played, great bit o' business

Why is that? Dont you think kelly will sell? Or do you just think nobody will bid?

given the choice, kelly would surely choose not to sell unless for absolutely stupid money, however its not guaranteed he'd have the final say

given the choice, kelly would surely choose not to sell unless for absolutely stupid money, however its not guaranteed he'd have the final say

He can't afford to sell unless the money is good, so you're probably right there.

Especially those players who have formed most of his starting 11 - he would want a good fee for any of Stearman, Kisnorbo, McCarthy and maybe even Nissa.

The likely downfall will be that if a 'bigger' club does come in (a Prem club, obviously) for a player, the player may want to go - now you're going to lose the player and you may not be able to get as much for him (if you price the buyer out, the move doesn't happen and you may have a pissed-off player to deal with)

Let's just hope this 'team spirit' they're building stretches as far as the players wanting to play for nobody but us :thumbup::smile:

Is he definitely going to the World Cup then cos everyone seems pretty sure he is?

well he is able to play in a number of positions, has been brilliant since going to CB for us and they dont have that many good players to choose from, so it would be a supprise if he didnt

If we got £2m plus add ons we could theoretically land McAuley for the £150,000 agreed with Crewe by Lincoln,

afford Tiatto's wages if Kelly insists on keeping him on the payroll, put in an acceptable bid for Welsh and still have £1.0m left over for at least one more player, possible two. McAuley would increase our goal threat at set pieces and provide us with an acceptable replacement centre-back. That's not a bad prospect.

McAuley is out of contract at the end of the season. ;):thumbup:

Is he definitely going to the World Cup then cos everyone seems pretty sure he is?

I dunno ask Guss Hiddink. However having thought about it I dont think we will be seeing much of Patrick this summer.

Cahill looks a major doubt now though which improves his chances I would think. While I'd fancy him to get into the squad its by no means a certainty. Ahmad Elrich, Stan Lazaridis jubo Milicevic Lucas Neill, Tony Popovic Michael Thwaite, Tony Vidmar, Mark Bresciano, Scott Chipperfield, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Vincenzo Grella Josip Skoko and Luke Wilkshire are all probabley before him in the que for a ticket to germany ( included all players across the defense and midfiled seeing as Kiso claims to be able to play in all those postions) if the can remain/get fit. If he makes it he may well struggle to get in the team.

TBH i think the club will try to hold their nerve but i woulnt be surprised to see severaly players leave on or around deadline day.last year we got lucky as wigan got all excited with their new found money and threw money at a hot striker at the time.they wont do that again, and neither will any premiership team i think.that 2m rising to 3m was luck.there are probably no players in the championship now worth that. 6 years ago, yes many, but modern day football sees all the money in the premiership.players that used to have value no longer command a high price.cheap imports from europe have seen to that.i wouldnt be surprised to see a few academy boys moving to other clubs soon and we wont even know about it until theyre playing on tv!premiership clubs can say 'well give u this amount.if u dont like it, then wel go somewhere else and leave you in financial uncertainty'. they have a monopoly over all the lower leagues now and we are all pandering to them.a major financial investor is the only way.

who was it who quoted 4m for kis??what are you smoking?are u at uni as well? :D:blink: the club will sell kis for anything around the 500k mark i would have thought if thats what was offered on deadline day. hume and fryatt for 1.5, stearman for 1m and paddy mac for about 750k.so altogether our entire team is worth around the 6m mark. in the premiership (or div 1 6 years ago) that would be 3 times that.but not anymore. and of the money we gain from transfers, how much do you really think will be made available to RK?not much.weve already got a shortfall, especially from attendances and the extra 1m from conolly is going on that to help recover it.perhaps some people dont appreciate what a dire situation we are in. i hate to sound all gloomy and pessimistic, but if we get our hopes up and expect to be in the prem, well be devastated wen we find our self in league 1 or even worse, not existing at all....OR even more dreadfull than that, below forrest :yawn::cry::(

TBH i think the club will try to hold their nerve but i woulnt be surprised to see severaly players leave on or around deadline day.last year we got lucky as wigan got all excited with their new found money and threw money at a hot striker at the time.they wont do that again, and neither will any premiership team i think.that 2m rising to 3m was luck.there are probably no players in the championship now worth that. 6 years ago, yes many, but modern day football sees all the money in the premiership.players that used to have value no longer command a high price.cheap imports from europe have seen to that.i wouldnt be surprised to see a few academy boys moving to other clubs soon and we wont even know about it until theyre playing on tv!premiership clubs can say 'well give u this amount.if u dont like it, then wel go somewhere else and leave you in financial uncertainty'. they have a monopoly over all the lower leagues now and we are all pandering to them.a major financial investor is the only way.

who was it who quoted 4m for kis??what are you smoking?are u at uni as well? :D:blink: the club will sell kis for anything around the 500k mark i would have thought if thats what was offered on deadline day. hume and fryatt for 1.5, stearman for 1m and paddy mac for about 750k.so altogether our entire team is worth around the 6m mark. in the premiership (or div 1 6 years ago) that would be 3 times that.but not anymore. and of the money we gain from transfers, how much do you really think will be made available to RK?not much.weve already got a shortfall, especially from attendances and the extra 1m from conolly is going on that to help recover it.perhaps some people dont appreciate what a dire situation we are in. i hate to sound all gloomy and pessimistic, but if we get our hopes up and expect to be in the prem, well be devastated wen we find our self in league 1 or even worse, not existing at all....OR even more dreadfull than that, below forrest :yawn::cry::(

Well I can't accept that, it was no more than 5 minutes ago, when we were 2 millimetres from being relegated to Division 3 that we agreed to pay Walsalll £750K for Fyatt. We are now safely settled in the Championship for at least another season, where we could go up, down or stay. Why then would they accept £750K for him now? That's totally illogical or there has been some serious financial mismanagment.

I do agree with the gist of your argument but not some of the detail.

Well I can't accept that, it was no more than 5 minutes ago, when we were 2 millimetres from being relegated to Division 3 that we agreed to pay Walsalll £750K for Fyatt. We are now safely settled in the Championship for at least another season, where we could go up, down or stay. Why then would they accept £750K for him now? That's totally illogical or there has been some serious financial mismanagment.

I do agree with the gist of your argument but not some of the detail.

does he mean 1.5 for each ?

Archived